[Today at 03:07:33 PM]

MU single game tickets? by We R Final Four
[Today at 02:27:28 PM]

2025 Bracketology by muwarrior69
[Today at 02:04:28 PM]

Tyler's Point Total by JWags85
[Today at 09:13:43 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Tip-Off Luncheon

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Luncheon

Date/Time: Oct 31, 2024 11:30am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Big East Media Day  (Read 1940 times)

jfp61

• All American
Re: Big East Media Day
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2024, 02:35:31 PM »
The same Jolp who was 2-10 FG, including 0-7 on 3FG, and shot us out of the game, the last time we took the court? 

I've been waiting 3 years to see some consistency from him.  I 'd be happy as heck to see him make 'em pay, but realistically don't expect to see it this year either.
The same can be said about Bryce Hopkins but somehow providences anchor last season is first team all big east.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2024, 02:39:05 PM »
The same Jolp who was 2-10 FG, including 0-7 on 3FG, and shot us out of the game, the last time we took the court? 

I've been waiting 3 years to see some consistency from him.  I 'd be happy as heck to see him make 'em pay, but realistically don't expect to see it this year either.
If Joplin is the biggest problem for MU, this will be a fun season.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2024, 02:40:59 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2024, 02:59:00 PM »
He's not our biggest problem, but definitely hasn't taken a step beyond 6th man of the year.   

And, I have no doubt it will be a fun season.
Can't wait to see Jop make it rain to go up 30 vs DePaul again!

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2024, 03:06:50 PM »
If all you see when you look at Jop is a guy that feasted against DePaul and struggled against NCST, you got some real selective memory.

Jop was inconsistent last year.  Everybody was inconsistent last year. That's just what college ball is. Jop had bad games, but was also the biggest reason we beat UCLA, no Kansas win and no shot at Purdue without his performance against UCLA. He also stepped up huge when we were shorthanded on the road @CU.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

MurphysTillClose

• Starter
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2024, 03:10:41 PM »
First thing I thought of
What? MU only fourth, and UCONN continues to dominate?
Is MU slipping further behind UCONN?
Surely that can't be.

Soft

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2024, 03:17:18 PM »
Hurley was MU's first place vote.

Have been saying it for most of 2 decades UCONN and Marquette are friends

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2024, 03:17:55 PM »
First Team:
Alex Karaban
Kam Jones
Bryce Hopkins
Kadary Richmond
Eric Dixon

Second Team:
Pierre Brooks II
Jahmyl Telfort
Deivon Smith
Zach Freemantle
Dayvion McKnight

Third Team:
Aidan Mahaney
Steven Ashworth
Jayden Epps
Wooga Poplar
Ryan Conwell

Freshman of the Year:
Liam McNeeley

Player of the Year:
Ryan Kalkbrenner

Congratulations Awesome Kam!!

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2024, 03:46:15 PM »
Dan Hurley continues to be MUBB's #1 fan. I wonder what his scoop username is.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2024, 03:57:55 PM »
He’s Rico

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2024, 08:47:59 PM »
Watching media day today and it struck me...it gets harder and harder to watch these kids graduate, and that is a testament to Shaka and the culture he has built and the people he has brought in.

Darryl and Kur were great additions to Justin Lewis and Greg Elliott and it was awesome to see them start this era.

OMax was up there with the most underappreciated players I can remember here. Such a pure soul of a person, and he did all the little things on the court.

Oso and Tyler were elite in all aspects.

...but Kam, Jop, and Stevie in particular just are everything you could hope for in a player. Great people, great players, that understand what it is to be a part of something bigger than themselves.

Shaka has built a program to be proud of in such little time, and I hope it lasts forever.
VIOLENCE!

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2024, 09:04:19 PM »
Watching media day today and it struck me...it gets harder and harder to watch these kids graduate, and that is a testament to Shaka and the culture he has built and the people he has brought in.

Darryl and Kur were great additions to Justin Lewis and Greg Elliott and it was awesome to see them start this era.

OMax was up there with the most underappreciated players I can remember here. Such a pure soul of a person, and he did all the little things on the court.

Oso and Tyler were elite in all aspects.

...but Kam, Jop, and Stevie in particular just are everything you could hope for in a player. Great people, great players, that understand what it is to be a part of something bigger than themselves.

Shaka has built a program to be proud of in such little time, and I hope it lasts forever.

It is really cool seeing them there together in how it symbolizes the way Shaka has run the program. Seeing 3 guys that came in together, stay in this era of hoops together and be there for year 4 for a full run is really awesome.

Keeyyan was part of the class too but his leaving was all around something that needed to happen.

Seeing Stevie, Jop and Kam finish it all out together is very cool.

Also, I have no idea what other teams do. But I was always under the impression media day was mostly a senior thing(obviously in Shakas time here we have rarely had those prior to this year so we had to improvise) but we brought all the upperclassmen this year which seems like that may be a Shaka staple for those that stick with the program

Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2024, 09:21:34 PM »
It is really cool seeing them there together in how it symbolizes the way Shaka has run the program. Seeing 3 guys that came in together, stay in this era of hoops together and be there for year 4 for a full run is really awesome.

Keeyyan was part of the class too but his leaving was all around something that needed to happen.

Seeing Stevie, Jop and Kam finish it all out together is very cool.

Also, I have no idea what other teams do. But I was always under the impression media day was mostly a senior thing(obviously in Shakas time here we have rarely had those prior to this year so we had to improvise) but we brought all the upperclassmen this year which seems like that may be a Shaka staple for those that stick with the program
Emarion Ellis was part of that group as well. Now at Nicholls St.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2024, 09:27:53 PM »
Emarion Ellis was part of that group as well. Now at Nicholls St.

Oh yeah forgot him completely haha

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2024, 11:55:24 PM »
https://x.com/JonRothstein/status/1849068586096332905

Rothstein is hit or miss for people. I think his commitment to his bit/schtick is pretty funny and appreciate him as a good source for CBB content when the season rolls around

But holy hell thats a bad tweet. Tough to have an on-going bit about ignoring all friends and family and strictly watching basketball but not know something like that.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: Today at 01:13:18 AM »
That’s almost as bad as Kalkbrenner vs Josh Oduro

MU82

• All American
« Reply #40 on: Today at 01:21:18 PM »
If all you see when you look at Jop is a guy that feasted against DePaul and struggled against NCST, you got some real selective memory.

Jop was inconsistent last year.  Everybody was inconsistent last year. That's just what college ball is. Jop had bad games, but was also the biggest reason we beat UCLA, no Kansas win and no shot at Purdue without his performance against UCLA. He also stepped up huge when we were shorthanded on the road @CU.

Yep.

Also hit the clinching FTs to get us into the Sweet 16, hit two big second-half 3s against Western Kentucky to help us break open a far-too-close game, came up huge against Nova in OT and took over the home game against Seton Hall to turn a close game into a rout. Among others.

It's easy to acknowledge that we need more from him more often this season while also realizing that he has had many, many, many good games for us so far in his MU career.

Looking forward to a solid season from our senior forward.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

tower912

• All American
« Reply #41 on: Today at 02:52:16 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCoJ2Mo8jvI&t=232s

Shaka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCoJ2Mo8jvI&t=189s

Kam

In case you are interested what they think.

Also, look for Kam talking with Katz on X.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:09:53 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #42 on: Today at 03:37:11 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCoJ2Mo8jvI&t=232s

Shaka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCoJ2Mo8jvI&t=189s

Kam

In case you are interested what they think.

Also, look for Kam talking with Katz on X.

both links are to Shaka

tower912

• All American
« Reply #43 on: Today at 04:09:50 PM »
Look around.