[June 17, 2024, 07:22:01 PM]

Miletic Commits by Pakuni
[June 17, 2024, 04:37:03 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by The Equalizer
[June 17, 2024, 12:55:56 PM]

NBA green room by muwarrior97
[June 17, 2024, 12:30:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Seton Hall game thread  (Read 8084 times)

muhoops1

• All American
Re: Seton Hall game thread
« Reply #325 on: January 06, 2024, 01:12:21 PM »
No one moved on the inbound.  4 guys just standing around.  Odd

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #326 on: January 06, 2024, 01:12:33 PM »
Maybe with how last year ended

Just be the most talented 7 seed imaginable and hope to have some sack in March and get hot.

Right now this team won’t win at Georgetown

Lol come on, man. You don’t even believe that.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #327 on: January 06, 2024, 01:13:46 PM »
Two tough home games coming up.

If this team doesn’t win both of those we may be looking at a Bubble Watch season. They sure don’t look like a team that is headed for a protected seed.

If Ross is out for an extended time (as sounds likely) things could really get ugly.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #328 on: January 06, 2024, 01:13:50 PM »
Just can’t get it done. 0-2 on road to mid pack big east teams.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #329 on: January 06, 2024, 01:15:44 PM »
I mean you can’t compound those early mistakes by sitting Sean for 4 minutes from like the 6min mark to the 2:30 mark.

Makes no sense, none whatsoever.

Maybe they still don’t win with him, but cmon man

Viper

• All American
« Reply #330 on: January 06, 2024, 01:16:10 PM »
Things have kind of settled in. I still think 14-6 in conf is doable. A ranking in the 12-20 range from here on out is certainly realistic. Just frustrating there hasn’t been more of a step-up from Ross, Gold, one of the freshmen, and Jop consistency.

WarriorDoc

• Starter
« Reply #331 on: January 06, 2024, 01:16:17 PM »

If this team doesn’t win both of those we may be looking at a Bubble Watch season. They sure don’t look like a team that is headed for a protected seed.

If Ross is out for an extended time (as sounds likely) things could really get ugly.

Assuming the team continues to mostly hold serve at home and beats DePaul/Georgetown on the road, this team is not going to even sniff bubble watch with its resume.  They'll be firmly in.

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #332 on: January 06, 2024, 01:18:02 PM »
Assuming the team continues to mostly hold serve at home and beats DePaul/Georgetown on the road, this team is not going to even sniff bubble watch with its resume.  They'll be firmly in.

And firmly out after a game or two (at the most).

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #333 on: January 06, 2024, 01:19:24 PM »
With Kam cold, Kolek disinterested in road games, Jop/Gold/Ross not as advertised as improved.   Sean Jones looks somewhat better.   This team may be a struggle to be 4th or 5th in the BE.

Things have kind of settled in. I still think 14-6 in conf is doable. A ranking in the 12-20 range from here on out is certainly realistic. Just frustrating there hasn’t been more of a step-up from Ross, Gold, one of the freshmen, and Jop consistency.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #334 on: January 06, 2024, 01:19:34 PM »
Take the free throws off the board that SHU made when MU twice fouled a 3 point shooter, and MU gets out of there with a win.

Yes. Stupid, undisciplined mistakes where you give away points, will come back to cost you a game.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #335 on: January 06, 2024, 01:19:55 PM »

There are some real concerns about this team being good enough right now to secure a protected seed.

But this is a severe overreaction. We’re not losing either of those two home games.

They do need to get a conference road win to build some confidence. This team isn’t talented enough to win the league without full belief and confidence, and right now they don’t have that on the road. They got there last year. It feels like they are getting closer. But they aren’t there right now.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #336 on: January 06, 2024, 01:26:10 PM »
And firmly out after a game or two (at the most).
They a have good chance to be out between the first round and sweet sixteen? Wow really impressive basketball analysis.. the mods pity you and let you troll this board because of your pathetic personal life ostensibly? The most pathetic thing I’ve heard. Grow up lol

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #337 on: January 06, 2024, 01:28:01 PM »
Just can’t get it done. 0-2 on road to mid pack big east teams.

I think MU has to now be considered a mid pack Big East team.

That pack includes almost everyone but DePaul, Georgetown, and Xavier, and Xavier has a lot of upside potential as their freshmen and transfers get more time together.

UConn might or might not be ahead of that pack until Clingan returns.

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #338 on: January 06, 2024, 01:29:55 PM »
They a have good chance to be out between the first round and sweet sixteen? Wow really impressive basketball analysis.. the mods pity you and let you troll this board because of your pathetic personal life ostensibly? The most pathetic thing I’ve heard. Grow up lol

Yeah, they have no chance to win more than 2 games, and that would be the absolute max this team could achieve.

Much better chance they lose the first game than win a second.

And this is a team you goofs were talking about winning a national championship?!?!

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #339 on: January 06, 2024, 01:30:29 PM »
I think MU has to now be considered a mid pack Big East team.

That pack includes almost everyone but DePaul, Georgetown, and Xavier, and Xavier has a lot of upside potential as their freshmen and transfers get more time together.

UConn might or might not be ahead of that pack until Clingan returns.

Who do you have as the top of the pack teams?

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #340 on: January 06, 2024, 01:30:57 PM »
We aren’t physical enough, and they played 5 seniors

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #341 on: January 06, 2024, 01:32:01 PM »
Who do you have as the top of the pack teams?

Right? UConn also lost at SHU in a far less competitive game. PC lost Hopkins. We already beat Creighton.

WarriorDoc

• Starter
« Reply #342 on: January 06, 2024, 01:32:19 PM »
Yeah, they have no chance to win more than 2 games, and that would be the absolute max this team could achieve.

And this is a team you goofs were talking about winning a national championship?!?!

Can anyone educate me - is this guy still just romantically pining for Wojo, or is he from the Badger board?

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #343 on: January 06, 2024, 01:35:00 PM »

Nah I said they could make a final four. not likely but not crazy either

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #344 on: January 06, 2024, 01:35:26 PM »
Can anyone educate me - is this guy still just romantically pining for Wojo, or is he from the Badger board?

Badger.

Only shows up here last year and this year after performances like today, except isn't allowed to stay up for late games.

WarriorDoc

• Starter
« Reply #345 on: January 06, 2024, 01:39:11 PM »
Badger.

Only shows up here last year and this year after performances like today, except isn't allowed to stay up for late games.

It's funny, I saw a Marquette troll on Buckyuville and after a post or two he was banned.  Ban this idiot.

Guess I'll just find the ignore button.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #346 on: January 06, 2024, 01:41:02 PM »
Rebounds 43-25 TOs kept MU in the game.
Goal is National Championship

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #347 on: January 06, 2024, 01:41:28 PM »
Players that needed to step up and play bigger roles haven’t done it. Other teams have improved since November and MU hasn’t.

Losing road games is one thing but this team hasn’t even been competitive in its 2 road losses and this one is quickly turning into a third.

The early Big East games have shown that several teams that were pretty bad last year are much better this season. A Conference record in the 12-8 range is looking more likely than the 15-5 I had predicted.
Not a good sign for the Warriors
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #348 on: January 06, 2024, 01:46:04 PM »
14-6 compared to last year's 17-3 is not improvement. That is regression. With the players coming back and this performance there should be big concern with these results
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #349 on: January 06, 2024, 01:56:07 PM »
14-6 compared to last year's 17-3 is not improvement. That is regression. With the players coming back and this performance there should be big concern with these results

In 1977 Al had his most regular season losses in his final 10 years at Marquette. So a big time regular season regression. Hoping for something similar this year.

feedback