[Today at 06:44:09 PM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 03:08:45 PM]

Oso Article by Herman Cain
[Today at 10:31:08 AM]

More conference realignment talk by WhiteTrash
[June 21, 2024, 09:02:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Warriors vs Cavaliers II  (Read 24792 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Warriors vs Cavaliers II
« Reply #275 on: June 12, 2016, 06:50:28 PM »
Exactly.  Nailed it.  If there is ANYTHING CLOSE to a flagrant foul on the play (there isn't) it's LeBron throwing Green down.

Yeah, it's pretty interesting that most people (including the NBA) are ignoring the reason Green was on the ground in the first place. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #276 on: June 12, 2016, 06:52:53 PM »
Yeah, it's pretty interesting that most people (including the NBA) are ignoring the reason Green was on the ground in the first place. 

They aren't.  Lebron was assessed a technical today.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #277 on: June 12, 2016, 06:59:37 PM »
They aren't.  Lebron was assessed a technical today.

For stepping over Green. They did nothing about the fact that he threw him to the ground in the first place.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #278 on: June 12, 2016, 07:03:36 PM »
For stepping over Green. They did nothing about the fact that he threw him to the ground in the first place.

I believe they viewed the altercation as a whole and didn't break it down between the throwdown and the step over.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #279 on: June 12, 2016, 07:36:11 PM »
I believe they viewed the altercation as a whole and didn't break it down between the throwdown and the step over.

Throwing a guy to the ground should be a flagrant, not a T.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #280 on: June 12, 2016, 07:41:39 PM »

Conspiracies don't work that way.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #281 on: June 12, 2016, 08:12:14 PM »

Given the fact that Green was given repeated slaps on the wrist for repeatedly kicking opponents in the groin and elsewhere, I would say LeBron's penalty was about right.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #282 on: June 12, 2016, 08:55:52 PM »

Conspiracies don't work that way.

When the fuçk did I say anything about a conspiracy?  It was a bad call - how in the he!! do you get a conspiracy out of that?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #283 on: June 12, 2016, 09:13:30 PM »

Then why wasn't Green's situation looked at as a whole and him assigned a technical also?

As for the looking at it as a whole.  That means Lebron was allowed to commit a flagrant foul, follow it up with committing a technical.  Then throw Green down to the ground again (on the rebound) and try to start a fight.  All that warrants a single technical foul.  No flagrants or anything else.

Green, while getting up has his forearm get near Lebron's junk as Lebron tea bags him, and he gets a flagrant.

Yet you don't see anything disproportionately odd about this? 

At the very least, the double foul part of the play should have been upgraded to a flagrant for Lebron, in addition to him being assessed a technical. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #284 on: June 12, 2016, 09:17:01 PM »
Then why wasn't Green's situation looked at as a whole and him assigned a technical also?

As for the looking at it as a whole.  That means Lebron was allowed to commit a flagrant foul, follow it up with committing a technical.  Then throw Green down to the ground again (on the rebound) and try to start a fight.  All that warrants a single technical foul.  No flagrants or anything else.

Green, while getting up has his forearm get near Lebron's junk as Lebron tea bags him, and he gets a flagrant.

Yet you don't see anything disproportionately odd about this? 

No.  I don't think Lebron committed a flagrant foul.  Green punched.

Very simple IMO.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #285 on: June 12, 2016, 09:31:29 PM »

Very simple IMO.

As I mentioned earlier, Green's first flagrant in the playoffs was nearly identical to what Lebron did.  So either they are being inconsistent, or flat out got it wrong the first time with Green.

And Green did not punch.  There is no part whatsoever in the video showing Green punching anyone or anything. 

One last question.  Do you honestly believe if this was flipped they would have given Lebron a flagrant and let him be suspended for game 5?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 10:27:39 PM by forgetful »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #286 on: June 12, 2016, 10:17:36 PM »

Very simple IMO.

Draymond grew a fist out of his upper forearm?! Mad scientists growing body parts where they don't belong must be part of this conspiracy now too.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 10:21:13 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #287 on: June 12, 2016, 10:23:35 PM »
Thank God we have someone to pick up the petty and antagonistic torch in this post-Chicos Scoop world.

brandx

« Reply #288 on: June 12, 2016, 11:00:22 PM »

Wow. You really made up a lot of stuff here.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #289 on: June 12, 2016, 11:29:02 PM »
Wow. You really made up a lot of stuff here.

Did Lebron or did Lebron not shove Green to the ground.  (If we go by the altercation between Green and Beasley in the playoffs).

Did Lebron or did Lebron not then tea-bag Green for which he was assigned a technical.

Did Lebron and or did Lebron not tangle up with Green again on the rebound, where Lebron shoves Green to the ground again.  (This one is almost identical to the Green Beasley flagrant). 

My point is if all of that is viewed as a whole and only amounts to a technical.  Then the Green situation could have and should have been viewed in an analogous light and Green at most assigned a technical.  Not the flagrant that gets him suspended.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #290 on: June 13, 2016, 05:13:50 AM »
Did Lebron or did Lebron not shove Green to the ground.  (If we go by the altercation between Green and Beasley in the playoffs).

Did Lebron or did Lebron not then tea-bag Green for which he was assigned a technical.

Did Lebron and or did Lebron not tangle up with Green again on the rebound, where Lebron shoves Green to the ground again.  (This one is almost identical to the Green Beasley flagrant). 

My point is if all of that is viewed as a whole and only amounts to a technical.  Then the Green situation could have and should have been viewed in an analogous light and Green at most assigned a technical.  Not the flagrant that gets him suspended.

this is exactly the way i see it and i really don't care who wins the NBA championship.  i'm just leaning GS b/c they are exciting as hell to watch.  the scientific method performed by forgetful using his wife as a control(unbiased)observation was perfect.  there is no conspiracy, it's all right out in the open.  i just think everyone's brain works differently.  what strikes me odd is that if lebron truly got "stoned" he didn't flinch one bit.  that is not normal.  any of you guys have experienced this before.  sometimes even the slightest incidental bump can cause you to at least pause for a moment.  lebron...nothing. 
don't...don't don't don't don't

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #291 on: June 13, 2016, 08:21:13 AM »
Draymond grew a fist out of his upper forearm?! Mad scientists growing body parts where they don't belong must be part of this conspiracy now too.

He swung his forearm into his nuts.  Very obvious.  Repeat offender.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #292 on: June 13, 2016, 08:23:50 AM »
As I mentioned earlier, Green's first flagrant in the playoffs was nearly identical to what Lebron did.  So either they are being inconsistent, or flat out got it wrong the first time with Green.

It wasn't "nearly identical."

One last question.  Do you honestly believe if this was flipped they would have given Lebron a flagrant and let him be suspended for game 5?

Yes.  But Lebron isn't that stupid to get into that situation in the first place.

Really Green has no one to blame but himself here.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #293 on: June 13, 2016, 08:43:18 AM »
Thank God we have someone to pick up the petty and antagonistic torch in this post-Chicos Scoop world.

I've been tied up in a new job....Chicos is gone again, what did he do this time?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #294 on: June 13, 2016, 11:34:12 AM »
I've been tied up in a new job....Chicos is gone again, what did he do this time?
Aside from being a very entertaining thread to read that nugget was news to me as well.  My guess would be the 'Ali' thread was the finale. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #295 on: June 13, 2016, 05:46:13 PM »
Heard something today on the radio that I though was fascinating. Every NBA champion since the mid 50s has had at least one top five draft pick on the roster. Now in some cases that player was a role player (Lamar Odom, Bobby Jones), but most of them were the stars.

GSW has Andrew Bogut.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #296 on: June 13, 2016, 08:12:33 PM »
Foul

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #297 on: June 13, 2016, 08:56:30 PM »
Watch what they let Cleveland get away with in regards to Curry.  No player is held, pushed, hit more than him off the ball and nothing called...

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 09:01:21 PM by forgetful »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #298 on: June 13, 2016, 08:58:18 PM »
Watch what they let Cleveland get away with in regards to Curry.  No player is held, pushed, hit more than him off the ball and nothing called...

Yet he isn't a whiny little b&^tch about it like the princess.

Now that Chicos is gone, are you and Sultan the new Chicos and Lenny.  Need to get a room fellas.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #299 on: June 13, 2016, 09:00:53 PM »
Now that Chicos is gone, are you and Sultan the new Chicos and Lenny.  Need to get a room fellas.

I'm sorry Real Chili.  The second line was absolutely unnecessary.  It has been removed.

On a different note.  Van Gundy is about as likeable as a spike studded thong.