collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2024-25 NFL Thread  (Read 183972 times)

WhiteTrash

• All American
Re: 2024-25 NFL Thread
« Reply #4200 on: September 19, 2024, 08:17:34 AM »
https://packers.timesfour.com/topic/matt-lafleur-s-2-1-million-dollar-home-in-depere-wi

Meanwhile... He's just left alone
So the hard working people of Wisconsin are funding this guys central air conditioning? Sports salaries are out of control.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4201 on: September 19, 2024, 09:07:30 AM »
Dan Campbell is selling his house.  His address got out and Detroit fans have reacted poorly to losses, sending contractors to his house to do unnecessary work.

My all time worst road game experience as a fan of the road team was as packers fan in detroit. I took my 8 year old cousin (a lions fan) to the game. The things they were comfortable saying and doing in front of an 8 year old was concerning
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #4202 on: September 19, 2024, 10:11:40 AM »
My all time worst road game experience as a fan of the road team was as packers fan in detroit. I took my 8 year old cousin (a lions fan) to the game. The things they were comfortable saying and doing in front of an 8 year old was concerning
Fan base in Detroit not quite as bad as Philadelphia but definitely in top 3rd worst in the league.

In the old days at Tiger Stadium in Detroit, The right field bleachers were caged in for a reason. Will never forget some of the things the fans said and did out there to opposing teams , in particular Jim Rice for the Red Sox in Baseball games on Friday nights .
“It was a Great Day until it wasn’t”
    ——Rory McIlroy on Final Round at Pinehurst

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4203 on: September 19, 2024, 10:19:03 AM »
Fan base in Detroit not quite as bad as Philadelphia but definitely in top 3rd worst in the league.

In the old days at Tiger Stadium in Detroit, The right field bleachers were caged in for a reason. Will never forget some of the things the fans said and did out there to opposing teams , in particular Jim Rice for the Red Sox in Baseball games on Friday nights .

I was very close with Jackie Robinson when he broke the color barrier.  Went on the road to every game with him and Rachel.  Nothing compared to how he was treated in Boston.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #4204 on: September 19, 2024, 10:36:23 AM »
I was very close with Jackie Robinson when he broke the color barrier.  Went on the road to every game with him and Rachel.  Nothing compared to how he was treated in Boston.

He should have known his place
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4205 on: September 19, 2024, 11:01:18 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker_trade

People forget how bone headed this trade was.

I haven’t forgotten at all. I was living and working in the Twin Cities then.

The funny thing is that Walker had an amazing debut with the Vikings … and many pundits said at the time that it was the Vikings who had ripped off the Cowboys - as in Minnesota got the missing piece to its Super Bowl puzzle and gave up only low first-round draft picks and mediocre players.

But then Jimmy Johnson did a great job parlaying the picks and players into some great draft choices … and Walker pretty quickly was exposed as a big guy who could only run straight ahead and needed gaping holes to gain yardage.

The Vikings never got close to a Super Bowl with Walker, and the trade eventually helped Jimmy build a 3-time champion.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #4206 on: September 19, 2024, 11:36:23 AM »
CJ v Caleb, the next great rivalry? No love lost between the two, let's hope Caleb's game makes him, and a rivalry, relevant.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4207 on: September 19, 2024, 11:38:39 AM »
CJ v Caleb, the next great rivalry? No love lost between the two, let's hope Caleb's game makes him, and a rivalry, relevant.

Teams that never play each other, no geographical rivalry, players that haven't won anything yet.

Yeah, no.  Love vs. Williams would be the rivalry if there is going to be one between Caleb and another young QB.

Oh, and it was a big, total, complete nothing burger.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #4208 on: September 19, 2024, 11:46:32 AM »
Teams that never play each other, no geographical rivalry, players that haven't won anything yet.

Yeah, no.  Love vs. Williams would be the rivalry if there is going to be one between Caleb and another young QB.

Oh, and it was a big, total, complete nothing burger.
In the world of the NFL, I disagree it was a nothing burger. I know CJ tried to walk it back, but there is something there. Nothing big, but not nothing.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #4209 on: September 19, 2024, 11:51:41 AM »

Weird. I went to the Hail Mary game and it was a great experience. The fans were great and even out and about they were happy people were enjoying the city.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #4210 on: September 19, 2024, 05:11:58 PM »
In the world of the NFL, I disagree it was a nothing burger. I know CJ tried to walk it back, but there is something there. Nothing big, but not nothing.

Yeah there’s nothing. He gave him some advice and Williams was in a bad mood and not visually receptive.

I would be too if I had just been piledrived into the turf like that

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #4211 on: September 19, 2024, 10:00:59 PM »
For a team that has had season ending injuries to two of their most important players the last two years, bold strategy for the Jets to have the starters up 21 and pounding it with Hall and still having Rodgers drop back as well
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #4212 on: Today at 11:34:51 AM »
I've been to one game at the silverdome and three at ford field. All against the Packers. Three of those games were great experiences with the Lions fans. One of them was definitely the worst experience I've had.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #4213 on: Today at 11:45:04 AM »
I've been to one game at the silverdome and three at ford field. All against the Packers. Three of those games were great experiences with the Lions fans. One of them was definitely the worst experience I've had.

Probably sat by Tower
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4214 on: Today at 11:54:30 AM »
I was very close with Jackie Robinson when he broke the color barrier.  Went on the road to every game with him and Rachel.

Until you backstabbed Jackie and tried to hit on Rachel. I’ll never forget it - Jackie was devastated.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4215 on: Today at 12:08:13 PM »
Probably sat by Tower
I have never been to an NFL game.  So, doubtful.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback