[Today at 02:56:18 PM]

my site phantom wallet login by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:59:17 PM]

Media Rights Update by WhiteTrash
[Today at 12:32:13 PM]

Marquette Challenge announced by GoFastAndWin
[June 25, 2024, 10:25:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Who Do You Blame for the Loss?

Wojo
Refs
Markus's Wrist
Player(s) - Execution was terrible
Selection Committee - MU was overseeded
Brent Williams - Empty cupboard
Nobody - Ja Morant is a lottery pick

Author Topic: Who Do You Blame for the Murray State Loss?  (Read 16325 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Who Do You Blame for the Murray State Loss?
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2019, 10:31:38 PM »
The doubling of Cowart I didn't mind. He's a load in the post and is prone to turning it over. Other than offensive boards in the second half, I thought we did well on him.....

Of course if that's the best thing you can say about a game that's a huge problem. I agree with the aggressive double team on Ja. Didn't make sense to me. I get that they wanted to make everyone else beat us but why go away from a defense that has worked all season? Joey wasn't nearly quick enough to double and then try to get back to his man.

It was pretty much the opposite philosophy of that employed against the Badgers where MU's game plan was to shut everyone other than their star down.  Didn't make a lick of sense.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2019, 12:53:20 PM »
30% Coaching Gameplan
20% Lack of Adjustments
20% Team Execution
100% eFG% disparity

And as one final middle finger, Murray State shot 77% eFG% against MU.
WHO SAYS GOD HAS NO SENSE OF HUMOR??!?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 12:54:59 PM by barfolomew »
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2019, 01:52:36 PM »
Seemed clear from the beginning this team wasn't ready for Murray State. That's on Wojo.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2019, 04:54:30 PM »

Ja and lets see how FL State handles him with their Bigger and more athletic players than MU?
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2019, 05:08:54 PM »

Ja Morant, his Dad said he's better than Zion.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2019, 05:39:15 PM »
Draymond Green, 2012. He had one in 2011 as well. Cole Aldrich had one in 2009 with 10 blocks, so yes, you can.

"G" is for guard, Cheeks. Green and Aldrich are not guards. So, no, you can't.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2019, 05:50:09 PM »
Thank you Lenny. Glad someone understood that.

Pretty lopsided poll. How many people voted “crapshoot”?
No Finish Line

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2019, 06:09:37 PM »
I don't know which is a greater indictment of Wojo's ineptitude, his inability to construct a complete roster or his ineffective game planning and in-game adjustments. In any metric of measurement, he's fails miserably and is simply out if his league
I would add to this his consistent pattern of demotivating his team . CBS caught him excoriating the kids to play Angry as his face was turning red and angry. The kids just tuned him out.

In addition he has developed a unique specialty in building kids up and then throwing them under the bus. Does wonders for the team spirit.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2019, 07:39:30 PM »
"G" is for guard, Cheeks. Green and Aldrich are not guards. So, no, you can't.

LOL.  I'll be dead from a plane crash and these other guys will still post and I'll smile my ass off at your lunacy.  All I ask is that when you are exposed and proven wrong that it isn't me, please man up and make a $1000.00 donation (you can afford it) for the Juvenile Diabetes fund to help people with Type 1 insulin dependent diabetes.  I'll be dead, so it is on your honor code to do this. 

Meanwhile, I'm just going to keep on laughing.  I can tell Hoyle worked in athletics, I'm guessing MU.  Never met him, I don't think.  Clearly we have different politics, which is fine....but he knows what he is talking about with Buzz and you just don't like it...to bad.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

CleanishProgram

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2019, 07:54:00 PM »
LOL.  I'll be dead from a plane crash and these other guys will still post and I'll smile my ass off at your lunacy.  All I ask is that when you are exposed and proven wrong that it isn't me, please man up and make a $1000.00 donation (you can afford it) for the Juvenile Diabetes fund to help people with Type 1 insulin dependent diabetes.  I'll be dead, so it is on your honor code to do this. 

Meanwhile, I'm just going to keep on laughing.  I can tell Hoyle worked in athletics, I'm guessing MU.  Never met him, I don't think.  Clearly we have different politics, which is fine....but he knows what he is talking about with Buzz and you just don't like it...to bad.

You cant smile when youre dead...can you?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2019, 07:57:07 PM »
You cant smile when youre dead...can you?

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2019, 08:00:37 PM »

So when you die in a plane crash if someone keeps posting under the Billy Hoyle moniker you want me to "man up" and give $1000 to your charity. Odd prediction, worthy cause. Done.

CleanishProgram

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2019, 08:01:55 PM »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2019, 08:05:53 PM »
So when you die in a plane crash if someone keeps posting under the Billy Hoyle moniker you want me to "man up" and give $1000 to your charity. Odd prediction, worthy cause. Done.

Good.  How about one more, if Billy proves he isn't me....you pay it out before hand so I can watch kids like my daughter benefit from the donation.  If you are willing to donate when I'm dead and proven it isn't me, you should be willing to pay it proven regardless...right?

It is a worthy cause.  Billy, going to need some help here but since this is $$$ for kids, I think this is worth it if Lenny steps up here.  I know exactly how to do it, too.  Photo of each of us with newspaper in town we live on with date from that day, impossible to replicate and preferably next to something local that proves we are each in a unique location. I don't know where Billy lives, but I sure as hell know I am not Billy....and the satisfaction on my face of you writing that check for those kids will go a long ways.

Come one dude, I know you are a good man as much ribbing as we do, I do know that you are.  For a good cause and you will be able to find a second person that worked in college athletics that knows a bit more than you about your Curly impersonator that also coaches.

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2019, 08:28:50 PM »
Well, In post game interviews Wojo has said "this is all on me, it's not on the kids." So, fine. It's all on you Wojo. Figure it out.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2019, 08:34:43 PM »
Good.  How about one more, if Billy proves he isn't me....you pay it out before hand so I can watch kids like my daughter benefit from the donation.  If you are willing to donate when I'm dead and proven it isn't me, you should be willing to pay it proven regardless...right?

It is a worthy cause.  Billy, going to need some help here but since this is $$$ for kids, I think this is worth it if Lenny steps up here.  I know exactly how to do it, too.  Photo of each of us with newspaper in town we live on with date from that day, impossible to replicate and preferably next to something local that proves we are each in a unique location. I don't know where Billy lives, but I sure as hell know I am not Billy....and the satisfaction on my face of you writing that check for those kids will go a long ways.

Come one dude, I know you are a good man as much ribbing as we do, I do know that you are.  For a good cause and you will be able to find a second person that worked in college athletics that knows a bit more than you about your Curly impersonator that also coaches.

I'll get back to you in a pm sometime in the next few days.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2019, 10:30:02 PM »
I'll get back to you in a pm sometime in the next few days.

Sounds good.  You will feel good in your heart helping kids. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2019, 11:21:00 PM »
I would add to this his consistent pattern of demotivating his team . CBS caught him excoriating the kids to play Angry as his face was turning red and angry. The kids just tuned him out.

In addition he has developed a unique specialty in building kids up and then throwing them under the bus. Does wonders for the team spirit.

OMG. Are we really back to "demotivating" wojo again?

Fans are a finicky bunch. You don't like that wojo got loud and angry. Others liked izzo getting loud and angry and wanted wojo to be like that

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2019, 11:26:48 PM »

Pretty lopsided poll. How many people voted “crapshoot”?
Whoops my bad. That’s not an option. Guess we should edit the poll.
No Finish Line

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2019, 11:42:43 PM »
BOT, namely Doc Rivers

Coulda shoulda had Hopkins...

Who, by the way, cinched his first first NCAA win in just his second season. Hopkins inherited a Romar-sized mess but has been named the Pac 12 COY in his only two seasons.

Guy has the Huskies playing above .700 ball and winning in The Dance.

And the BoT thought Wojo was the better choice...

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2019, 02:47:54 AM »
Coulda shoulda had Hopkins...

Who, by the way, cinched his first first NCAA win in just his second season. Hopkins inherited a Romar-sized mess but has been named the Pac 12 COY in his only two seasons.

Guy has the Huskies playing above .700 ball and winning in The Dance.

And the BoT thought Wojo was the better choice...

Could be they were wrong. Let's see how he does without Romar's guys before we begin making any final declarations.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2019, 06:41:47 AM »
Well there we have it from the poll. Democracy in action
Now we need to go straight to impeachment.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2019, 10:03:45 AM »
Well there we have it from the poll. Democracy in action
Now we need to go straight to impeachment.
Wojo lied, people died!
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2019, 11:29:49 AM »
OMG. Are we really back to "demotivating" wojo again?

Fans are a finicky bunch. You don't like that wojo got loud and angry. Others liked izzo getting loud and angry and wanted wojo to be like that

For me it was a little telling he had to have that kind of convo on the eve of an NCAA Tourney game. Especially when everyone was picking against us.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2019, 01:11:05 PM »

Can you provide some examples to this?