[Today at 06:44:09 PM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 03:08:45 PM]

Oso Article by Herman Cain
[Today at 10:31:08 AM]

More conference realignment talk by WhiteTrash
[June 21, 2024, 09:02:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Warriors vs Cavaliers II  (Read 24800 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Warriors vs Cavaliers II
« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2016, 09:17:21 PM »
Can you provide some logic to justify Lebron being better in game 3 and 4; and/or logic to justify Lebron bring the ball up not stagnating the offense, beside Lebron is the greatest and you not believing it.

I provided some logic. 

I also admit bias against Lebron, you have not admitted a bias towards him not ever having fault.

I said he was at fault earlier in the topic.  I hardly claim he is perfect but he is hardly what ills the Cavs.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #226 on: June 11, 2016, 10:47:41 PM »

I said he was at fault earlier in the topic.  I hardly claim he is perfect but he is hardly what ills the Cavs.

I must of missed it.  But lets be clear.  I'm not saying it was all Lebron's fault.  He is the veteran star though, he needs to lead.

I also think he needs to learn to play off the ball.  The Cavs would be far better (but really need a Jason Kidd/John Stockton/Nash type of pass first PG).

Lebron and Irving are both stars, but do not work well together.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #227 on: June 11, 2016, 10:59:14 PM »

What I'm really commenting on is the absurd moving screens (often just pushing a guy with two hands), the offensive fouls (shoving off with the forearm), and off the ball fouls (e.g. grabbing, holding, pushing a cutter) in todays game.

I am not down with your conspiracies or your obvious LeBron hate, but I agree ENTIRELY with this.

It's not just the playoffs, either. The NBA totally allows moving screens now. And, as you say, it's not just a little hip check. These guys clear out the defensive player, drive them backward with both hands. Draymond Green does this pretty much every time. I watch a lot of Hornets games, and Al Jefferson sets every screen by pushing out with both arms.

What's really funny is when, once every two or three games, an offensive foul is called. The player can't freakin' believe it. And who can blame him? He's done the clear-out 100 times but then gets called for doing the exact same thing the 101st time.

It would be kind of OK if it were just in the NBA, but it has filtered down to college and even high school. Although it's worse and more egregious than ever, it isn't a brand new phenomenon, either. James Augustine could have gotten called for about 200 moving screens the year the Illini went to the title game.

I ref younger kids (mostly 9-13 year olds) and I call the moving screens every single time. The kids never think they do it and neither do their coaches ... because they watch too much NBA and college ball!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #228 on: June 12, 2016, 10:25:15 AM »

wadesworld

• All American
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #230 on: June 12, 2016, 11:13:56 AM »
No. No.

+2

I can't read the insider story, but I love how many of the clips I've seen start after LeBron throws Green to the ground with his left arm.  The play should have been whistled dead two or three seconds before this ever happened.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 11:20:06 AM by GooooMarquette »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #231 on: June 12, 2016, 12:28:37 PM »
The Cavs offense at the end reverted back to the "spread the floor and go one-on-one" crap that hasn't worked for them all series.  I don't know if they do that because they are gassed, or because they actually think that's going to work despite the fact that it really hasn't.

I was driving my wife crazy yelling at the TV about this.  How can a bunch of highly paid professional athletes revert to something that so clearly does not work?  At all.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #232 on: June 12, 2016, 12:47:15 PM »
I am not down with your conspiracies or your obvious LeBron hate, but I agree ENTIRELY with this.

It's not just the playoffs, either. The NBA totally allows moving screens now. And, as you say, it's not just a little hip check. These guys clear out the defensive player, drive them backward with both hands. Draymond Green does this pretty much every time. I watch a lot of Hornets games, and Al Jefferson sets every screen by pushing out with both arms.

What's really funny is when, once every two or three games, an offensive foul is called. The player can't freakin' believe it. And who can blame him? He's done the clear-out 100 times but then gets called for doing the exact same thing the 101st time.

It would be kind of OK if it were just in the NBA, but it has filtered down to college and even high school. Although it's worse and more egregious than ever, it isn't a brand new phenomenon, either. James Augustine could have gotten called for about 200 moving screens the year the Illini went to the title game.

I ref younger kids (mostly 9-13 year olds) and I call the moving screens every single time. The kids never think they do it and neither do their coaches ... because they watch too much NBA and college ball!

a big big THANK YOU for also noting the "aggressive" play and non-calls.  accordingly, you should just stop watching and go knit some mittens or something.  what's with the players taking 3 steps as they come forward to receive a pass?  i'v seen it regularly in the NBA and now college.  i haven't seen enough H.S. hoops recently to state the same.  and, so much for giving a guy inbounding the ball during a press 3 feet.  my point is, if it's the rule, call it.  just as they will SOMETIMES, but rarely make the call when the player inbounding the ball after a made basket steps over the line...o.k. back to my matching doile project
don't...don't don't don't don't

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #233 on: June 12, 2016, 01:21:06 PM »
Well, the NBA does want to extend this thing out...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #234 on: June 12, 2016, 01:32:40 PM »

I find it hard for anyone to say that the NBA doesn't rig things in light of this.  There was zero reason for Green to be given a flagrant and suspended for this game. 

Even if they were to upgrade it, why not a technical...because only a flagrant gets him suspended.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:36:44 PM by forgetful »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #235 on: June 12, 2016, 01:34:02 PM »

Selfishly, I hope this fame series ends tomorrow. Work has been just awful with the NBA playoffs. I never knew there were so many people from Northern California that moved to Chicago this past year.  ::)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:49:50 PM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #236 on: June 12, 2016, 01:35:05 PM »
No. No.

@sportscenter. BREAKING: Draymond Green has been assessed Flagrant Foul 1 for actions in Game 4 & will be suspended for Game 5.

----

How much does this matter?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #237 on: June 12, 2016, 01:47:42 PM »
@sportscenter. BREAKING: Draymond Green has been assessed Flagrant Foul 1 for actions in Game 4 & will be suspended for Game 5.

----

How much does this matter?

For the NBA?  A lot.  It gives them hope that the Cavs can win tomorrow, then go home and they could win there.  Then the NBA gets their 7 game Finals instead of the 5 it would be.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #238 on: June 12, 2016, 02:04:51 PM »
I find it hard for anyone to say that the NBA doesn't rig things in light of this.  There was zero reason for Green to be given a flagrant and suspended for this game. 

Even if they were to upgrade it, why not a technical...because only a flagrant gets him suspended.

Maybe he should stop hitting players in the nuts.

Or it's a conspiracy.

Whatever.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #239 on: June 12, 2016, 02:08:45 PM »

Maybe he should stop hitting players in the nuts.

Or it's a conspiracy.

Whatever.

He didn't hit a player in the nuts.  He got pushed to the ground, stepped over, and then did essentially what every Cavs player does on every offensive rebound opportunity they have.

Delly hits Iggy in the nuts and that's just a common foul.  Draymond stands up while LeBron is walking over him after shoving him to the ground and Draymond gets a flagrant foul for "hitting him in the nuts" (which he didn't).  Makes sense.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 02:12:04 PM by wadesworld »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #240 on: June 12, 2016, 02:15:07 PM »
He didn't hit a player in the nuts.  He got pushed to the ground, stepped over, and then did essentially what every Cavs player does on every offensive rebound opportunity they have.

Delly hits Iggy in the nuts and that's just a common foul.  Draymond stands up while LeBron is walking over him after shoving him to the ground and Draymond gets a flagrant foul for "hitting him in the nuts" (which he didn't).  Makes sense.

He hit him in the nuts. 

James rightfully gets a technical for stepping over him.  Green responds by hitting him in the groin.  Pretty obvious to those without bias.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/06/11/draymond-green-lebron-james-punch-groin/

reinko

• All American
« Reply #241 on: June 12, 2016, 02:43:32 PM »
He didn't get suspended for this specific act to Bron's penis and balls,  but rather because this was 4th flagrant foul in 3 weeks,  and thus the appropriate and league/union mandated punishment is a 1 game suspension.

The guy who is repeatedly attacts other players penis and balls is a hero,  while the dude who fills up the scoresheet night in and night out,  a top 10 of all NBA talent,  zero personal issues,  good dad and husband, is a clown and overrated to a certain subset of this board.   Just comical.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #242 on: June 12, 2016, 02:44:46 PM »
i've watched that replay every which way and i just do not see green hitting lebron in the stones.  if anything lebron should have been nailed with a flagrantl-end of story.  if they are trying to refer to green bumping into lebrons stuff on his way to get up, that was soooo incidental for God's sake. 

for examples of one getting hit in their nether regions, replay dellevedova's crank on iguodala's boys-that was nasty.  green's?  bad bad call.  i do admit green wears everything on his sleeves and he needs to do a little more self control.  i think if you need to watch a replay dozens of times in super slo-mo from 15 different angles to see if(and he did not) he brushed up against lebrons junk is rediculous

NBA's true colors are showing   
don't...don't don't don't don't

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #243 on: June 12, 2016, 02:47:55 PM »
He didn't get suspended for this specific act to Bron's penis and balls,  but rather because this was 4th flagrant foul in 3 weeks,  and thus the appropriate and league/union mandated punishment is a 1 game suspension.

The guy who is repeatedly attacts other players penis and balls is a hero,  while the dude who fills up the scoresheet night in and night out,  a top 10 of all NBA talent,  zero personal issues,  good dad and husband, is a clown and overrated to a certain subset of this board.   Just comical.

Lol.  The bolded is beyond false.  More like "The guy who has a great PR group around him" and we may agree.  He is definitely a clown.  I think you have maybe 1 person on Scoop calling him overrated?

Draymond Green stood up while LeBron was intentionally stepping over him so that's "hitting him in the balls."  New to me, but I think I got it.  I'll keep that one in mind.

Again, where is the flagrant 1 for Delly hitting Iggy's "penis and balls?"  Guessing we'll avoid that question again.  Comical.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 02:49:43 PM by wadesworld »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #244 on: June 12, 2016, 02:50:57 PM »
i've watched that replay every which way and i just do not see green hitting lebron in the stones.  if anything lebron should have been nailed with a flagrantl-end of story.  if they are trying to refer to green bumping into lebrons stuff on his way to get up, that was soooo incidental for God's sake. 

for examples of one getting hit in their nether regions, replay dellevedova's crank on iguodala's boys-that was nasty.  green's?  bad bad call.  i do admit green wears everything on his sleeves and he needs to do a little more self control.  i think if you need to watch a replay dozens of times in super slo-mo from 15 different angles to see if(and he did not) he brushed up against lebrons junk is rediculous

NBA's true colors are showing

Exactly.  Nailed it.  If there is ANYTHING CLOSE to a flagrant foul on the play (there isn't) it's LeBron throwing Green down.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #245 on: June 12, 2016, 02:51:08 PM »

He hit him in the nuts. 

James rightfully gets a technical for stepping over him.  Green responds by hitting him in the groin.  Pretty obvious to those without bias.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/06/11/draymond-green-lebron-james-punch-groin/

Yep,  Watched the video.  I would argue that anyone without bias says he didn't hit him in the nuts.  He tries to push him away...as is a natural instinct when someone is tea-bagging you.  If its a technical for stepping over him, it is at most a technical for pushing him away...not a flagrant.

The only reason to call a flagrant there is if the goal it to suspend Green. 

And as Wade says.  If it is a flagrant for what Green did, then it was a flagrant for Delly way more clearly hitting Iggy in the nuts. 

If you want to find a historical play.  Pippen dunking over Ewing.  Pippen intentionally steps over Ewing.  Ewing punches him in the nuts and ass. 

Pippen assesed a technical.  Ewing nothing.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #246 on: June 12, 2016, 02:52:14 PM »
Lol.  The bolded is beyond false.  More like "The guy who has a great PR group around him" and we may agree.  He is definitely a clown.  I think you have maybe 1 person on Scoop calling him overrated?

Draymond Green stood up while LeBron was intentionally stepping over him so that's "hitting him in the balls."  New to me, but I think I got it.  I'll keep that one in mind.

Again, where is the flagrant 1 for Delly hitting Iggy's "penis and balls?"  Guessing we'll avoid that question again.  Comical.

And even I have made it clear that by over-rated I mean not top 5 all time, but more in the 10-15 range. 

reinko

• All American
« Reply #247 on: June 12, 2016, 02:53:47 PM »

If you don't see DG giving an extra flale to his arm as LBJ stepped over him,  I honestly don't know what to say.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #248 on: June 12, 2016, 02:58:24 PM »
If you don't see DG giving an extra flale to his arm as LBJ stepped over him,  I honestly don't know what to say.

But again, I guess Delly didn't hit Iggy's nuts...

Lol.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #249 on: June 12, 2016, 03:01:25 PM »
Yep,  Watched the video.  I would argue that anyone without bias says he didn't hit him in the nuts.  He tries to push him away...as is a natural instinct when someone is tea-bagging you.  If its a technical for stepping over him, it is at most a technical for pushing him away...not a flagrant.

The only reason to call a flagrant there is if the goal it to suspend Green.

He hit him in the nuts.

You and wades are reaching Nersian levels of ignorance on this topic. 

feedback