[September 27, 2024, 09:25:40 PM]

[Cracked Sidewalks] Dayton Preview by tower912
[September 27, 2024, 04:52:28 PM]

Starting line ups/rotations 24-25 by tower912
[September 27, 2024, 03:11:39 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Billy Hoyle
[September 27, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Punched in the mouth  (Read 16308 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: Punched in the mouth
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2024, 05:20:39 PM »
It’s almost like you vastly overrate a winning streak against middle of the pack Big East teams.

Your idiocy has been fun during and after a tough game.  And you stalking me on here and consistently embarrassing yourself is also fun.

As far as my confidence in this team, I'm looking at the season as a whole, moron. A horrible game today, while disappointing, doesn’t change my opinion.

Rent-free, 🐱

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2024, 05:21:01 PM »
I don’t understand Scoop’s thought that you can’t make deep NCAA Tournament runs if you win your conference. Or win your conference tourney.

Someone should’ve told Jay Wright that. Maybe Nova would’ve won a natty under him if they weren’t always winning the BE.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2024, 05:21:23 PM »
Not big enough or strong enough to do much in the tournament

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2024, 05:22:50 PM »
Marquette likely is not a "title contender" no matter what. Only one team can win it. MU is a top 15 team and probably not a top 5 team. But before today, here is every contributors plus minus.

Tyler Kolek +230
Oso Ighodaro +245
Stevie Mitchell +153
Kam Jones +183
David Joplin +199
Chase Ross +117
Ben Gold +133
Sean Jones +25

Sean Played in 16 games. Chase 19. Stevie 20. Kam 23. Everyone Else 24.

What is this metric, offense?

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2024, 05:23:54 PM »
Too many missing pieces to win the National Championship.  Close, but not enough bench depth.

Or rebounding or consistent outside shooting.

All it takes is one bad shooting game and MU can be beaten by any team in the tournament with a seed of 15 or higher.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2024, 05:25:34 PM »

All it takes is one bad shooting game and MU can be beaten by any team in the tournament with a seed of 15 or higher.

Agree.  There are too many games in which they go ice cold for extended periods.  It may not matter against Xavier at home, but it matters in the Tourney.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2024, 05:25:45 PM »
Lol so true.  The coping levels here today are crazy.  Suddenly it’s good to lose by 30 pts.
Rational takes probably do look like copium when you’re in a state of panic
No Finish Line

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2024, 05:26:30 PM »

Why are people acting like team’s outside of UConn, Purdue, and to a lesser extent, Houston, all don’t have serious flaws?

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2024, 05:26:53 PM »
Your idiocy has been fun during and after a tough game.  And you stalking me on here and consistently embarrassing yourself is also fun.

As far as my confidence in this team, I'm looking at the season as a whole, moron. A horrible game today, while disappointing, doesn’t change my opinion.

Rent-free, 🐱

Of course it doesn’t change your opinion.  You’re the ultimate fan and won’t stand for anyone criticizing your team.  If they do they’re gonna get told they are a moron or have you imply that they have a baby penis (your weird fascination with baby penises is disturbing).   

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2024, 05:27:50 PM »
When you’re looking to compete for a national title, having a chance to win late in conference play against the reigning national champion and number one team in the country is an opportunity to prove you’re ready for that.

Losing by 30 is not a good thing no matter how you try to twist this. Overwhelmed by a better team.

This sh it is what I don’t get.

I’m king impulsive “game thread”  reaction.

But people act like it’s doom and gloom in here.

UConn kicked our ass last yeast year at home.

UConn also lost a crap ton of game in a row last year.

We lost. Kam needs to find his shot from deep. Oso and Tk need to realize when to not force.

It’s the same crap win or lose.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2024, 05:29:26 PM »
Of course it doesn’t change your opinion.  You’re the ultimate fan and won’t stand for anyone criticizing your team.  If they do they’re gonna get told they are a moron or have you imply that they have a baby penis (your weird fascination with baby penises is disturbing).

Feel free to take a look at my posts, dummy. Criticism is fine. Irrational stupidity, not so much.

I must have hit a nerve with you and it’s pretty clear why, little buddy.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2024, 05:30:02 PM »
Rational takes probably do look like copium when you’re in a state of panic

This was a historic loss.  The largest margin of defeat between 2 top 5 teams according to ESPN.  Yet it’s a rational take to say the loss today was a good thing and anyone who disagrees is in a state of panic.   That’s world class levels of copium. 

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2024, 05:30:37 PM »
Feel free to take a look at my posts, dummy. Criticism is fine. Irrational stupidity, not so much.

I must have hit a nerve with you and it’s pretty clear why, little buddy.

Lol you’re the one who continually brought up baby penises weirdo
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 05:32:45 PM by Farley36 »

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2024, 05:32:24 PM »
This was a historic loss.  The largest margin of defeat between 2 top 5 teams according to ESPN.  Yet it’s a rational take to say the loss today was a good thing and anyone who disagrees is in a state of panic.   That’s world class levels of copium.
Yeah I don’t see a bunch of people spinning this as “good”. I do see far too many acting like this means so much more than a single loss though (present company included).  We’re fine. Nothing about our prospects changed.
No Finish Line

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2024, 05:34:52 PM »

There were a lot of missed shots and weird bounces, but this game exposed some serious issues.  There is nothing good about a Senior led team, ranked #4, getting whupped like that.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2024, 05:34:56 PM »
Farley

There was a zero positive from the loss today, other than I think no one got injured. UConn is a fantastic team and they were out to bury MU and did just that. That said, unless UConn be cloned in the next month, I do not think MU faces a better team the rest of the way, including in the tournament.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2024, 05:35:55 PM »
The yappy chihuahua probably agrees with you Doc. I sure don't.

That's the best you can do?  I believe I asked if the Butler loss could help us.  This is a different animal obviously.  You clearly are very thin skinned. 

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2024, 05:36:06 PM »
Yeah I don’t see a bunch of people spinning this as “good”. I do see far too many acting like this means so much more than a single loss though.  We’re fine. Nothing about our prospects changed.

I guess that all depends.  They won’t win the Big East.  Was that something you thought they could do?  They aren’t good enough to compete for a national championship.  Was that something you thought was possible?  If you can answer no to both of those then you might be correct that nothing drastically has changed.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2024, 05:39:13 PM »
I guess that all depends.  They won’t win the Big East.  Was that something you thought they could do?  They aren’t good enough to compete for a national championship.  Was that something you thought was possible?  If you can answer no to both of those then you might be correct that nothing drastically has changed.
Can Kansas compete for a national championship? Can Purdue? If you want to curl up into a ball have at it. I don’t think any different about this team.
No Finish Line

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2024, 05:39:36 PM »
Always curious why certain posters are loudest after losses but disappear when things are good.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2024, 05:40:04 PM »
That's the best you can do?  I believe I asked if the Butler loss could help us.  This is a different animal obviously.  You clearly are very thin skinned.

Oh the irony!  ;D ;D ;D
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2024, 05:40:06 PM »
Always curious why certain posters are loudest after losses but disappear when things are good.
🤔
No Finish Line

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2024, 05:40:42 PM »
What is this metric, offense?

on the court +/-.

How marquette does when they play

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2024, 05:42:04 PM »

Last years UConn squad was better than this years.

Last years Marquette squad was worse than this years.

Last years Marquette squad won the BE regular season and BET tourney titles.

Last years UConn team won the Natty.

This years UConn team will win the BE reg season and likely win the BET.

No idea what this years Marquette team does in the NCAAt, but I’ll stand by my prediction that they get beyond UConn and to the EE, and that will make the casuals happy.

For me it’s FF or bust, with just being last years season being better overall.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2024, 05:42:32 PM »
Why are people acting like team’s outside of UConn, Purdue, and to a lesser extent, Houston, all don’t have serious flaws?

Not sure how you’re getting that from my comment.

MU has flaws and in a one and done tournament one bad game (even against a team that has flaws of its own) can mean the end of the road.

We saw Purdue lose to FDU and Arizona lose to Princeton in the first round last year. Anyone who thinks that MU is immune from that kind of early upset is delusional.

feedback