[Today at 06:05:27 PM]

Shaka interview by Skatastrophy
[Today at 05:01:17 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by MU82
[Today at 12:31:28 PM]

Excellent Mr Dodds Interview with Ben Gold by Herman Cain
[Today at 08:52:59 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Man Jewelry  (Read 13135 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Man Jewelry
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2016, 01:51:39 PM »
What position is dat, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2016, 01:52:41 PM »
What position is dat, hey?

He seems to be a missionary, -a''inal?
The FBI screwed up in Butler, PA.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2016, 02:02:54 PM »
How do awareness bands like the old livestrong bands play into the rules? I wear one for our campus campaign against sexual assault. Figure it's kind of expected for a man with my position

Okay as long as you remember to remove it at the .08 threshold.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2016, 02:13:11 PM »
How do awareness bands like the old livestrong bands play into the rules? I wear one for our campus campaign against sexual assault. Figure it's kind of expected for a man with my position

I'd rule that's considered a bracelet/fitness tracker
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2016, 03:20:58 PM »
Been really getting into man jewelry lately.  Specifically bracelets and rings.  No chains or earrings ever though. I'll wear several bracelets and a ring simultaneously sometimes like this getup and I rocked today.
Badass or total jackass?

I would say Persian or Romani

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2016, 03:46:29 PM »
A pair of crocks and white tube socks.

Check out the SNL skit from last weekend.  A news team covers a sinkhole in Tampa and Margot Robbie becomes the story rather than the sinkhole.  Very funny and Crocs are involved.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2016, 05:06:51 PM »
Check out the SNL skit from last weekend.  A news team covers a sinkhole in Tampa and Margot Robbie becomes the story rather than the sinkhole.  Very funny and Crocs are involved.

Yeah, that was a great skit. SNL started out strong this season.
Have some patience, FFS.

SoCalEagle

• All American
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2016, 06:17:47 PM »
Meh. Doing a married girl who's wearing her ring is the same as doing one who isn't, a''ina?

Mr. Trump, is that you???

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2016, 10:55:42 PM »
He seems to be a missionary, -a''inal?

LOL - literally!

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2016, 11:07:49 AM »
Yeah, that was a great skit. SNL started out strong this season.

My kids are excited to see 21 Pilots this week.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2016, 03:23:24 PM »

Chick

Did I leave those on your nightstand?

Death on call

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2016, 05:02:44 PM »
Chick

Did I leave those on your nightstand?

I wouldn't let a guy who wore those anywhere near my bedroom, even if I was single.
Have some patience, FFS.

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2016, 01:49:09 PM »
Absolutely.

Wedding ring, watch, and the red, white and blue bracelet that my daughter made for me.  I think the best policy is to not judge. I see some dudes rocking all kinds of jewelry and  they own it. I would feel like an ass and it would show. I am wearing Keens right now and ever since I first started fly fishing in them I wear them at least six months of the year and when it cold i might even wear them with socks, but only with long pants on and only in the morning.... Standards......

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2016, 01:50:47 PM »

I think they're passe.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2016, 02:46:04 PM »
Dis is da best in man jewels, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2016, 10:56:55 AM »
Watch, wedding ring on my left hand, and either a Claddagh or Celtic band on my right.

However, I do break with tradition by wearing my wedding ring on my middle finger.  When my wife and I picked out and sized our rings, I was between sizes and choose the larger because I didn't want it to not fit in case I gained a few pounds in my 30's like my father did.  However, I actually lost weight after our wedding (not a lot, only 10 lbs or so) and so the ring has been too loose for my finger ever since, so I started wearing it on my middle finger.  Initially, this was much to the dismay of my wife until the day I damn near lost the ring drying my hands off in a restroom at Miller Park; fortunately, I heard it hit the ground... had it fallen in the garbage can, that's probably where I'd be living today.  Today, although reluctant, my wife is fine with me wearing it on the middle finger now.  She agrees it's probably better that I wear it on the wrong finger than it is to lose it; not to mention, I think it's pretty obvious to anyone who's looking that it's a wedding ring and that I'm not "advertising" something to the contrary... I mean, why else haven't the ladies been hitting on me over the past 7-8 years?

Although I'm curious... has anyone ever had a wedding ring re-sized?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2016, 11:44:14 AM »

Yes.  As a testament to my extraordinary athletic prowess, I dislocated my ring finger catching a football on Thanksgiving.  The knuckle has never returned to it's previous size, so I had to have the ring re-sized to get past the hurdle.  I don't recall the exact expense, but want to say it was less than $50.  (I was able to snap the dangling finger back in place, and quick thinking by my Marquette educated PT sister had me lubricate the ring off the finger before full swelling kicked in.)
Ludum habemus.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2016, 12:07:43 PM »
^^^ always good to have lube handy, aiiina? #LRtalk
The FBI screwed up in Butler, PA.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2016, 12:13:01 PM »
Watch, wedding ring on my left hand, and either a Claddagh or Celtic band on my right.

However, I do break with tradition by wearing my wedding ring on my middle finger.  When my wife and I picked out and sized our rings, I was between sizes and choose the larger because I didn't want it to not fit in case I gained a few pounds in my 30's like my father did.  However, I actually lost weight after our wedding (not a lot, only 10 lbs or so) and so the ring has been too loose for my finger ever since, so I started wearing it on my middle finger.  Initially, this was much to the dismay of my wife until the day I damn near lost the ring drying my hands off in a restroom at Miller Park; fortunately, I heard it hit the ground... had it fallen in the garbage can, that's probably where I'd be living today.  Today, although reluctant, my wife is fine with me wearing it on the middle finger now.  She agrees it's probably better that I wear it on the wrong finger than it is to lose it; not to mention, I think it's pretty obvious to anyone who's looking that it's a wedding ring and that I'm not "advertising" something to the contrary... I mean, why else haven't the ladies been hitting on me over the past 7-8 years?

Depends on the material. I have Tungsten Carbide which is great for opening beer bottles, doesn't scratch and I think looks great without being too expensive in case I replace it. Unfortunately Tungsten Carbide doesn't get resized and in fact you have to have a special tool to cut it off should it be required.

Mine is a little big on me so I have to be constantly aware of situations where it might be at risk to fall off. Closest I ever came to losing it was at a work convention, they had an event at a D&B and I was playing Pop-a-Shot with a bunch of people. Left my ring on (I'm left handed) and half way through my ring flew off, bounced inside the Pop-a-Shot "playing area" and by some miracle of physics bounced up and over my head and landed right behind me where I could find it.

Can't imagine the reaction if I had come home without my wedding ring from an event that is infamous for drunkenness and bad decisions and some story about a Pop-a-Shot game eating.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2016, 12:39:42 PM »
Depends on the material. I have Tungsten Carbide which is great for opening beer bottles, doesn't scratch and I think looks great without being too expensive in case I replace it. Unfortunately Tungsten Carbide doesn't get resized and in fact you have to have a special tool to cut it off should it be required.

Mine is a little big on me so I have to be constantly aware of situations where it might be at risk to fall off. Closest I ever came to losing it was at a work convention, they had an event at a D&B and I was playing Pop-a-Shot with a bunch of people. Left my ring on (I'm left handed) and half way through my ring flew off, bounced inside the Pop-a-Shot "playing area" and by some miracle of physics bounced up and over my head and landed right behind me where I could find it.

Can't imagine the reaction if I had come home without my wedding ring from an event that is infamous for drunkenness and bad decisions and some story about a Pop-a-Shot game eating.

You could always wrap yarn around it like we did to class rings in high school.
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2016, 12:43:26 PM »
The wife and I ditched the rings a couple years ago for tattoos that look very much like this.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2016, 01:17:36 PM »
You could always wrap yarn around it like we did to class rings in high school.

That was actually her first suggestion, but then she thought better of it... not sure if she didn't want people to think I was wearing a ring that wasn't mine or that people would think I was wearing her ring and she had much larger hands than me.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2016, 02:27:03 PM »

As mentioned if Tungstein or something like that probably not going to be able to be resized, but always another option if gold, silver, platinum you could have them melt it and recast the ring.

Unfortunately, through an accident and extended stay in the hospital my father had to have his band (gold) cut off.  When swelling went down my mother had it melted and re-made with the same material.  He literally had not had it off for 36 years before that.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2016, 02:55:52 PM »
Also, unless you're our Lord & Savior, a guy should not be wearing sandals ever.

Hmm. I have perma sandal tan year round.  Wear nothing other than flip flops from snowmelting to snowfalling (other than to work, obviously since I need to wear a suit).

This OP is pure gold though. Not sure if serious.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 02:59:07 PM by JamilJaeJamailJrJuan »
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2016, 10:50:32 AM »

Its very easy to resize a wedding band, assuming you have a normal plain gold/white gold band like me. My wife and I have both done it within a year of our wedding. Takes about a week. Any decent jeweler can do it. If its that big of a deal to your wife I'd just go get it done. My jeweler does it for free because I bought the ring there.

If you have a cheapie material or something just get a new one. Don't understand why people don't get gold wedding bands though. 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:53:05 AM by Coleman »

feedback