[Today at 06:56:03 AM]

Tyler's Point Total by 1SE
[October 22, 2024, 11:27:54 PM]

2024-25 Big East TV Guide by We R Final Four
[October 22, 2024, 08:27:42 PM]

[Cracked Sidewalks] Marquette Preview by Shooter McGavin
[October 22, 2024, 07:09:33 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Animal Attacks  (Read 31505 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Animal Attacks
« Reply #300 on: July 29, 2024, 09:54:26 PM »
Ha. Now I need him to watch.

I would pay to watch Muggsy live tweet those episodes.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Pakuni

• All American
« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 03:36:16 PM by Pakuni »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #302 on: August 16, 2024, 10:47:01 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/16/world/asia/japan-dolphin-attacks.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

"At the beaches along an idyllic coastal stretch of central Japan, lifeguards scan the water, poised to call swimmers back to shore at the hint of a fin. Sharp teeth bare from posters warning beachgoers to be careful because, for the third year running, there is danger in the water.

No, it’s not sharks. It’s dolphins. Possibly just a single lonely, sexually frustrated dolphin.

In Wakasa Bay, about 200 miles west of Tokyo, dolphin attacks have injured at least 47 people since 2022. Many of them suffered minor bites on their hands, but a few were rushed to hospitals with broken bones or wounds that needed stitches."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #303 on: August 16, 2024, 01:44:56 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/16/world/asia/japan-dolphin-attacks.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

"At the beaches along an idyllic coastal stretch of central Japan, lifeguards scan the water, poised to call swimmers back to shore at the hint of a fin. Sharp teeth bare from posters warning beachgoers to be careful because, for the third year running, there is danger in the water.

No, it’s not sharks. It’s dolphins. Possibly just a single lonely, sexually frustrated dolphin.

In Wakasa Bay, about 200 miles west of Tokyo, dolphin attacks have injured at least 47 people since 2022. Many of them suffered minor bites on their hands, but a few were rushed to hospitals with broken bones or wounds that needed stitches."

Directly north of the South side of Japan where they still do a large annual dolphin slaughter...coincidence?  I think not.  We know dolphins are vindictive

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #304 on: August 16, 2024, 02:00:55 PM »
Directly north of the South side of Japan where they still do a large annual dolphin slaughter...coincidence?  I think not.  We know dolphins are vindictive

And they blame fishermen for getting caught in tuna nets when it's obvious they are just not watching where they are swimming.

Have some patience, FFS.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #305 on: August 21, 2024, 10:40:07 AM »
“It was a Great Day until it wasn’t”
    ——Rory McIlroy on Final Round at Pinehurst

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #306 on: August 21, 2024, 12:21:02 PM »
Not sure what this gal was expecting

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/nj-tiger-bridgeton-cohanzick-zoo-woman-wanted.amp

When I saw a tiger relatively close up -- maybe 6-10 feet -- I was absolutely astonished how damn big it was.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #307 on: August 21, 2024, 03:13:13 PM »
Not sure what this gal was expecting

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/nj-tiger-bridgeton-cohanzick-zoo-woman-wanted.amp

If she had been bitten, I'm not sure her medical insurance would cover the hospital bill. Her policy might not cover acts of gross stupidity. If she goes to Yellowstone and has a chance to approach a bison, she'll almost certainly try to get a close-up selfie with her furry friend.   
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #308 on: August 21, 2024, 09:36:57 PM »
When I saw a tiger relatively close up -- maybe 6-10 feet -- I was absolutely astonished how damn big it was.

People don't fully process how enormous they are.  Males are regularly around 500 lbs.  The biggest dogs you find (English Mastiffs, Great Danes, etc..) rarely are topping 200 lbs.  Its truly a massive animal.  I'm always most astounded by the size of their paws.

As always when it comes to wild animals, most people are absolute idiots

tower912

• All American
« Reply #309 on: August 22, 2024, 05:23:32 AM »
Wherever Muggsy is, I hope he is finding peace and calm.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #310 on: August 22, 2024, 10:03:07 AM »
People don't fully process how enormous they are.  Males are regularly around 500 lbs.  The biggest dogs you find (English Mastiffs, Great Danes, etc..) rarely are topping 200 lbs.  Its truly a massive animal.  I'm always most astounded by the size of their paws.

