[Today at 06:44:09 PM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 03:08:45 PM]

Oso Article by Herman Cain
[Today at 10:31:08 AM]

More conference realignment talk by WhiteTrash
[June 21, 2024, 09:02:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Shaka Smart Presser 2pm: LINK  (Read 34456 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Shaka Smart Presser 2pm: LINK
« Reply #175 on: March 29, 2021, 08:16:44 PM »
  Boilerplate.  More enjoyable boilerplate, as he definitely has a more relaxed, outgoing, positive energy personality than Wojo.    But in the end, it was family, culture, defense.   I hope it works.   I choose optimism.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #176 on: March 29, 2021, 08:33:26 PM »
Agreed.  That earlier conversation about Lovell not understanding the importance of basketball at Marquette couldn't be more off-base.

Marquette went all-in on Shaka.  Supposedly Lovell took the recommendation of the Athletic Department over that of the Trustees.  If he is wrong, it may well cost him his job.

The Trustees should stick to what they do best.  I'm not sure I know what that is.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #177 on: March 29, 2021, 08:39:17 PM »
  Boilerplate.  More enjoyable boilerplate, as he definitely has a more relaxed, outgoing, positive energy personality than Wojo.    But in the end, it was family, culture, defense.   I hope it works.   I choose optimism.
😂😂😂😂😂😂

NOPE! Surprised you can’t identify true boilerplate after witnessing it for 7 excruciating years. Some will never learn.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #178 on: March 29, 2021, 08:44:11 PM »
😂😂😂😂😂😂

NOPE! Surprised you can’t identify true boilerplate after witnessing it for 7 excruciating years. Some will never learn.
So you're not upset he didn't mention the top 10 talent?

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #179 on: March 29, 2021, 08:45:53 PM »
Agreed.  That earlier conversation about Lovell not understanding the importance of basketball at Marquette couldn't be more off-base.

Marquette went all-in on Shaka.  Supposedly Lovell took the recommendation of the Athletic Department over that of the Trustees.  If he is wrong, it may well cost him his job.

And who did the BOT want?? One would hope Lovell  would listen to the AD. My guess is BOT would do the same.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #180 on: March 29, 2021, 08:47:08 PM »
So you're not upset he didn't mention the top 10 talent?
Give it a rest, you aren't funny just a dick.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #181 on: March 29, 2021, 08:50:44 PM »
😂😂😂😂😂😂

Oh you’re so adorable.

That presser is pretty much how every coach’s opening presser goes. Say nice things about the school, his bosses and get the fans to clap a couple times. I really am looking forward to see how this goes but everyone’s going to forget this once the ball is tipped.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #182 on: March 29, 2021, 08:51:17 PM »

Thank God, finally someone to tell us what's actually funny around here.

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #183 on: March 29, 2021, 08:52:17 PM »
i beg to differ, I'm quite funny and sometimes a dick. $5 is never funny and always a pompous ass who has to prove he's right by keeping score.

Edit: did I mistake $5 for for the "top 10" quote when it was you? Is that why you're so vested in this? If so, I apologize to $5 for attributing that quote to him (but stick with the pompous ass declaration) and find it infinitely more humorous that you're offended that I keep calling it out.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 08:59:47 PM by naginiF »

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #184 on: March 29, 2021, 08:53:02 PM »
Thank God, finally someone to tell us what's actually funny around here.
Glad to be of service

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #185 on: March 29, 2021, 08:55:22 PM »
i beg to differ, I'm quite funny and sometimes a dick. $5 is never funny and always a pompous ass who has to prove he's right by keeping score.
I'll give you that you are sometimes funny and usually a dick. Thats the best you get.

Btw let's hear your prediction of how the team will do next year.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #186 on: March 29, 2021, 08:59:40 PM »
To be fair. If there wasn’t so much pompous assery that turned out to be dead wrong around here, it wouldn’t be so satisfying to keep score.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #187 on: March 29, 2021, 09:00:09 PM »
😂😂😂😂😂😂

Wojo was pure boilerplate.   I talked many times about his coach speak and lamented  the lack of poetry, a la Buzz.  But you be you.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2021, 09:00:43 PM »
Not to mention he is stealing my material.

