[Today at 04:41:17 PM]

2024-25 Roster by DFW HOYA
[Today at 03:15:39 PM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 02:56:18 PM]

Media Rights Update by WhiteTrash
[Today at 12:32:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette NBA Thread  (Read 513355 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Marquette NBA Thread
« Reply #2625 on: June 18, 2024, 08:58:07 PM »
Fluff

I like Sam and happy for him and that is it. Obsession? That might be the wildest thing I have seen you post.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2626 on: June 18, 2024, 08:59:54 PM »
Fluff

I like Sam and happy for him and that is it. Obsession? That might be the wildest thing I have seen you post.

The obsession is that people keep bringing him up here even though it’s pretty clear that MU and him don’t have any relationship with one another.

It’s weird.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #2627 on: June 18, 2024, 09:10:47 PM »

The obsession is that people keep bringing him up here even though it’s pretty clear that MU and him don’t have any relationship with one another.

It’s weird.
Otoh, Sam had 3 very nice seasons with MU. That’s one more year than Dwayne Wade, Jim Chones, OMax Prosper, Justin Lewis, etc. who left for greener pastures after 2 seasons on the court. He is still part of MU BB legacy. Just sayin…….

• All American
« Reply #2628 on: June 18, 2024, 09:13:20 PM »
Otoh, Sam had 3 very nice seasons with MU. That’s one more year than Dwayne Wade, Jim Chones, OMax Prosper, Justin Lewis, etc. who left for greener pastures after 2 seasons on the court. He is still part of MU BB legacy. Just sayin…….

He didn’t turn pro. He transferred. You can’t tell the difference? Marquette can. lol.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #2629 on: June 18, 2024, 09:25:06 PM »
He didn’t turn pro. He transferred. You can’t tell the difference? Marquette can. lol.
Obviosly know the difference. But, truth is that he put in 3 very good seasons on MU’s behalf and was a huge part of 3 successful MU seasons. Hate that he left, but gotta give him credit for what he did. Ended up helping MU by departing and leading to Wojo’s demise and Shaka’s arrival. Joey, otoh……

• All American
« Reply #2630 on: June 18, 2024, 09:26:23 PM »
Obviosly know the difference. But, truth is that he put in 3 very good seasons on MU’s behalf and was a huge part of 3 successful MU seasons. Hate that he left, but gotta give him credit for what he did. Ended up helping MU by departing and leading to Wojo’s demise and Shaka’s arrival. Joey, otoh……

I don’t have to give him credit for anything. But keep fawning over a transfer. You fit in good with the weird ones here.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #2631 on: June 18, 2024, 09:31:12 PM »
I don’t have to give him credit for anything. But keep fawning over a transfer. You fit in good with the weird ones here.
Just reflecting on the conversation in this thread. Have not thought about Sam in quite a while other than maybe discussing his pro potential.

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #2632 on: June 19, 2024, 12:59:37 AM »
I wouldn't at all be surprised for Sam Hauser and Marquette to have a reconciliation 5/10/20 years down the road. I think it's human nature for great players to want some connection to their younger playing days—especially ones great enough to have long NBA careers and keep basketball at the center of their adult lives. Sam has no legacy to draw on at UVA, but he certainly had three good years at MU.

On a personal level, I don't understand the enduring animus player who made a decision to transfer colleges as a 20 year-old, especially one who was probably unduly influenced by his helicopter parents. Perhaps there's mending to be done behind the scenes before any sort of public reunion, but to me that should be possible.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2633 on: June 19, 2024, 06:09:26 AM »
I have never heard either opine (favorably or otherwise) on Sam. I honestly haven’t seen any MU former players and coaches celebrate Sam today…have you seen any congratulatory posts?

Novak is too busy in neighborhood patrol to comment at the moment but I’m sure as part of the cabal of white guys from Wisconsin that played at Marquette, he’ll comment shortly
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #2634 on: June 19, 2024, 06:30:17 AM »
I wouldn't at all be surprised for Sam Hauser and Marquette to have a reconciliation 5/10/20 years down the road. I think it's human nature for great players to want some connection to their younger playing days—especially ones great enough to have long NBA careers and keep basketball at the center of their adult lives. Sam has no legacy to draw on at UVA, but he certainly had three good years at MU.

On a personal level, I don't understand the enduring animus player who made a decision to transfer colleges as a 20 year-old, especially one who was probably unduly influenced by his helicopter parents. Perhaps there's mending to be done behind the scenes before any sort of public reunion, but to me that should be possible.

Who cares? Seriously, I have no animus toward the guy, but why do we care if he is somehow connected to the program in 5/10/20 years?

