[Today at 06:44:09 PM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 03:08:45 PM]

Oso Article by Herman Cain
[Today at 10:31:08 AM]

More conference realignment talk by WhiteTrash
[June 21, 2024, 09:02:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Warriors vs Cavaliers II  (Read 24791 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Re: Warriors vs Cavaliers II
« Reply #325 on: June 13, 2016, 10:26:59 PM »
Love is a turd tonight.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #326 on: June 13, 2016, 10:35:06 PM »
Irving is en fuego.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #327 on: June 13, 2016, 10:35:24 PM »
Irving again by far the best player on the floor.

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #328 on: June 13, 2016, 10:37:28 PM »
Irving again by far the best player on the floor.

Best player on the court, yes. By far, that's a stretch.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #329 on: June 13, 2016, 10:39:18 PM »
Best player on the court, yes. By far, that's a stretch.

Both Lebron and Klay are playing all world.  But Irving (89% eFG% and 41 points) is all Universe.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #330 on: June 13, 2016, 10:40:43 PM »
Curry missing shots he usually hits.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #331 on: June 13, 2016, 10:41:45 PM »
Easy shots

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #332 on: June 13, 2016, 10:45:13 PM »
Curry missing shots he usually hits.

After the 7 game series, in OKC and another long series here, where the officials let the opponents get away with grabbing holding and knocking Curry down without fouls called and I think they've managed to take him out of his game mentally and physically.

Fortunately for GSW, Klay has been ridiculous.

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #333 on: June 13, 2016, 10:45:41 PM »
Both Lebron and Klay are playing all world.  But Irving (89% eFG% and 41 points) is all Universe.

And what about Lebron's stats this game make him not "all universe" besides your absolute distain for the man?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #334 on: June 13, 2016, 10:50:32 PM »
And what about Lebron's stats this game make him not "all universe" besides your absolute distain for the man?

Lebron and Klay are comparable in this game.  Nod goes to Lebron due to complete game.  In any other game and they would be the only ones raved about.

Irving, though, is on a different level.  Its quite simple. 

If you need more.  Efficiency.

Irving:  eFG% 81%
Klay: eFG% 70%
Lebron:  eFG% 60%

81% is ridiculously absurd. 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 10:55:10 PM by forgetful »

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #335 on: June 13, 2016, 10:53:32 PM »
Don't forget Lebron's 16 boards, 3 steals, 3 blocks. Best player in this game could go either way in my mind.

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #336 on: June 13, 2016, 10:59:17 PM »
Lebron and Klay are comparable in this game.  Nod goes to Lebron due to complete game.  In any other game and they would be the only ones raved about.

Irving, though, is on a different level.  Its quite simple. 

If you need more.  Efficiency.

Irving:  eFG% 81%
Klay: eFG% 70%
Lebron:  eFG% 60%

81% is ridiculously absurd.

So one stat. Never mind that Lebron had or tied for game high in points, rebonds, assists, steals, and blocks.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #337 on: June 13, 2016, 11:02:17 PM »
Don't forget Lebron's 16 boards, 3 steals, 3 blocks. Best player in this game could go either way in my mind.

Yep.  Toss up.  He was the key inside for Cleveland with Love MIA.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #338 on: June 13, 2016, 11:05:36 PM »
So one stat. Never mind that Lebron had or tied for game high in points, rebonds, assists, steals, and blocks.

Hence me saying he had an all world game.  In what planet does that detract from an unbelievable performance. 

The announcers even said he was the best tonight and commented that if the series ended tonight Irving would be the MVP.

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #339 on: June 13, 2016, 11:08:06 PM »
Hence me saying he had an all world game.  In what planet does that detract from an unbelievable performance. 

On planet forgetful where his game was "by far" not as good as Irving's.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #340 on: June 13, 2016, 11:14:18 PM »
On planet forgetful where his game was "by far" not as good as Irving's.

At the time I said "by far", Irving was shooting an eFG% of 90% to Lebrons 60% and outscoring him. 

Irving is primarily a jump shooter and creates his own shot.  If you don't understand how absurd of a difference those two eFG% are, and how hard that is to achieve for a jump shooter, I'm sorry.

Irving drifted back to the pack a bit at the end, but was still the clear best player as highlighted by the announcers. 

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #341 on: June 13, 2016, 11:23:18 PM »

The announcers even said he was the best tonight and commented that if the series ended tonight Irving would be the MVP.

They said that about Lebron. Van Gundy said it would be deserved but wouldn't happen since they didn't do it last year when he was even better.

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #342 on: June 13, 2016, 11:25:58 PM »
Irving was super efficient tonight on offense. Lebron may not have been as efficient but dominated everything else tonight. They were both all universe. To say otherwise is just idiotic.

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #343 on: June 13, 2016, 11:26:50 PM »
They said that about Lebron. Van Gundy said it would be deserved but wouldn't happen since they didn't do it last year when he was even better.

Quit messing up the narrative!

brandx

« Reply #344 on: June 14, 2016, 02:46:07 AM »
At the time I said "by far", Irving was shooting an eFG% of 90% to Lebrons 60% and outscoring him. 

Irving is primarily a jump shooter and creates his own shot.  If you don't understand how absurd of a difference those two eFG% are, and how hard that is to achieve for a jump shooter, I'm sorry.

Irving drifted back to the pack a bit at the end, but was still the clear best player as highlighted by the announcers.

Ners? Ners?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #345 on: June 14, 2016, 08:30:24 AM »
That game shows you how important Green is to them.  Iggy was bad last night.  No one else could guard James.  Get too close and he would drive right past them.  Sag off and he would hit the mid range.

James and Irving did a great job of taking over for each other when the other was tiring.  Both had stretches where they simply couldn't be stopped.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #346 on: June 14, 2016, 09:17:22 AM »

That game shows you how important Green is to them.  Iggy was bad last night.  No one else could guard James.  Get too close and he would drive right past them.  Sag off and he would hit the mid range.

Agreed.

And the difference showed even more after Bogut went down.  While he was in, he could help out when James drove past his defender.  When he went down, James had a free path to the hoop.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #347 on: June 14, 2016, 09:26:29 AM »
Agreed.

And the difference showed even more after Bogut went down.  While he was in, he could help out when James drove past his defender.  When he went down, James had a free path to the hoop.

Getting all those minutes from Varejao really will hurt your interior defense.

I will preface by saying in no way did the refs decide this game, that was decided by two stars going supernova, but the physical nature of the officiating played right into the Cavs hands last night.  We saw it last year, the way to take Curry out of his game is to hammer him.  Iggy was getting abused on drives and getting no calls, I think that took him out of his mindset as well, which hurt them on the defensive end.  No Green, then no Bogut, and a physical game, just a disaster scenario for GS.

Also, Barnes was HORRIFIC.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #348 on: June 14, 2016, 10:01:39 AM »
James was the best player in that game. Dominating impact on both ends (not to mention dragging PoC Kevin Love along all night as well). Irving stood out for sure, because his performance was more unusual. Everyone is just used to seeing that kind of play out a James on a more routine basis.

I suspect we'll get a game 7, but the only way I see that ending well for the Cavs, is if Love magically turns into the player people still seem to think he is, as opposed to the player he actually is.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #349 on: June 14, 2016, 10:10:53 AM »
James was the best player in that game. Dominating impact on both ends (not to mention dragging PoC Kevin Love along all night as well). Irving stood out for sure, because his performance was more unusual. Everyone is just used to seeing that kind of play out a James on a more routine basis.

I suspect we'll get a game 7, but the only way I see that ending well for the Cavs, is if Love magically turns into the player people still seem to think he is, as opposed to the player he actually is.

I don't think we'll get a game 7. The Cavs were impressive last night, but the Warriors usually respond very well to getting hammered (only lost consecutive games once all season to OKC) and they'll have Green back.

feedback