[Today at 04:41:17 PM]

2024-25 Roster by DFW HOYA
[Today at 03:15:39 PM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 02:56:18 PM]

Media Rights Update by WhiteTrash
[Today at 12:32:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Seton Hell  (Read 9128 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: Seton Hell
« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2024, 04:27:58 PM »
What was his % on open jumpshots? He poured in 13 points a night and got to the basket relentlessly.

Offense is our issue with this team, not defense.

He did not get to the basket “relentlessly”, Muggs.

I don’t know what his % was but he wasn’t a guy who was creating his own 3 point shot off the dribble. He was a solid shooter from distance. Trying to make it something else is delusional. We absolutely miss his athleticism on the wing in transition.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #126 on: January 06, 2024, 04:28:43 PM »
And his lock down D.   He was born to guard Richmond.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2024, 04:29:34 PM »
with the showing of first half Creighton, Providence, and SH today, "A 2 or 3 seed" is not virtually a lock

A team with losses to USC, Iowa, and Rutgers? That just got blown out by Xavier? They certainly aren't a good one. Bubble team at best, and that's including today's win.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2024, 04:32:10 PM »
I don't know that O-Max is the answer, but the offense is the problem. Four of our five worst adjusted offensive ratings came in the past four games (Wisconsin was the other). Last year we had 5 games all season long below 50% from two, today was our 4th such game this year and we're not even halfway through. We have a more experienced shooting team but are worse from three despite generating more open looks. The offense isn't nearly good enough to get to the heights the players talked about in September and October.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2024, 04:37:22 PM »
A team with losses to USC, Iowa, and Rutgers? That just got blown out by Xavier? They certainly aren't a good one. Bubble team at best, and that's including today's win.

FAU is coming off a Final Four and has a Big win against Arizona.

They are losing to Charlotte and already have losses to Bryant and FGCU. Are they also a bad team?
VIOLENCE!

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2024, 04:42:59 PM »

They are losing to Charlotte and already have losses to Bryant and FGCU. Are they also a bad team?

They're better than SHU, but probably a middle-seed NCAA team. Somewhere in the 5-7 range.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2024, 04:44:21 PM »

Not a great team or a 5th ranked team to start the season like MU.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2024, 04:44:50 PM »
Over the last 4 games, Kam is 7-32 from 3.  Honestly, from what I can recall, most of those were really good shots.  He's got to find and it soon.  We're simply not the same team when he's not making shots. 

Tyler disappeared today.  He's not a machine so these things happen and I would expect a big bounce back on Wednesday. 

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2024, 04:45:49 PM »
Early season losses to a team full of transfers is not that surprising. As your team starts to gel, you beat teams Uconn, MU and PC.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2024, 04:46:47 PM »
Over the last 4 games, Kam is 7-32 from 3.  Honestly, from what I can recall, most of those were really good shots.  He's got to find and it soon.  We're simply not the same team when he's not making shots. 

Tyler disappeared today.  He's not a machine so these things happen and I would expect a big bounce back on Wednesday.

Those two things are probably the biggest factors. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Goose

• All American
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2024, 04:47:22 PM »
panda

Of course Omax is missed and I agree with you. Just think it is funny that roughly a year ago MU played at SH and the announcers stated that a good number of NBA scouts were at the game to watch Omax and much of scoop got a big laugh out it. Now he is missed.

I said last May that I believed that if Omax was not replaced that Shaka did not believe they were a bonafide contender. I will say now, Omax should have been replaced, but seeing the ceiling of this team I still think they are a contender. Basically, Shaka could end up being right.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2024, 04:49:08 PM »
You are not wrong about the perception of Omax a season ago.    Comically underappreciated.     When he went in the portal and stayed, I said something like....paraphrasing.....
What is going to get him drafted is what MU is going to miss next year.   

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2024, 04:56:33 PM »
You are not wrong about the perception of Omax a season ago.    Comically underappreciated.     When he went in the portal draft and stayed, I said something like....paraphrasing.....
What is going to get him drafted is what MU is going to miss next year.   

;)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2024, 04:58:11 PM »
Ahhhhhhhh, crape.     Wait, he transferred to the NBA.    Yeah!    That's it!