As always when it comes to wild animals, most people are absolute idiots

This applies to smaller wild animals as well. As very likable as my BIL Rich is, he has a history of umm...not being very bright around wild animals. My sister has repeatedly told him to leave the animals alone over the years. One day Rich is taking his morning walk with his favorite coffee mug in hand and wearing brand new slacks. He sees a Canadian Goose (most likely guarding a nearby nest) and mimics it's sound. The goose is immediately aloft and dive bombs Rich repeatedly. He tries to run away but stumbles and falls. The goose continues it's attack before finally letting him go.

He arrives home and, foolishly expecting sympathy, tells my sister about the ass-kicking the goose gave him and that he broke his favorite mug and tore his new slacks. Of course, she is not sympathetic and repeats her warning to leave the animals alone.

This past winter, quite a few Canadian Geese landed in their back yard one day. She took a photo on her phone and sent it to me with the message " Look who's here, waiting for Rich to come out and play."
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #311 on: August 26, 2024, 09:32:38 AM »
Wherever Muggsy is, I hope he is finding peace and calm.

Ty, Tower.  I had a tremendous vacation in Nova Scotia and PEI. 

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #312 on: August 26, 2024, 10:33:30 AM »
Ty, Tower.  I had a tremendous vacation in Nova Scotia and PEI.

I love Atlantic Canada. 
Glad to hear!

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #313 on: August 26, 2024, 07:07:07 PM »
Apparently Missouri "officials" fat shamed and disparaged a bald eagle.  The "you're not hurt but fat" narrative is nonsense. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #314 on: August 26, 2024, 07:44:08 PM »
Apparently Missouri "officials" fat shamed and disparaged a bald eagle.  The "you're not hurt but fat" narrative is nonsense.

Well they ain't wrong, those things are fat and stupid
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #315 on: August 26, 2024, 08:25:20 PM »
Well they ain't wrong, those things are fat and stupid

Stop attacking the winged and avian creatures community.  They are neither fat or stupid. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #316 on: August 26, 2024, 08:43:32 PM »

It literally ate too much to be able to fly. They thought it was hurt, but when it digested the raccoon it ate it was completely fine and didn’t need rehabilitation. What’s the issue here?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #317 on: August 26, 2024, 08:50:06 PM »
Stop attacking the winged and avian creatures community.  They are neither fat or stupid.

Then why are they too stupid to fight their own battles?

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #318 on: August 27, 2024, 08:08:05 AM »
Then why are they too stupid to fight their own battles?

When you fish and they take hook, line and sinker, you eventually reach your daily limit and risk being caught by game warden. In Scoopdom, there are no limits.  ;D

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #319 on: August 27, 2024, 09:39:28 AM »

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #320 on: August 27, 2024, 05:28:04 PM »
This is the last part of an article about another sailboat attacked by orcas. It will probably be waived off as just the opinion of someone who simply does not understand that the orcas off the Iberian Peninsula are definitely sending us a message, but......

Marine biologist Alex Zerbini, chair of the scientific committee at the International Whaling Commission (IWC), told the Washington Post that there is “nothing in the behaviour of the animals that suggests that they’re being aggressive”.

“As they play with the rudder, they don’t understand that they can damage the rudder and that damaging the rudder will affect human beings. It’s more playful than intentional,” he added.

Nice try, but obviously Zerbini is totally clueless.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #321 on: August 27, 2024, 06:50:45 PM »

Emperor Penguins deserve nothing but admiration and respect.  They are born portly to deal with the harshness of Antarctica.  Both moms and dads go through months of starvation to take care of their precious babies.  Now, I understand this one looks like it ate a couple of loaves of bread and some milkshakes, but we don't know all of the circumstances.  Anyone who mocks or ridicules an Emperor Penguin should be reprimanded harshly.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #322 on: August 27, 2024, 06:55:03 PM »
What about penguins stealing and kidnapping other eggs/chicks?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #323 on: August 27, 2024, 07:56:03 PM »
What about penguins stealing and kidnapping other eggs/chicks?

They live in a cutthroat world.  It's unfortunate for sure that egg swipes are tried constantly.   We're talking 30 sec situations when a Papa Emperor could lose his egg on the ice either from insane cold or poaching out of desperation.  They must protect these eggs until Mamma Emperor comes back. But it's very difficult and tragedies do occur Tower.  There is no such thing as a bad Emperor Penguin. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #324 on: August 27, 2024, 08:04:34 PM »
Emperor Penguins deserve nothing but admiration and respect.  They are born portly to deal with the harshness of Antarctica.  Both moms and dads go through months of starvation to take care of their precious babies.  Now, I understand this one looks like it ate a couple of loaves of bread and some milkshakes, but we don't know all of the circumstances.  Anyone who mocks or ridicules an Emperor Penguin should be reprimanded harshly.

Explain

feedback