[September 27, 2024, 09:25:40 PM]

[Cracked Sidewalks] Dayton Preview by tower912
[September 27, 2024, 04:52:28 PM]

Starting line ups/rotations 24-25 by tower912
[September 27, 2024, 03:11:39 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Billy Hoyle
[September 27, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Lunardi Says..  (Read 39304 times)

geps

• Team Captain
  • Double down
Lunardi Says..
« on: January 23, 2017, 12:02:50 PM »

LloydsLegs

• All American
Re: Lunardi Says..
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 12:11:17 PM »
As we thought, looks like MU has played a few bubble teams - Michigan and Pitt also last 4 in; Georgia last 4 out.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 12:20:21 PM »
I read that was same bracket prior to the game Saturday.
Goal is National Championship

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 12:25:23 PM »
Mentioned in another thread, but still find it very strange that Joey B had us last team in prior to Creighton game. We win our best game of the year, on the road, our RPI jumps ~ 25 spots, and he still has us as last team in. Feel like he just didn't update from the seed list he sent out Sat am.

Most other bracket projections have us as 8-10 seed now and safely in.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 12:33:28 PM »
Mentioned in another thread, but still find it very strange that Joey B had us last team in prior to Creighton game. We win our best game of the year, on the road, our RPI jumps ~ 25 spots, and he still has us as last team in. Feel like he just didn't update from the seed list he sent out Sat am.

Most other bracket projections have us as 8-10 seed now and safely in.

Joey B likely made this bracket on Friday and posted it today. He's lazy like that. Creighton game isn't reflected.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 12:36:27 PM »
Joey B likely made this bracket on Friday and posted it today. He's lazy like that. Creighton game isn't reflected.
As I posted before read that the bracket is prior to the game

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 12:42:03 PM »
My dream scenario is for MU and Va Tech to play each other in a first round game at the Dayton Arena. JJJ scores the game winning play on a dunk over Ahmed Hill with Buzz alleging that JJJ took 4 steps. Kostas is on the sidelines at the game and is so moved by the MU win and the possibility of playing with Markus Howard and being paired with Ike Eke  in a Nigerian twin towers formation that he immediately renounces his position at Dayton and transfers to MU.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 12:55:31 PM by Marquette Fan In NY »
“It was a Great Day until it wasn’t”
    ——Rory McIlroy on Final Round at Pinehurst

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: Lunardi Says.
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 12:45:03 PM »
My dream scenario is for MU and Va Tech to play each other in a first round game at the Dayton Arena. JJJ scores the game winning play on a dunk over Ahmed Hill with Buzz alleging that JJJ took 4 steps. Kostas is on the sidelines at the game and is so moved by the MU and the possibility of playing with Markus Howard and being paired with Ike Eke  in a Nigerian twin towers formation that he immediately renounces his position at Dayton and transfers to MU.

So you're dream scenario involves MU needing to win 7 games instead of 6?

Great
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 12:45:49 PM »
My dream scenario is for MU and Va Tech to play each other in a first round game at the Dayton Arena. JJJ scores the game winning play on a dunk over Ahmed Hill with Buzz alleging that JJJ took 4 steps. Kostas is on the sidelines at the game and is so moved by the MU and the possibility of playing with Markus Howard and being paired with Ike Eke  in a Nigerian twin towers formation that he immediately renounces his position at Dayton and transfers to MU.
:o

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 12:46:57 PM »

Unless Giannis pays his tuition or Wojo adopts him I don't think that scenario is likely.

geps

• Team Captain
  • Double down
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 12:53:05 PM »
As we thought, looks like MU has played a few bubble teams - Michigan and Pitt also last 4 in; Georgia last 4 out.
Boy I would like to think we would beat Pitt and Michigan now.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 12:53:20 PM »
:o

There simply has to be a Puerto Rican swear word for this insanity!

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 12:56:11 PM »

Ay caramba!  That's the best I got.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 12:57:50 PM »
Jerry Palm has MU as a 9 seed (playing 8 seed IU)

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2017, 12:58:14 PM »
Boy I would like to think we would beat Pitt and Michigan now.

Pitt never shoulda been close.

Michigan was a really bad night I'd like to hope. But at least they deserved that win

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2017, 01:08:10 PM »
This is fun. Good to be back in the conversation.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2017, 01:20:45 PM »
We already have Franklin and Marotta, why would we take on Kostas?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2017, 01:22:02 PM »
Would looooove to play Gonzaga
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2017, 01:23:23 PM »
Pitt never shoulda been close.

Michigan was a really bad night I'd like to hope. But at least they deserved that win

It's interesting to look back on those two games and see how much has changed in terms of who's getting minutes (Rowsey only got 1 minute in the Michigan game), and who's drastically increased their efficiency on offense since then (Hauser and Katin).

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2017, 01:27:18 PM »
It's interesting to look back on those two games and see how much has changed in terms of who's getting minutes (Rowsey only got 1 minute in the Michigan game), and who's drastically increased their efficiency on offense since then (Hauser and Katin).

So true. Things are a lot different now. I do believe we beat Michigan on a neutral floor now. But like I said at least that was a game we flat out didn't deserve.

Hopefully things keep trending well and we get ourselves into the dance.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2017, 01:28:16 PM »
Ay caramba!  That's the best I got.
Not even close! No swearing there...

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2017, 01:31:18 PM »
Would be Spanish and there are a bunch I can think of, but Rocky already had a lot of work on the student thread, so...no  ;D

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2017, 01:35:15 PM »
As frustrating as it was to watch and even though it was a BE game, I'm willing to concede the Butler game because Butler at home is simply a better team than MU. The blown games against Pitt and Seton Hall are what concern me. If MU wins those 2 games, they're sitting at 15-4 with an RPI around 30 and we're talking seeding as opposed to in or out. Not to mention MU would also have an additional 2 wins over bubble teams.

MU is likely going to be sitting after 4-4 after tomorrow night (sorry to be a pessimist) but has a very favorable stretch coming up. After Nova, MU has 3 straight very winnable games, followed by 3 pick 'em games, then StJ at home and Prov on the road. That's the stretch that's going to make or break this season. MU could easily win 6 or 7 of those games and get to 10+ BE wins...or they could easily go 3-5 and be hoping for a spot in the NIT.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2017, 01:37:22 PM »
As frustrating as it was to watch and even though it was a BE game, I'm willing to concede the Butler game because Butler at home is simply a better team than MU. The blown games against Pitt and Seton Hall are what concern me. If MU wins those 2 games, they're sitting at 15-4 with an RPI around 30 and we're talking seeding as opposed to in or out. Not to mention MU would also have an additional 2 wins over bubble teams.

MU is likely going to be sitting after 4-4 after tomorrow night (sorry to be a pessimist) but has a very favorable stretch coming up. After Nova, MU has 3 straight very winnable games, followed by 3 pick 'em games, then StJ at home and Prov on the road. That's the stretch that's going to make or break this season. MU could easily win 6 or 7 of those games and get to 10+ BE wins...or they could easily go 3-5 and be hoping for a spot in the NIT.
Or we could win the BET

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2017, 01:46:09 PM »
As frustrating as it was to watch and even though it was a BE game, I'm willing to concede the Butler game because Butler at home is simply a better team than MU. The blown games against Pitt and Seton Hall are what concern me.

Who knows? Could be that we don't beat Creighton on their court without learning the hard lessons of losing on the road to Pitt, Seton Hall and Butler when we had opportunities to come away with a victory.

Some teams start the season knowing who they are, how to play together and what they have to do to win. Other teams have to figure it out. Hopefully the win at Creighton pays dividends the rest of the conference schedule.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words