[Today at 06:08:01 PM]

[Cracked Sidewalks] Dayton Preview by tower912
[Today at 04:52:28 PM]

Starting line ups/rotations 24-25 by tower912
[Today at 03:11:39 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:43:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette To Win Big East Tourney  (Read 5434 times)

bradforster

• All American
Marquette To Win Big East Tourney
« on: March 08, 2022, 11:47:48 PM »
At least one prognosticator believes the guys can do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-b-HFt-FYQ

Daniel

• All American
Re: Marquette To Win Big East Tourney
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 12:00:53 AM »
Here’s hoping he’s right! Go Marquette!  Let’s beat Creighton…..!

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 08:30:57 AM »
Pretty bold take for a squad that can’t even beat its first round opponent this season, aina?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 09:12:20 AM »
Pretty bold take for a squad that can’t even beat its first round opponent this season, aina?

He knows it’s impossible to beat a team 3 times. That’s why it was important for us to lose the second game to Providence.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 09:17:12 AM »
He knows it’s impossible to beat a team 3 times. That’s why it was important for us to lose the second game to Providence.

And be swept by UConn, in case they come out of the other side of the bracket.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2022, 10:07:20 AM »
Normally the feeling of confidence is a good thing, but the last 8 years have trained me to panic when I get confident.

I actually think MU has a real chance to win this Tournament.
VIOLENCE!

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 10:27:15 AM »
The Creighton game has me a bit nervous because they have a knack for pulling shots out of their ass against us when needed.  If we get by them, I think we’re in the championship game.

mu_eyeballs

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2022, 11:30:33 AM »
Except when we pull some crazy shots out of our A$$...

https://youtu.be/sk9_IA5-rD8

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2022, 11:34:10 AM »
The Creighton game has me a bit nervous because they have a knack for pulling shots out of their ass against us when needed.  If we get by them, I think we’re in the championship game.

It always seems that every poor shooter from beyond the arc becomes a 3pt maven against us. Its like there is a vacuum that just sucks the ball through the basket no matter how ridiculous the shot.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2022, 11:59:10 AM »
Not Important.

Get 1 win, then it doesn't matter.

What matters is the big dance.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2022, 12:56:11 PM »
Not Important.

Get 1 win, then it doesn't matter.

What matters is the big dance.

I don't know that I'd say "Not Important," but like you I care a lot more about the NCAAT than the BET. I'd 100% trade a BET title for a Sweet 16 appearance.

But there's no law that says we can't have both, and they keep score, so we might as well win the deal!

We Are Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2022, 01:02:00 PM »
Looeyville and Pitt are the only non East Coast teams to ever win it.  For those of you who have been to the BET you know this... once a non East Coast team starts to do well in a game versus an East Coast team,  in turns into a home game for the East Coast team.

I just don't think Marquette is good enough to win 2 away games in the BET to win it.  Really hope I am wrong though.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2022, 01:05:05 PM »
Let's beat Creighton.  Then worry about the next game.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2022, 01:06:22 PM »
Let's beat Creighton.  Then worry about the next game.

Pssst ... fans can "look past" games without affecting any results. Keep it low!

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2022, 01:10:55 PM »
Except when we pull some crazy shots out of our A$$...

https://youtu.be/sk9_IA5-rD8

Just to se the record straight. This was not crazy.  It was an incredibly well-designed Wojo play that had Joe Chartouney on the floor as a shooter/decoy with Markus Howard inbounding the ball to Sam Hauser.

OR...so said the Projos at the time and oddly, recently reiterated.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2022, 01:15:23 PM »
I don't know that I'd say "Not Important," but like you I care a lot more about the NCAAT than the BET. I'd 100% trade a BET title for a Sweet 16 appearance.

But there's no law that says we can't have both, and they keep score, so we might as well win the deal!

We Are Marquette!

I used to not care about NCAA Tournaments when we were a lock. I completely changed my tune after watching UConn rip through the BET and then win it all with Kemba.

Now I'm all in on the BET. There's no guarantee what happens in March so might as well add a Championship to the Trophy Case.  Big East Champs in Shaka year 1 sounds AWESOME.
VIOLENCE!

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2022, 01:16:40 PM »

A moderator on another site is dug in so deep on the opinion that it’s hard to beat a team 3 times in a season that he is saying that MU will have more motivation to win tomorrow than Creighton will because CU has beaten MU twice. Never mind that CU might need a win to get in the NCAA and/or might be motivated to win a championship.

When I suggested that he should have his reporter at the BET ask Mc Dermott if he will have trouble motivating his players because they have already beaten MU twice he deleted the post. I think even he realizes  how absurd his position is, but it’s easier to censor than to concede.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2022, 01:21:37 PM »
Just to se the record straight. This was not crazy.  It was an incredibly well-designed Wojo play that had Joe Chartouney on the floor as a shooter/decoy with Markus Howard inbounding the ball to Sam Hauser.

It was also an incredibly stupid play by Creighton that gave MU the opportunity to make that play. If you recall, CU had the ball under the basket with 1 second left and threw the ball out of bounds untouched.

All they had to do was throw the ball to anyone (including an MU player) within the 3 point arc and there would have been no way to pass the ball out in time to get a shot off.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2022, 01:25:31 PM »

You love Wojo. It’s weird.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2022, 01:29:55 PM »

Would've been a great call to get your 5'10" guard the ball with no time to do anything but catch and shoot, while needing a 3 pointer.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2022, 02:37:43 PM »
Would've been a great call to get your 5'10" guard the ball with no time to do anything but catch and shoot, while needing a 3 pointer.

Come on, man. It doesn't matter to Ners that the team's assist leader made a perfect pass to set up one of the most successful last-second plays in Marquette history.

Also, take his word for it that Awesome Dawson was better than Andrew Rowsey, and that Tyler Kolek is better than Markus, AR or Dom were.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2022, 02:51:27 PM »
Looeyville and Pitt are the only non East Coast teams to ever win it.  For those of you who have been to the BET you know this... once a non East Coast team starts to do well in a game versus an East Coast team,  in turns into a home game for the East Coast team.

I just don't think Marquette is good enough to win 2 away games in the BET to win it.  Really hope I am wrong though.

Good news, Creighton won't matter, and pretty much everyone hates Providence, so we should have rooting interest until the Final. Guess we have to pull for DePaul to come out of the other half of the bracket, though.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2022, 03:00:53 PM »
I’m not nearly as worried about how the East coast fans root as I am about how MU plays.

And anyhow, I have always believed home court advantage is more about familiarity and sightlines than fan noise. In that regard, it’s a neutral court game unless we play St. John’s. And if we play them, it will be on Saturday night, so I would take my chances
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 03:02:38 PM by GooooMarquette »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2022, 03:20:01 PM »
I’m not nearly as worried about how the East coast fans root as I am about how MU plays.

And anyhow, I have always believed home court advantage is more about familiarity and sightlines than fan noise. In that regard, it’s a neutral court game unless we play St. John’s. And if we play them, it will be on Saturday night, so I would take my chances

It's kind of amazing just how bad St. John's has been at the BET considering it's always at MSG. Since winning it in 2000, they are 8-16 in the Big East Tournament, never winning more than one game and never advancing past the quarterfinals. I can't even imagine how we'd feel about a tournament like that played at the BC/FF every year for two decades.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2022, 03:24:52 PM »
I'm just glad we avoid UConn until Saturday.  After a decade away, Huskies fans are going to absolutely pack MSG

feedback