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2024, 05:03:53 PM »

Seton Hall player their A+ game today.  Sometimes you just get beat, and that was today's story.  So what if they just got blown out by Xavier?  They just blew out UCONN by 15 at home too.

panda

• All American
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2024, 05:06:03 PM »
panda

Of course Omax is missed and I agree with you. Just think it is funny that roughly a year ago MU played at SH and the announcers stated that a good number of NBA scouts were at the game to watch Omax and much of scoop got a big laugh out it. Now he is missed.

I said last May that I believed that if Omax was not replaced that Shaka did not believe they were a bonafide contender. I will say now, Omax should have been replaced, but seeing the ceiling of this team I still think they are a contender. Basically, Shaka could end up being right.

We lose a player and don’t replace him with a similar skill set. Offense sputters for the reasons I mentioned above. I thought the combo of Joplin’s shooting/Ross’ potential to be a direct replacement would add a different dynamic, but it’s simply put more stress on Kolek/jones/oso who have not made up for the loss.

This team needs to figure out a more consistent way to score if they’re going to win games on the road and it’s not going to be volume 3’s.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2024, 05:12:17 PM »
Seton Hall, Providence, and Wisconsin all had their A games...   what's the common factor?

Seton Hall player their A+ game today.  Sometimes you just get beat, and that was today's story.  So what if they just got blown out by Xavier?  They just blew out UCONN by 15 at home too.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2024, 05:13:06 PM »
Can't shoot. Late on close outs. Soft on the boards. Tyler only going left into the gap containment. Adjust or die.

Now, just one Big East loss away from matching all of last season. The opposing coaches have adapted. Time for Shaka to counter as to keep doing what you are doing while expecting different results is maddening and insanity.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2024, 05:23:26 PM »
Seton Hall, Providence, and Wisconsin all had their A games...   what's the common factor?

I feel our shooting will come around - the bigger issue is these teams have neutralized Kolek as noted in the bolded below.  That being said, its tough to win on the road in the Big East and Seton Hall played REALLY well today, including a few circus shots that went in, Dawes shooting well above his averages and their 2 non-factor freshman kicking in 10 points on 5 of 5 shooting.

Can't shoot. Late on close outs. Soft on the boards. Tyler only going left into the gap containment. Adjust or die.

Now, just one Big East loss away from matching all of last season. The opposing coaches have adapted. Time for Shaka to counter as to keep doing what you are doing while expecting different results is maddening and insanity.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2024, 05:36:13 PM »
Ahhhhhhhh, crape.     Wait, he transferred to the NBA.    Yeah!    That's it!
Dallas offered pretty good NIL money
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #145 on: January 06, 2024, 05:38:43 PM »
Our offense this year is consistently inconsistent.   And that is why we lost the games we lost.   It is not fixed yet.  until it is, we are going to have these kinds of games.

And Kolek has more pressure on h8m… our 2 point % is down because teams have cut off the Oso/ Kolek p and r, and they are jamming the passing lanes so each pass Kolek makes this year is harder.    Now . . . What do we do about it?   That we will see. . .

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #146 on: January 06, 2024, 05:58:10 PM »
12. Subbing out our starters while they're rolling up 10

Today, you’re right but it has been working. Have to admit, Shaka has a lot of good points but he has not demonstrated that he is a great in-game coach.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #147 on: January 06, 2024, 05:59:11 PM »
Your panic game is strong in this thread
No Finish Line

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #148 on: January 06, 2024, 06:18:03 PM »
I feel our shooting will come around - the bigger issue is these teams have neutralized Kolek as noted in the bolded below.  That being said, its tough to win on the road in the Big East and Seton Hall played REALLY well today, including a few circus shots that went in, Dawes shooting well above his averages and their 2 non-factor freshman kicking in 10 points on 5 of 5 shooting.
I wouldn't call 22 TOs playing really well, but to each their own. As a coach I would be upset with 22 TOs
Goal is National Championship

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #149 on: January 06, 2024, 06:19:58 PM »
The good thing is Stevie and Sean were each 100% on 3s today!