[Today at 03:15:39 PM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 02:56:18 PM]

Media Rights Update by WhiteTrash
[Today at 12:32:13 PM]

Marquette Challenge announced by GoFastAndWin
[June 25, 2024, 10:25:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette NBA Thread  (Read 513308 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Marquette NBA Thread
« Reply #2600 on: June 18, 2024, 01:56:45 PM »
galway

That is what make America great, we can have different opinions. I would love to have Sam back in the fold and helping with recruiting.

USA! USA! USA!
Maigh Eo for Sam

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2601 on: June 18, 2024, 02:00:35 PM »
galway

That is what make America great, we can have different opinions. I would love to have Sam back in the fold and helping with recruiting.

Right Goose! At this point Sam could do a lot more for Shaka and MU than Marquette can do for him. Have no way of knowing if that is even a possibility, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2602 on: June 18, 2024, 02:01:55 PM »
Congratulations to Sam.   Shaka doesn't need his help.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2603 on: June 18, 2024, 02:03:54 PM »
Stephanie's got some athletic administration experience in the state of Wisconsin.  Maybe she can replace Bill?  And Dave knows ball, so maybe find him a position on the staff or as a consultant.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2604 on: June 18, 2024, 02:05:14 PM »
Congratulations to Sam.   Shaka doesn't need his help.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2605 on: June 18, 2024, 02:09:18 PM »
Why does Shaka somehow
I think Sam and Kam is a good comparison.

If Kam had gotten into a tiff with Stevie and Shaka, and then quit Marquette after his junior year to go play at Virginia, yes, then it would have been a good comparison.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 03:22:01 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2606 on: June 18, 2024, 02:54:22 PM »
lol at anyone that thinks Sam will be recruiting for Marquette or doing anything for Shaka
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MurphysTillClose

• Starter
« Reply #2607 on: June 18, 2024, 03:05:16 PM »
Wild that some still think of Hauser as a Marquette guy. He is not.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2608 on: June 18, 2024, 03:07:15 PM »

Nope, but maybe he’ll spend some time around the program and help out

😂😂😂😂

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2609 on: June 18, 2024, 03:08:25 PM »
Yeah.  And I think Dwyane Wade traveling to Maui, doing golf tournaments, being in the locker room at home games, etc. is probably just a touch more valuable than UVA grad Sam Hauser.  Just one man's opinion though.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #2610 on: June 18, 2024, 03:14:42 PM »
Honestly, I didn’t start disliking Sam until posters here tried to do everything they could to discredit Markus. When people blame Wojo for Sam leaving, it makes sense and I respect Sam’s decision. But scoop turned into a place where praising and respecting Markus was frowned upon by a large group, and that made my resentment for Sam built up.

But that’s a me issue, and logically Sam’s decision probably was the right one for him. It’s the anti Markus stances that get to me.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2611 on: June 18, 2024, 03:15:38 PM »
Honestly, I didn’t start disliking Sam until posters here tried to do everything they could to discredit Markus. When people blame Wojo for Sam leaving, it makes sense and I respect Sam’s decision. But scoop turned into a place where praising and respecting Markus was frowned upon by a large group, and that made my resentment for Sam built up.

But that’s a me issue, and logically Sam’s decision probably was the right one for him. It’s the anti Markus stances that get to me.

Scoop is the only place this is discussed.  The next Marquette watch party I attend or fan I encounter in the wild that discusses this topic will be the first

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2612 on: June 18, 2024, 03:16:16 PM »
Yeah.  And I think Dwyane Wade traveling to Maui, doing golf tournaments, being in the locker room at home games, etc. is probably just a touch more valuable than UVA grad Sam Hauser.  Just one man's opinion though.

More valuable, Sam’s ring or Shaka on Thanasis’ podcast?

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #2613 on: June 18, 2024, 03:16:26 PM »
Scoop is the only place this is discussed.  The next Marquette watch party I attend or fan I encounter in the wild that discusses this topic will be the first

100%

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2614 on: June 18, 2024, 03:31:43 PM »
What I don't get with the obsession with Sam and Joey is why it didn't seem like people were obsessing about the careers for Haanif, Jerome Maymonn, Trevor Mbakwe, Reggie smith, Jamal Ferguson, Erik Williams, Steve Taylor (outside of Herm), the list goes on and on.

what's different about these brothers that made a bunch of people obsessively latch onto them as still being MU guys but not those other transfers? Many of the guys defending Sam as 'forever an MU guy' wouldnt say that about Erik Williams or Steve Taylor and didn't give a damn about them after leaving.
Sam was here for three years and was my favorite MU player while he was here.  I really liked his game.  And I don't blame him for leaving Wojo.  So I still root for the guy and I'm happy that he got a ring and the paycheck that goes with it.  Don't feel like I obsessively latch on to him. 
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #2615 on: June 18, 2024, 03:47:27 PM »
Agree.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2616 on: June 18, 2024, 04:12:53 PM »
Sam was here for three years and was my favorite MU player while he was here.  I really liked his game.  And I don't blame him for leaving Wojo.  So I still root for the guy and I'm happy that he got a ring and the paycheck that goes with it.  Don't feel like I obsessively latch on to him.

