[October 22, 2024, 07:09:33 PM]

Recruiting as of 9/15/24 by We R Final Four
[October 22, 2024, 06:51:53 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Oldgym
[October 22, 2024, 05:29:19 PM]

Marquette Retiring Jim Chones Jersey by Nukem2
[October 22, 2024, 04:06:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Animal Attacks  (Read 31503 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: Animal Attacks
« Reply #250 on: July 22, 2024, 03:32:05 PM »
Last year I spotted a black bear going after one of my fly traps.  I ran out on the deck (above him) and said "no".  He ignored, so I shouted "NO!".  He sheepishly got back on all 4s and sulked away.  Soft indeed.
You should have yelled "PLAY HARDER"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #251 on: July 22, 2024, 04:02:23 PM »
Last year I spotted a black bear going after one of my fly traps.  I ran out on the deck (above him) and said "no".  He ignored, so I shouted "NO!".  He sheepishly got back on all 4s and sulked away.  Soft indeed.

Every Packer fan has known this for awhile.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
“It was a Great Day until it wasn’t”
    ——Rory McIlroy on Final Round at Pinehurst

tower912

• All American
« Reply #253 on: July 24, 2024, 07:44:37 AM »
Love the Dayton sweatshirt.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #254 on: July 24, 2024, 08:21:29 AM »
“It was a Great Day until it wasn’t”
    ——Rory McIlroy on Final Round at Pinehurst

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #256 on: July 24, 2024, 09:18:13 AM »

Big dumb menace to the ocean and humans

It was an unfortunate incident and an accident.  It's extremely uncommon for a 🐋 to breach and end the life/functionality of a boat. What we do know is they are extremely intelligent and vital members of the animal kingdom.  Stop disparaging our tremendous marine mammals and the whale populations at large. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #257 on: July 24, 2024, 09:26:04 AM »
It was an unfortunate incident and an accident.  It's extremely uncommon for a 🐋 to breach and end the life/functionality of a boat. What we do know is they are extremely intelligent and vital members of the animal kingdom.  Stop disparaging our tremendous marine mammals and the whale populations at large.

Doesn’t seem smart if it can’t see a boat above it while it’s moving to breach. Terrible depth perception at best, likely just dumb.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #258 on: July 24, 2024, 09:46:35 AM »
Was aiming for the dude in the Dayton sweatshirt and missed.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #259 on: July 24, 2024, 10:47:26 AM »
Was aiming for the dude in the Dayton sweatshirt and missed.

Damn! Almost got him.

Maybe Marquette fans should put some $ together and invite UW and ND fans on an all-expenses-paid whale watching trip just for them off the NH coast.

Edit: Since Muggsy loves whales so much, he could go on the trip as a docent.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 10:52:53 AM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #260 on: July 24, 2024, 01:44:48 PM »
You should have yelled "PLAY HARDER"

LOL

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #261 on: July 24, 2024, 03:12:54 PM »
LOL
I yell that alot at the neighborhood kids. I also yell "HANDS" in my kithcen daily. Nobody gets either of these jokes. My kids are thinking its early onset dementia.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #262 on: July 24, 2024, 05:19:38 PM »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #263 on: July 24, 2024, 06:22:00 PM »
I yell that alot at the neighborhood kids. I also yell "HANDS" in my kithcen daily. Nobody gets either of these jokes. My kids are thinking its early onset dementia.

Are you sure you live in a neighborhood with kids... Or even have your own kids?  Is it really "early onset" or just continuing?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #264 on: July 24, 2024, 06:25:45 PM »
Stupid bear kills another stupid bear while playing.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/play-fighting-death-calgary-zoo-polar-bear-1.7272504

Zoo officials may not know what actually happened but yes, Polar Bears can be unaware at times of their physical strength.  Calling them stupid is totally uncalled for.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #265 on: July 24, 2024, 06:30:28 PM »
Doesn’t seem smart if it can’t see a boat above it while it’s moving to breach. Terrible depth perception at best, likely just dumb.

This is an unfair characterization.  It's highly, highly, unusual for a Humpback 🐋 to breach on a boat.  It may have been in the midst of feeding and became unaware of its surroundings.  Or it may be a blind 🐋, we simply do not know.  My guess is, it was a similar situation to when a Newfoundland or St.Bernard takes out a couch accidentally.  Whales should not be ridiculed for their size and power.  It was unfortunate but besmirchimg them is flat out wrong and unacceptable. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #266 on: July 24, 2024, 06:33:32 PM »
This is an unfair characterization.  It's highly, highly, unusual for a Humpback 🐋 to breach on a boat.  It may have been in the midst of feeding and became unaware of its surroundings.  Or it may be a blind 🐋, we simply do not know.  My guess is, it was a similar situation to when a Newfoundland or St.Bernard takes out a couch accidentally.  Whales should not be ridiculed for their size and power.  It was unfortunate but besmirchimg them is flat out wrong and unacceptable.

Whales and polar bears are 💯 idiots
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #267 on: July 24, 2024, 07:00:28 PM »
Whales and polar bears are 💯 idiots

You've provided an example in one sentence of the hubris and disintegration of the human race.  And keep in mind what a humpback whale could do to boats (with passengers) if he/she was vindictive.  They're among the kindest members of the entire animal kingdom.  If they had my personality, and held grudges, we would see an elimination of a myriad of vessels.  The fact that they don't do that further illustrates their great intelligence and caring hearts. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #268 on: July 24, 2024, 07:06:42 PM »
::)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #269 on: July 24, 2024, 07:45:57 PM »
You've provided an example in one sentence of the hubris and disintegration of the human race.  And keep in mind what a humpback whale could do to boats (with passengers) if he/she was vindictive.  They're among the kindest members of the entire animal kingdom.  If they had my personality, and held grudges, we would see an elimination of a myriad of vessels.  The fact that they don't do that further illustrates their great intelligence and caring hearts.

No, they’re just idiots
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #270 on: July 24, 2024, 08:47:27 PM »
Are you sure you live in a neighborhood with kids... Or even have your own kids?  Is it really "early onset" or just continuing?
One moment I think I am lucid, the next moment I see this:

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #271 on: July 24, 2024, 08:49:40 PM »

So to defend a couple of moronic whales, you've basically said your temperament makes you want to commit terroristic destruction on humans. Think we gotta have ole mugs look in the mirror at this disintegration of the human race.

Also, the excuses you are using for the dumb beasts are the same ones you used the last 3 times they smashed into ships like bozos
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #272 on: July 24, 2024, 09:57:27 PM »
One moment I think I am lucid, the next moment I see this:

Definitely scoopsenseless...

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #273 on: July 25, 2024, 08:12:33 AM »
Muggsy, honest question: do you have a condition that makes you incapable of recognizing sarcasm or when people are yanking your chain. "Mind your own business" would be a perfectly appropriate answer to an inappropriate question.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #274 on: July 25, 2024, 08:21:54 AM »
Muggsy, honest question: do you have a condition that makes you incapable of recognizing sarcasm or when people are yanking your chain. "Mind your own business" would be a perfectly appropriate answer to an inappropriate question.

No.  I know what's going on.  I think it brings more attention to our tremendous 🐋 🐋 and prime-time members of the animal kingdom.  It's just a repeated reminder they should not be mocked or disparaged.

feedback