[September 20, 2024, 07:45:48 PM]

Big East 2024 -25 Results by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 06:05:27 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by MU82
[September 20, 2024, 12:31:28 PM]

Excellent Mr Dodds Interview with Ben Gold by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 08:52:59 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Starting line ups/rotations 24-25  (Read 5169 times)

Shooter McGavin

• All American
Re: Starting line ups/rotations 24-25
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2024, 10:58:40 PM »
Yep, people jumping on the unknown (DO) at the expense of the know (BG/DJ) confound me.

Not sure this is mutually exclusive. 

Also, many of the people who agree with you and Tower thinks Owens will be the sixth man.  Meaning a difference maker.

Im not sold either way because I have not seen him play other than you tube highlights.

But I find it encouraging that normally restrained posters who have previously remained cautious on freshman impact prior to seasons starting are a little more optimistic about DO than other freshmen.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2024, 11:29:15 PM »
The point I am trying to make is that really you currently have no point.

No one is anointing him anything. No savior. Simply that by everything out of camp he's going to contribute immediately. Likely more than Kam did.

Basically your entire basis is "I've been fooled too many times by freshman, so nothing else matters. Must prove it in November"

Fine. But massively flawed.

Shaka, MU, and Shaka at MU are all 3 not immune to freshman having the EXACT year that people in the know are setting as an expectation for Owens

Just wild that there's push back on saying the guy is a top end bench and BE caliber lol

You'd think someone said he was 1st team all America.

I like that you say that I don’t have a point and then make my point for me. He’s an unknown player. I expect nothing from unknown players, that way I can’t be disappointed. I would be absolutely shocked if he puts up Kams freshman production. Also, the only one that has used words like anoint is you. What I’m saying is prove it in actual games, not just is summer work outs and one open practice.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #102 on: Today at 10:36:44 AM »
So if people are hearing good things about a freshman they shouldn't talk about it because it doesn't mean anything until November? Seems to defeat the point of a team message board if you don't want people to post messages relating to what they hear about the team.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #103 on: Today at 10:53:43 AM »
If Damarius can hit from deep at a clip of 13.0% or better, he should get 40 mpg
The FBI screwed up in Butler, PA.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #104 on: Today at 11:55:28 AM »
So if people are hearing good things about a freshman they shouldn't talk about it because it doesn't mean anything until November? Seems to defeat the point of a team message board if you don't want people to post messages relating to what they hear about the team.

You can talk about him as much as you want.  I have neither the power or desire to control what others post.  Just understand that from a historical perspective, it's unlikely that he will have the production that some are anticipating. If you think that he will be the exception, that's fine, I genuinely hope that it happens because it means that we will have more team success.  I just would prefer more evidence than summer coach talk, summer highlight videos, and one open practice before I will be convinced.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #105 on: Today at 12:46:43 PM »
Just understand that from a historical perspective, it's unlikely that he will have the production that some are anticipating.

March 9, 2022: Just understand that from a historical perspective, it’s unlikely that Marquette will advance beyond the semifinals in the Big East Tournament.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #106 on: Today at 12:52:00 PM »
March 9, 2022: Just understand that from a historical perspective, it’s unlikely that Marquette will advance beyond the semifinals in the Big East Tournament.

Kinda an apples to oranges comparison don’t you think?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #107 on: Today at 01:48:02 PM »
You can talk about him as much as you want.  I have neither the power or desire to control what others post.  Just understand that from a historical perspective, it's unlikely that he will have the production that some are anticipating. If you think that he will be the exception, that's fine, I genuinely hope that it happens because it means that we will have more team success.  I just would prefer more evidence than summer coach talk, summer highlight videos, and one open practice before I will be convinced.

There aren’t a ton of datapoints with Shaka at MU. 3 years here. Shaka played a lot of newcomers a lot of minutes year one, but that’s because he had to. Year 2 played the returners a ton, with Chase getting 17 mpg and Sean 12 mpg as freshmen. Last year had a ton of returning minutes, so very few minutes available for freshmen. Going into this year, there are minutes out there for the freshmen to take. I’d assume Zaide and Tre will get the first opportunity at those minutes, but neither consistently showed they’ll hold off decent talent.

Shaka did play freshmen a lot at Texas. But that talent was higher level than at MU.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter