[June 25, 2024, 08:39:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by MuMark
[June 25, 2024, 04:27:23 PM]

High school kids by MUbiz
[June 25, 2024, 04:25:04 PM]

my site phantom wallet login by rocky_warrior
[June 25, 2024, 03:48:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Pro-Jos V. No-Jos  (Read 35558 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Pro-Jos V. No-Jos
« Reply #175 on: January 07, 2020, 09:09:42 PM »
jesmu

Few pile on after a loss. More and more comment after a loss, but very little piling on. Wojo has 5+ years and has felt little heat.
Would add, simple way to avoid criticism, win the home games against bottom teams in the BE.

I disagree.

Look at threads created after a loss vs a win.

And look at who is posting when.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #176 on: January 07, 2020, 09:10:23 PM »
My thoughts on Woj haven't changed one iota in 5 years whether I post after every win or loss. Simply put, he's out of his league both in game and personnel management. Furthermore, highly doubtful he improves enough, in year 6 or year 60, to compete on this level.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #177 on: January 07, 2020, 09:11:04 PM »
JWags

It is one man offense and hoping someone else contributes. The GOAT has to score, or believes he needs to score, majority of the points. Cannot win on consistent basis having one guy score 50% of your points.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #178 on: January 07, 2020, 09:12:29 PM »
My thoughts on Woj haven't changed one iota in 5 years whether I post after every win or loss. Simply put, he's out of his league both in game and personnel management. Furthermore, highly doubtful he improves enough, in year 6 or year 60, to compete on this level.

I'm aware.

And kudos to your for sticking to your guns.

That's doesn't mean you and others aren't piling on after losses intentionally.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #179 on: January 07, 2020, 09:13:29 PM »
jesmu

Few pile on, some voice the same concern we have had for several years. As 4ever said, his feelings have not changed based off any win or loss and I am in same camp.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #180 on: January 07, 2020, 09:14:23 PM »
Fairly enough, but as you can see, there is an increase in restlessness amongst those on the fence.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #181 on: January 07, 2020, 09:15:25 PM »
jesmu

Few pile on, some voice the same concern we have had for several years. As 4ever said, his feelings have not changed based off any win or loss and I am in same camp.

But it isn't voiced after wins.

That's my point.

As an aside, it isn't necessarily you and 4ever. We get real clownshows like the Mike Deane boys who are absolutely piling on.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #182 on: January 07, 2020, 09:16:26 PM »
Fairly enough, but as you can see, there is an increase in restlessness amongst those on the fence.

No problem with that.

Who said I'm not one of them?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #183 on: January 07, 2020, 09:20:46 PM »
jesmu

Individual wins or losses mean nothing in the big picture. The program has made little progress, if any, under Wojo’s watch. I said a month ago that I was more interested in this year’s recruiting class over on court success this year. That was based off I expect us to struggle on court.
As for recruiting class, would be a very nice class if there were a slew of returning pieces. This class would be great if it was Year two of Wojo era, not going into year seven.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #184 on: January 07, 2020, 09:23:34 PM »
jesmu

For reference just see first post on towers post game thread.

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #185 on: January 07, 2020, 09:25:21 PM »
For reference just see first post on towers post game thread.
you rang?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #186 on: January 07, 2020, 09:32:08 PM »
jesmu

Individual wins or losses mean nothing in the big picture. The program has made little progress, if any, under Wojo’s watch. I said a month ago that I was more interested in this year’s recruiting class over on court success this year. That was based off I expect us to struggle on court.
As for recruiting class, would be a very nice class if there were a slew of returning pieces. This class would be great if it was Year two of Wojo era, not going into year seven.

Okay.

Then why do people pile on after losses? It absolutely happens.

IMO, the program has absolutely made progress from wojos first 2 years. Other than maybe recruiting, not sure if it has after that.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #187 on: January 07, 2020, 09:37:56 PM »
jesmu

Several guys jump on Wojo and probably same number that stroke him after a win. For me, I care about the big picture and that is a much improved program from current state.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #188 on: January 07, 2020, 09:41:59 PM »
jesmu

Several guys jump on Wojo and probably same number that stroke him after a win. For me, I care about the big picture and that is a much improved program from current state.

Okay. We clearly won't agree on what this site looks like after a win vs loss.

We will agree on wanting to the program to be better. I keep hoping for one more step forward. Disappointed it hasn't happened yet

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #189 on: January 07, 2020, 10:44:38 PM »
I'm aware.

And kudos to your for sticking to your guns.

That's doesn't mean you and others aren't piling on after losses intentionally.

When would you expect Wojo's critics to bring up their criticisms? Surely not after big wins. The posters who don't like Wojo tend to have reasons that helped them form that opinion. Usually those reasons are on display in losses.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #190 on: January 08, 2020, 12:25:03 AM »
jesmu

Not even close to accurate.

After a big win most if not all normal Jos are giving the lions share of the credit to individual players, and no one is praising Wojo and anointing him the next Al. Normal Jos even critique Wojo after a big win pointing to things he could improve upon.

After a big loss the extreme NoJos come out of the woodwork and give Wojo all of the blame and repeat their calls for his termination. They criticize everything Wojo does while never acknowledging the good things that happened in the game.

There is a difference.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 01:55:35 AM by WhoaJoe2020 »

connie

• All American
« Reply #191 on: January 08, 2020, 06:42:01 AM »
Maybe the easy answer is that those unhappy after a loss expect more wins, and so have little to say after a victory.  I don't see why this is unexpected. To me the whole Wojo thing is expectations.  It appears MU has decided a clean program with an above average team that pulls off a big win every one or two years but doesn't really make an impact if acceptable.  Why would anyone be surprised that a lot of fans are not, and complain on a message board after a loss they don't want to accept?
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Goose

• All American
« Reply #192 on: January 08, 2020, 07:22:32 AM »
WhoaJoe

You sound more like Chico’s with every post. At the least, you have as much free time as Chico’s to respond to every post.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #193 on: January 08, 2020, 08:03:16 AM »

After a big win most if not all normal Jos are giving the lions share of the credit to individual players, and no one is praising Wojo and anointing him the next Al. Normal Jos even critique Wojo after a big win pointing to things he could improve upon.

After a big loss the extreme NoJos come out of the woodwork and give Wojo all of the blame and repeat their calls for his termination. They criticize everything Wojo does while never acknowledging the good things that happened in the game.

There is a difference.

Who cares what this board looks like after a win or loss?  It’s an anonymous internet message board.  What’s said on here has no impact on the narrative of Marquette basketball.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #194 on: January 08, 2020, 08:36:30 AM »
Who cares what this board looks like after a win or loss?  It’s an anonymous internet message board.  What’s said on here has no impact on the narrative of Marquette basketball.

You mean we're all wasting our lives responding to the 13 different usernames of Ners and Chicos?

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #195 on: January 08, 2020, 08:46:58 AM »

There is a difference.

I don't think I've seen anyone calling for him to be fired after last night, despite that being the easiest game in the conference schedule.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #196 on: January 08, 2020, 07:50:41 PM »
You do realize you just outed yourself right????

Quote: " My thoughts on Wojo haven't changed one iota in five years ".    Think about what you just said.

So your thoughts didn't change one iota when he went from a 13-19 season in year one, to a 20-13 record in year two, to a NCAA appearance and third place finish in the BEast in year three, to another winning season and an NIT in year four, to his best season to date and a decent seed in the tournament in year five?????

Is it just possible that you have a predetermined bias against Wojo?

Don't bother answering that last question. You already have.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 07:53:51 PM by WhoaJoe2020 »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #197 on: January 08, 2020, 07:54:50 PM »

Quote: " My thoughts on Wojo haven't changed one iota in five years ".    Think about what you just said.

So your thoughts didn't change one iota when he went from a 13-19 season in year one, to a 20-13 record in year two, to a NCAA appearance and third place finish in the BEast in year three, to another winning season and an NIT in year four, to his best season to date and a decent seed in the tournament in year five?????

Ahh...no. That’s not what that implies at all.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #198 on: January 08, 2020, 08:09:26 PM »

Dear lord man, get a GD life. Honestly. This incessant crap is major board pollution

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #199 on: January 08, 2020, 10:33:21 PM »
WhoaJoe

You sound more like Chico’s with every post. At the least, you have as much free time as Chico’s to respond to every post.

Not me Goose....I even sent the guy a PM a few days ago asking who he is, no response yet.  I’m guessing someone yanking all your chains.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire