[Today at 06:44:09 PM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 03:08:45 PM]

Oso Article by Herman Cain
[Today at 10:31:08 AM]

More conference realignment talk by WhiteTrash
[June 21, 2024, 09:02:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Warriors vs Cavaliers II  (Read 24790 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Warriors vs Cavaliers II
« Reply #350 on: June 14, 2016, 10:18:57 AM »
I don't think we'll get a game 7. The Cavs were impressive last night, but the Warriors usually respond very well to getting hammered (only lost consecutive games once all season to OKC) and they'll have Green back.

That's my feeling as well.

Green will be back, Barnes can't play much worse than last night, and Curry was off...all while Irving and James were having near-perfect games.  Love will have a better game than last night, but still I expect a big bounce back from the Warriors. 

warriorOregon

• Walk-On
« Reply #351 on: June 14, 2016, 10:19:09 AM »
Aside from being a very entertaining thread to read that nugget was news to me as well.  My guess would be the 'Ali' thread was the finale.

That would be surprising to me.  Having read that thread a few minutes ago.  A few posters played the racist card and attacked, a few others called them out for playing the race card.  Certainly if that thread was the finale, then the others that were participating and making racist allegations would have been booted also.  Though, with the hypersensitive liberal moderators here, you are probably correct. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #352 on: June 14, 2016, 10:31:42 AM »
That would be surprising to me.  Having read that thread a few minutes ago.  A few posters played the racist card and attacked, a few others called them out for playing the race card.  Certainly if that thread was the finale, then the others that were participating and making racist allegations would have been booted also.  Though, with the hypersensitive liberal moderators here, you are probably correct.

Welcome back to Scoop, chicos/hoopaloop!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #353 on: June 14, 2016, 10:37:44 AM »

Created his account this morning and already has a strong opinion on the mods. Good to see you, Chicos!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #354 on: June 14, 2016, 10:49:04 AM »
OMG is that funny....

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #355 on: June 14, 2016, 10:51:12 AM »

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #356 on: June 14, 2016, 11:18:57 AM »
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #357 on: June 14, 2016, 11:28:07 AM »
Let me guess.  Just two Marquette Warriors fans sharing their love of basketball and Disney.  James TV Man was kind enough to tell you to bring the wife and kids down PCH and he'd be happy to hook you up with a few cold ones, some Disney tickets, and some cable.  He then asked if he could use your cellular device to post on your account without using his Wifi, since his IP address is banned, but he gave you his Wifi password as a showing of good faith.  And the rest, as we know it, is history.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #358 on: June 14, 2016, 11:29:52 AM »
But back to the NBA Finals.  I would assume Bogut will be out for the remainder of the series?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #359 on: June 14, 2016, 11:32:52 AM »
But back to the NBA Finals.  I would assume Bogut will be out for the remainder of the series?

Nothing official.  I guess he is getting an MRI this morning.  But even without a tear, a severely sprained knee isn't something you usually come back from in just few days.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #360 on: June 14, 2016, 11:41:42 AM »

Nothing official.  I guess he is getting an MRI this morning.  But even without a tear, a severely sprained knee isn't something you usually come back from in just few days.

Yeah I just figured since they called it a sprain and Curry had the mildest grade sprain and missed 6 straight games that Bogut won't be back in the next 6 days.

While I don't think that's a devastating injury it does hurt their size and depth.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #361 on: June 14, 2016, 11:46:13 AM »

Greetings MUScoop Community.  May I trouble you for a drink?

Chico's, who is this Chico's?  My name is Guy Incognito.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #362 on: June 14, 2016, 02:12:53 PM »
Yeah I just figured since they called it a sprain and Curry had the mildest grade sprain and missed 6 straight games that Bogut won't be back in the next 6 days.

While I don't think that's a devastating injury it does hurt their size and depth.

With Green out last game, losing Bogut hurt a lot because it killed any interior defense the Warriors had.  With Green coming back, the loss of Bugut would not be a huge deal.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #363 on: June 14, 2016, 02:41:55 PM »
With Green out last game, losing Bogut hurt a lot because it killed any interior defense the Warriors had.  With Green coming back, the loss of Bugut would not be a huge deal.

Cavs goal: two fouls on Green in first five minutes.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

warriorOregon

• Walk-On
« Reply #364 on: June 14, 2016, 03:04:02 PM »
Created his account this morning and already has a strong opinion on the mods. Good to see you, Chicos!

Hi Drewm88.

Good to see you. 

No one is hiding anything.  The mods are well known for their positions.  Nice guys, but is what is.  Well renowned up here in the NW.  They have a statute built.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #365 on: June 14, 2016, 03:11:20 PM »
Hi Drewm88.

Good to see you. 

No one is hiding anything.  The mods are well known for their positions.  Nice guys, but is what is.  Well renowned up here in the NW.  They have a statute built.

How are their positions so well known to you when you have been a member here for less than 12 hours?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #366 on: June 14, 2016, 03:24:09 PM »

It's hoopaloop, duh.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #367 on: June 14, 2016, 03:39:25 PM »
A few points:

++ James and Irving were both amazing. To try to say one was "better" than the other ... what's the point except to just argue for the sake of arguing?

James dominated every facet of the game and Irving shot incredibly and controlled the rock.

++ I thought the difference came down to shooting.

In the second half, the Warriors missed a TON of wide-open looks. They made 11 threes in the first half but just 3 in the second half. Curry couldn't hit 'em, Thompson couldn't him 'em and the rest of the team launched brick after brick.

Meanwhile, the Warriors dared James to shoot and he knocked down open shots from 15 to 23 feet all night long. If LeBron is making his perimeter shot he is BY FAR the best basketball player on the planet. And from the opening tip, Irving was in a zone, and stayed there all game.

There are all kinds of complex ways to analyze it, including Green's absence, but one team knocked down the shots and the other -- the team that lives by the 3 -- couldn't.

++ Green has become a heck of a Jack-of-all-trades, but just a few weeks ago he was getting justifiably criticized for stinkin' up the joint.

++ Curry has been pretty bad (by his standards). He had one great game, a couple pedestrian games and a couple awful games. If LeBron had a similar stretch in the Finals, he'd be getting killed by the media. Everybody loves Steph.

++ In the big picture, not much has really changed. Each team has won in the other's arena and the Warriors still have home-court advantage. If the Warriors shoot as they usually do and get good performances from their role players (including Green -- an All-Star role player, if there is such a thing), and if James and Irving are less than excellent, the Warriors will win. They are still the more talented, deeper, better-coached team.

++ warriorOregon ... that's too effen funny!

He had a few screen names in mind, but choosing a winning screen name ... it's such a crapshoot. We can't really judge him for this screen name for 5 years, anyway.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #368 on: June 14, 2016, 05:27:46 PM »
Cannot stop laughing at this warriororegon! Banning chicos is like playing whack a mole.
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorOregon

• Walk-On
« Reply #369 on: June 14, 2016, 05:43:32 PM »

How are their positions so well known to you when you have been a member here for less than 12 hours?

You can read anything on here without membership

warriorOregon

• Walk-On
« Reply #370 on: June 14, 2016, 05:44:42 PM »
Cannot stop laughing at this warriororegon! Banning chicos is like playing whack a mole.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #371 on: June 14, 2016, 06:15:24 PM »
You can read anything on here without membership

So you read up on here for awhile and just today decided to join?  Mysteriously just a few days after Chicos disappears?

Sure.

brandx

« Reply #372 on: June 14, 2016, 06:27:46 PM »
We're the only "friends" he's got - even though most of us can't stand the guy.

What a life >:(

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #373 on: June 14, 2016, 07:28:02 PM »
We're the only "friends" he's got - even though most of us can't stand the guy.

What a life >:(

You forgot Tom and Joani....

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #374 on: June 14, 2016, 07:33:51 PM »
He's also posted as thePhoenix...just yesterday with his first post.

feedback