I'm much more hopeful that Markus and MU have a connection than Sam.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2635 on: June 19, 2024, 07:04:58 AM »
Who cares? Seriously, I have no animus toward the guy, but why do we care if he is somehow connected to the program in 5/10/20 years?

I hope Marquette mends the fences with Deonte Burton and Duane Wilson and Sandy Cohen and Dameon Mason and Scott Christopherson and Odartey Blankson

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #2636 on: June 19, 2024, 07:15:02 AM »
It's a shame Omax couldn't get a ring. It's a pretty cool way to add additional prestige to a school, beyond just having someone in the Association.  He would have been the envy of everyone at those Clemson reunions.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2637 on: June 19, 2024, 07:51:39 AM »

No one's comin' ta MU cuz 0 chucked up 40 shots/game and plays overseas, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2638 on: June 19, 2024, 07:56:11 AM »

No one is coming to MU because of Sam Hauser, aina?

And Markus is MUBB family.  The program would love to have him around

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2639 on: June 19, 2024, 07:58:23 AM »

Oso talked about his relationship with Markus and his family quite a bit when the coaching change happened. Oso was pretty good for MU.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2640 on: June 19, 2024, 08:02:01 AM »
Oso talked about his relationship with Markus and his family quite a bit when the coaching change happened. Oso was pretty good for MU.

In 4elder’s world, that’s a strike against Markus

• All American
« Reply #2641 on: June 19, 2024, 08:03:12 AM »

So your theory is that the programs all time leading scorer isn’t valuable to the program, but a guy who transferred out is?

4elder isn’t what we call, “sports savvy”

Yep.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2642 on: June 19, 2024, 08:07:22 AM »
Markus can tell recruits about Marquette producing two All-American PGs in a 5-year span, about the school's academics, and about the many opportunities student-athletes have to make off-the-court contributions to the Marquette and Milwaukee communities.

Sam can help them with his penmanship, though, so that's good.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2643 on: June 19, 2024, 08:41:12 AM »
I hope Marquette mends the fences with Deonte Burton and Duane Wilson and Sandy Cohen and Dameon Mason and Scott Christopherson and Odartey Blankson

Duane at least had the paper saying he's an alum
Maigh Eo for Sam

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #2644 on: June 19, 2024, 10:37:30 AM »
It's a shame Omax couldn't get a ring. It's a pretty cool way to add additional prestige to a school, beyond just having someone in the Association.  He would have been the envy of everyone at those Clemson reunions.

Omax’s perimeter defense will eventually get him some playing time.  Just needs to hit that three at an above average clip and he will have a long NBA career.  I’m optimistic.  And agreed it would have been nice for him to get a ring.  Even with the Clemson comment.  Which made me laugh.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2024, 10:43:24 AM by Shooter McGavin »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2645 on: June 19, 2024, 10:41:41 AM »
Omax’s perimeter defense will eventually get him some playing time.  Just needs to hit that three at an above average clip and he will have a long NBA career.  I’m optimistic.  And agreed it would have been nice for him to get a ring.

Which in turn helps Clemson a lot

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #2646 on: June 19, 2024, 10:49:31 AM »

You could apply the "who cares?" framework to any player outside of Dwyane Wade and Jimmy Butler. Frankly you could apply it to college basketball fandom to a whole. I wouldn't say I "care" about Sam Hauser reuniting with MU, I'm just remarking that I think it's very possible down the line. Many in this thread, including you, are suggesting that possibility is nil because he transferred from MU. I don't think you're right about that.

MurphysTillClose

• Starter
« Reply #2647 on: June 19, 2024, 11:02:09 AM »
You could apply the "who cares?" framework to any player outside of Dwyane Wade and Jimmy Butler. Frankly you could apply it to college basketball fandom to a whole. I wouldn't say I "care" about Sam Hauser reuniting with MU, I'm just remarking that I think it's very possible down the line. Many in this thread, including you, are suggesting that possibility is nil because he transferred from MU. I don't think you're right about that.

Hauser doesn’t give a crap about MU. MU doesn’t give a crap about Hauser. It’s not that difficult.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2648 on: June 19, 2024, 11:08:02 AM »
Tyler

Anyone that would argue with your post simply wants to argue. Hopefully all of the anti-Sam fans will stick to their guns and not support a MU-Sam reunion if it were to happen. By the way, I feel the exact same way on the topic as you do.

• All American
« Reply #2649 on: June 19, 2024, 11:12:04 AM »

I care about players who finished at Marquette.

Tyler

Anyone that would argue with your post simply wants to argue. Hopefully all of the anti-Sam fans will stick to their guns and not support a MU-Sam reunion if it were to happen. By the way, I feel the exact same way on the topic as you do.

If it were to happen, it would get a big yawn from me.

The fact that you think it would be nice is pretty pathetic actually.

feedback