Rooting for someone because you like their game is different than trying to defend it by saying he's still a Marquette stakeholder. The parent of a Marquette grad is more a stakeholder in the university than a transfer (regular student or high profile athlete)
Maigh Eo for Sam

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #2617 on: June 18, 2024, 05:06:09 PM »
I liked Sam. He was a solid player on our team for three years. For me personally, he built up enough capital that I still liked him "well enough" after he left. I wouldn't say that I root for him, but if I see that something good happens to him -- such as winning an NBA championship -- my general attitude is "good for him." I actively root for most other MU guys and am much more enthusiastic if they do well.

Joey, on the other hand...well he didn't build up the capital that Sam did. I wouldn't say that I actively root against him...well...actually...yes, I kind of do root against him.

Edited to add: I have similar generally positive feelings for a number of guys who put in several years at MU -- Greg Elliott, Jamal Cain, Theo John, etc.

Nailed it, Still.

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #2618 on: June 18, 2024, 05:49:43 PM »

My personal opinion is that I was sad for Sam.  He had already built a legacy and would have been celebrated at MU in a similar light as a Novak, Diener or the like.  There is no way he is seen in that light if he comes back to an MU game after the above.  It probably didnt matter to him at the time doesnt matter today with the Celtics.  But it something I'd imagine it he may miss someday - but that is the consequence of his choice.

This.

I am sure it is this way at other schools, but not having football means our basketball players are beloved and remembered forever.  Sam would have been one of the most celebrated players in MU's long history.  But it is hard for a 20 year old to realize it, let alone care about it. 

I am sure he is thrilled with his decision and that is the only opinion that really matters.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2619 on: June 18, 2024, 05:54:13 PM »
This.

I am sure it is this way at other schools, but not having football means our basketball players are beloved and remembered forever.  Sam would have been one of the most celebrated players in MU's long history.  But it is hard for a 20 year old to realize it, let alone care about it. 

I am sure he is thrilled with his decision and that is the only opinion that really matters.

Honestly I doubt he will ever care.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #2620 on: June 18, 2024, 07:35:24 PM »
I will tell you what's different in my observation.

1. We had a coach that not many people were satisfied with on the court (solidified the Wojo Shortcomings)
2. We lost someone who had scored as many points in an MU uniform as D Wade and J Butler (Embarrassing/Jilting)
3. It significantly diminished the prospects for the next season and was somewhat unprecedented for MU's past experience (Immediately Frustrating)

My personal opinion is that I was sad for Sam.  He had already built a legacy and would have been celebrated at MU in a similar light as a Novak, Diener or the like.  There is no way he is seen in that light if he comes back to an MU game after the above.  It probably didnt matter to him at the time doesnt matter today with the Celtics.  But it something I'd imagine it he may miss someday - but that is the consequence of his choice.
Diener and Novak are celebrated in the light that they are because of their Final Four run.
Sam was not part of a FF team. Different light.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2621 on: June 18, 2024, 07:51:04 PM »
[/qu

What do your golfin' buddies at Grant Park say 'bout dis, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2622 on: June 18, 2024, 08:04:42 PM »
I would bet a lot of money that Novak and Diener have a very favorable opinion of Sam. Plus, I would bet more money they feel Sam is part of the MU family.

I learned a long time ago to always trust former players and coaches on they view a player. I have zero doubt that Sam is being celebrated by many former players and coaches today.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2623 on: June 18, 2024, 08:29:23 PM »
I would bet a lot of money that Novak and Diener have a very favorable opinion of Sam. Plus, I would bet more money they feel Sam is part of the MU family.

LOL. Who cares?

It seems pretty clear that Sam doesn't think that way. With all of the connections that Shaka and the entire program seeks out with former players, why do you think that Sam is never mentioned?  I believe that MUBB even congratulated Jamal Cain last year when the Heat made the Finals...but not a peep about Sam.

This obsession with him is so strange.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #2624 on: June 18, 2024, 08:38:10 PM »

I learned a long time ago to always trust former players and coaches on they view a player. I have zero doubt that Sam is being celebrated by many former players and coaches today.
I have never heard either opine (favorably or otherwise) on Sam. I honestly haven’t seen any MU former players and coaches celebrate Sam today…have you seen any congratulatory posts?