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #189 on: March 29, 2021, 09:01:13 PM »
To be fair. If there wasn’t so much pompous assery that turned out to be dead wrong around here, it wouldn’t be so satisfying to keep score.
*tip o' the cap*

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2021, 09:03:40 PM »
Wojo was pure boilerplate.   I talked many times about his coach speak and lamented  the lack of poetry, a la Buzz.  But you be you.
When you say “boilerplate but more interesting, more personality, more outgoing, and more relaxed” it’s not boilerplate anymore. That’s like saying “a pizza but instead of sauce and cheese it’s a burger patty in a bun”.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2021, 09:03:54 PM »

Are you finally off the projo train? It hit its last stop.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2021, 09:06:29 PM »
I always considered myself a meh-Jo.  Consistently gave him a C grade.   But the label was fun and gave me many belly laughs.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2021, 09:13:41 PM »
I always considered myself a meh-Jo.  Consistently gave him a C grade.   But the label was fun and gave me many belly laughs.

Personally, I'm a So-Smart.  The other option is a No-Smart.  Hope he can get lots of wins.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2021, 09:17:55 PM »
I just watched the presser and job well done. He is correct, this MU is a basketball school, it has a storied history, it has great players from multiple era’s and the goal should be winning at a high level.

I have followed MU basketball for a long time and do not buy into things easily and I am more excited about the program than I have been in many, many years. Shaka Smart is the right guy, at the right time and any one not on the train, jump aboard and enjoy the ride.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 09:19:35 PM by Goose »

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #195 on: March 29, 2021, 09:23:56 PM »
Personally, I'm a So-Smart.  The other option is a No-Smart.  Hope he can get lots of wins.

Sha-go, Sha-no

Time will tell what sticks

I'm Sha-go all the way! 

Now that I think of it Sha-go could "go" the other way :P

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2021, 09:45:36 PM »
I'll give you that you are sometimes funny and usually a dick. Thats the best you get.

Btw let's hear your prediction of how the team will do next year.
First off, I said 'sometimes' a dick not 'usually' but potato:potato. Wait till we do you.

As for next year, given what we know today, I'll go 5th in BE and bubble NCAA (play in or 10 seed). In forming the team there will be a couple "how did we lose ___", a couple "I can't believe we got ____", and more than a few "that's a solid addition", all of which will take time to gel with new teammates and coaches. This is where I land.

Knowing that during the next 6 months there will be 20 different "prediction" threads and each will be prompted by a signing, a de-commit, a coaching hire, etc. I reserve the right to adjust my prediction when more info is available.

The more pertinent question is 'what are your expectations for the program'? Here are mine

- NCAA most years with NIT on the off year: shows there is a quality product on the floor but gives room for young team/injuries/odd slump
- occasional deep run: allows for the 'crap shoot' aspect of the tourney (but whoo-boy if we get bounced the first game he's in the tourney with us this joint is gonna be LIT)
- top half of the BEast mixed with a heavy dose of top 3: we only have 3 conference championships in 30 years (1:15 in BE) so I think competing every year is a stretch
- 1 'magical' run every 8-10 years: FF or lose a heartbreaker in E8
- clean program: listed last because it is a given

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #197 on: March 29, 2021, 09:53:54 PM »

So good! If you weren't already ruling with an iron fist, I would nominate you in the upcoming moderator elections.

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #198 on: March 29, 2021, 09:55:53 PM »
Here's more from a separate virtual presser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50fL_xD8paU

I’m not sure if it’s a common thing that coaches do, but the part where he talks about having his players get up and assign minutes on the white board is great. I really like that.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2021, 10:50:10 PM »

Edit: did I mistake $5 for for the "top 10" quote when it was you? Is that why you're so vested in this? If so, I apologize to $5 for attributing that quote to him (but stick with the pompous ass declaration) and find it infinitely more humorous that you're offended that I keep calling it out.

Anyone who declares themselves “quite funny” likely isn’t that funny.  Funny people don’t need to advertise that they’re funny.

feedback