2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by SaveOD238
[Today at 10:55:40 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 10:00:55 AM]

Ellenson and Lewis to NBA by JTJ3
[Today at 09:28:40 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Hards Alumni
[Today at 09:00:32 AM]

Preseason Rankings: Big East vs. Atlantic 10 by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:59:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule  (Read 102752 times)

SaveOD238

• All American
Re: 2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule
« Reply #450 on: Today at 06:40:53 AM »
Who's idea was it for almost all of the buy games to be weeknights at 8pm?  For those of us with kids, that makes it impossible to take a kid with to the game and help grow their fandom.  Absolutely ridiculous.

At least this way I won't have to worry about my kids not getting the concessions they want.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #451 on: Today at 06:45:35 AM »
Who's idea was it for almost all of the buy games to be weeknights at 8pm?  For those of us with kids, that makes it impossible to take a kid with to the game and help grow their fandom.  Absolutely ridiculous.

At least this way I won't have to worry about my kids not getting the concessions they want.

TV.  Eastern Time Zone Big East teams get that sweet 5:00 or 6:00 start time
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #452 on: Today at 09:00:08 AM »
Who's idea was it for almost all of the buy games to be weeknights at 8pm?

Whose*
REJOICE! Eric Dixon has been suspended!!

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #453 on: Today at 10:38:08 AM »

I wish we had more earlier games as well.  My kids are 3 and 6, so they can't do 8pm games and the WI and UConn games I'll have more hard core fans with me, which only leaves 3 games they can go to.  We also have a family friend who is a big Marquette fan that would love to go, but she's older and lives out in the boonies so doesn't want to attend an 8pm game and will be taking this year off from attending.

No skin off the school/team's back here and there's a lot of demand for tickets so no big deal there... but unfortunate in our personal situation that a few people won't go as often/at all this year.   Hoping for some better time slots next year is all we can do.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #454 on: Today at 10:45:01 AM »
Yeah, this would have been nice to know before we bought an extra ticket for our oldest this year. 8:00 is when we're starting the bedtime routine, so it would really be pushing it to take her to the games.

My hope is that with games on other networks next year, there will be a bit more flexibility with the start times.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #455 on: Today at 10:55:40 AM »
Whose*

Ya know, I caught it myself after I hit submit, thought about editing, and then thought "meh...the Scoop grammar mob won't care."  Guess I was wrong.

I wish we had more earlier games as well.  My kids are 3 and 6, so they can't do 8pm games and the WI and UConn games I'll have more hard core fans with me, which only leaves 3 games they can go to.  We also have a family friend who is a big Marquette fan that would love to go, but she's older and lives out in the boonies so doesn't want to attend an 8pm game and will be taking this year off from attending.

No skin off the school/team's back here and there's a lot of demand for tickets so no big deal there... but unfortunate in our personal situation that a few people won't go as often/at all this year.   Hoping for some better time slots next year is all we can do.

Same ages for me.  And I share a season ticket package with a buddy whose kids are about the same age.  There's just not enough reasonably timed games for us each to have a daddy-daughter or daddy-son trip with each of our 4 combined kids.  And with the games so late it feels silly to hire a babysitter who will mostly just be watching TV while the kids sleep, so the wives may not get a chance to go either.