[Today at 04:27:23 PM]

High school kids by MUbiz
[Today at 04:25:04 PM]

my site phantom wallet login by rocky_warrior
[Today at 03:48:36 PM]

Shaka on Thanasis' podcast by Uncle Rico
[Today at 12:33:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dave Leitao  (Read 7952 times)

muguru

• All American
Dave Leitao
« on: March 11, 2020, 02:11:51 PM »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

panda

• All American
Re: Dave Leitao
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 02:20:09 PM »
Getting an extension  ;D

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1237815657271607299?s=20

Lol!

Also - It's a bad sign when our rivals start mocking us with Extend Wojo threats...

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 03:08:37 PM »
Get ready for the announcement of Wojo's extension coming out as soon as the season is over.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 04:50:51 PM »
Lol!

Also - It's a bad sign when our rivals start mocking us with Extend Wojo threats...
I think he’s a better coach than Wojo

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 04:51:54 PM »

You must be basing that on his stellar win/loss record.  Or is it based on all of his recent NCAA tournament wins?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 04:56:14 PM »
thought for sure this was gonna be bout the 'rona.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2020, 04:56:41 PM »

Yeah, they far outperformed expectations with that last place finish.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 05:01:26 PM »

I've never been a Wojo basher, but who can you name in the Big East that Wojo is better than?

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2020, 05:21:57 PM »
I've never been a Wojo basher, but who can you name in the Big East that Wojo is better than?
Honestly, I think Wojo is the worst coach in the Big East by a wide margin. I think Ewing is evolving the way some keep saying Wojo can and I think Leitao has improved the image of DePaul and is trending up. You can hardly say that about Wojo.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2020, 05:38:25 PM »
Honestly, I think Wojo is the worst coach in the Big East by a wide margin. I think Ewing is evolving the way some keep saying Wojo can and I think Leitao has improved the image of DePaul and is trending up. You can hardly say that about Wojo.

No chance. I'd even listen to arguments that Wojo was 9th (although I think that's also wrong). Leitao has been there 5 years and has never won more than 5 conference games. It's not close.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2020, 05:40:51 PM »

Yeah, they far outperformed expectations with that last place finish.
And their kicking of Wojos ass.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2020, 05:41:45 PM »
Maybe Leitao. That would be it.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2020, 04:54:41 AM »
Maybe Leitao. That would be it.
The fact that Leito can recruit anybody to DePaul, let alone a few pretty decent players, makes him a better recruiter than Wojo... because Leito has average facilities, limited to zero alumni support, no fan base, and hopeless administration at a university that is really a "love it or hate it" kind of location where at least 50% will hate it.
He's also a better game coach.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2020, 06:31:12 AM »
The fact that Leito can recruit anybody to DePaul, let alone a few pretty decent players, makes him a better recruiter than Wojo... because Leito has average facilities, limited to zero alumni support, no fan base, and hopeless administration at a university that is really a "love it or hate it" kind of location where at least 50% will hate it.

Exactly.  DePaul has committed minimal resources to their program.  If Wojo had a bare cupboard when he arrived, Leito didn't have a can opener.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2020, 07:52:29 AM »

The mere fact that DePaul is in Chicago and plays in the BE will get kids to DePaul. Maybe local guys who don't have the academics for NU or who want to play better competition than they would at Loyola. Yeah, the facilities, fan base and other support suck, but let's not act like playing in Chicago on a BE team isn't a draw for some kids. Hell, even Joey Meyer got big-name recruits there, and that was in the pre-BE days.

Sure, Leitao is a good X's and O's coach, but his recruiting is so-so at best for one of only two P6 programs in a city like Chicago.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2020, 08:17:22 AM »

The mere fact that DePaul is in Chicago and plays in the BE will get kids to DePaul. Maybe local guys who don't have the academics for NU or who want to play better competition than they would at Loyola. Yeah, the facilities, fan base and other support suck, but let's not act like playing in Chicago on a BE team isn't a draw for some kids. Hell, even Joey Meyer got big-name recruits there, and that was in the pre-BE days.

Sure, Leitao is a good X's and O's coach, but his recruiting is so-so at best for one of only two P6 programs in a city like Chicago.
By that measure St John’s and DePaul should be powerhouses.

Marquette is a superior program because of the resources and investment.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2020, 08:58:41 AM »

By that measure St John’s and DePaul should be powerhouses.

Agreed. They should be, but they aren't.

What does that tell you?

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2020, 09:11:15 AM »

This site has Coach Wojo fourth

https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/08/27/big-east-basketball-ranking-10-head-coaches-2019-20-season/

I would place him ahead of Letiao, Steele, Ewing.  Not far behind Willard.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2020, 09:11:47 AM »

DePaul trending up?  MU will go to the tournament for the third time in the last four years and you want our coach fired and Markus gone.  I know DePaul fans who would walk barefoot over glass for those results.

I have high expectations for MU as well but to compare Leito and Wojo and the states of their programs at this point is asinine.   

I do agree that Wojo X and Os wise is in the bottom half of our conference.  The Big East has really good coaches.  Hopefully he will continue to learn because his recruiting is very good. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2020, 09:18:10 AM »

DePaul trending up? 

Only in PRN's world.

DePaul 2018-19: 19-17 overall; 7-11 in BE (T - 8th)
DePaul 2019-20: 16-16 overall; 3-15 in BE (10th)

Friarfan86

• Walk-On
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2020, 08:22:45 PM »
Trying not to be rude, but Leitao is by far the worst coach in the conference. I would argue he had top 5 talent in the Big East this year. The fact that they are willing to consider giving him an extension is why they're in their current state.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2020, 08:54:14 PM »
Only in PRN's world.

DePaul 2018-19: 19-17 overall; 7-11 in BE (T - 8th)
DePaul 2019-20: 16-16 overall; 3-15 in BE (10th)
I personally believe DePaul had a better team this year than it had the year before. The trouble for DePaul was the Big East itself was much tougher.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2020, 01:49:52 PM »
Paul Reed might be the best Big East NBA prospect. Leitao couldn't build on a good start to the year with a blue chip and some really solid players.
We Are Marquette

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2020, 02:30:26 PM »
Paul Reed might be the best Big East NBA prospect. Leitao couldn't build on a good start to the year with a blue chip and some really solid players.

Would you have traded Markus Howard for Paul Reed?

If not, then substitute Wojo for Leitao above.

Considering the state of the DePaul program when Leitao took over, as compared to MU when Wojo took over - sad that in Year 6 it’s a coon flip game when we play DePaul.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2020, 02:41:06 PM »
sad that in Year 6 it’s a coon flip game when we play DePaul.

A coon flip game sounds either very fun or very problematic depending on which definition you're using
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback