[Today at 06:44:09 PM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 03:08:45 PM]

Oso Article by Herman Cain
[Today at 10:31:08 AM]

More conference realignment talk by WhiteTrash
[June 21, 2024, 09:02:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Warriors vs Cavaliers II  (Read 24802 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Warriors vs Cavaliers II
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2016, 09:39:31 PM »
https://twitter.com/bkoo/status/740729867155574784

So rigged that they have rendered their primary product non competitive.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2016, 09:47:49 PM »

Just when you make a few good points, you drop this.

My statement is over the top.  Yes.  I was grossly exaggerating the situation.  But if you are watching this game and think any aspect of it is officiated equally you are as delusional as my previous post. 

It reminds me of the Kobe (lakers) days.  They were going to do everything physically possible to make sure the Lakers got titles. 

Funny thing is, Cleveland would be winning regardless of officiating.  It is just making it a bad game to watch.

(I have a bad habit of using over the top language; I don't actually mean the extremes that the words suggest).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 09:51:39 PM by forgetful »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2016, 09:52:10 PM »
Please. The game has been reffed fine. You NBA tin foil hatters amaze me. It's almost like people don't watch the game.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2016, 09:54:51 PM »
That was incredible

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2016, 09:56:24 PM »
Cadavers showing some life tonight.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2016, 09:57:32 PM »
That was incredible

Definitely agree.  Very impressive.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #156 on: June 08, 2016, 09:59:45 PM »
Kinda reminds me of my runaway one handed dunk in the Rec center in 1981.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #157 on: June 08, 2016, 09:59:52 PM »
Definitely agree.  Very impressive.

What did I miss?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #158 on: June 08, 2016, 10:01:02 PM »
Monster dunk by James.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2016, 10:01:23 PM »
Please. The game has been reffed fine. You NBA tin foil hatters amaze me. It's almost like people don't watch the game.

I think people like you that watch the NBA a lot, and have watched it as a big fan for many years are oblivious to the absurdity of NBA officiating.  You just see it as normal and correct.

To people that are lifelong basketball players first, and college fans second and only casual NBA fans, we observe how poorly and unbalanced the officiating often is in the NBA.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #160 on: June 08, 2016, 10:02:18 PM »
What did I miss?

Alley-oop to James.  Think the famous Grant Hill alley-oop where he has to grab the ball from behind his head two feet above the rim and still somehow dunk it.

brandx

« Reply #161 on: June 08, 2016, 10:04:08 PM »
I think people like you that watch the NBA a lot, and have watched it as a big fan for many years are oblivious to the absurdity of NBA officiating.  You just see it as normal and correct.

To people that are lifelong basketball players first, and college fans second and only casual NBA fans, we observe how poorly and unbalanced the officiating often is in the NBA.

You're way, way off on this.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2016, 10:07:38 PM »

I watch all forms of basketball. The reffing is different in the NBA. They allow more contact in general. That doesn't make it rigged. Not even close.

In fact I think NBA reffing is BY FAR more consistent than any other level of basketball.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #163 on: June 08, 2016, 10:18:52 PM »
You're way, way off on this.

Remember, an ex-NBA official admitted that the NBA headquarters direct them to favor certain teams or players.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2016, 10:36:38 PM »

I watch all forms of basketball. The reffing is different in the NBA. They allow more contact in general. That doesn't make it rigged. Not even close.

In fact I think NBA reffing is BY FAR more consistent than any other level of basketball.

I can't believe anyone can say this with a straight face.  Look at just Lebron (its not just him).  He shoves off on every play.  Any other player in the NBA and those are offensive fouls.

Not for a star (Curry would likely get the same benefit of the doubt).  But if you even touch Lebron when he's driving, he's shooting FTs.  Same play, but Lebon on the D, and no call.

The star treatment in the NBA is what got me to quit watching during the regular season.  Games were just too painful.  Great entertainment if you weren't looking for pure basketball.

Again, this is just my opinion.  The NBA is not for all fans. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #165 on: June 08, 2016, 10:46:32 PM »
The NBA, where the greatest basketball is played, is not for all fans.

Just for fans that appreciate the sport played at the highest level.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #166 on: June 08, 2016, 11:12:24 PM »
Kinda reminds me of my runaway one handed dunk in the Rec center in 1981.

I see what you did there.

brandx

« Reply #167 on: June 08, 2016, 11:51:20 PM »
Wonder if the Cavs will hire someone to go all Tonya Harding on Kevin Love.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #168 on: June 09, 2016, 08:39:49 AM »
Remember, an ex-NBA official admitted that the NBA headquarters direct them to favor certain teams or players.

You mean the ex-NBA official that was sent to prison for betting on games?  The one who's conspiracy story was corroborated by no one else?

Yeah.  Run with that.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #169 on: June 09, 2016, 08:41:49 AM »
I can't believe anyone can say this with a straight face.  Look at just Lebron (its not just him).  He shoves off on every play.  Any other player in the NBA and those are offensive fouls.

That's simply inaccurate. 

You are admitting you are only a casual fan, yet you are making statements like you watch the game often. 

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #170 on: June 09, 2016, 10:19:58 AM »
My statement is over the top.  Yes.  I was grossly exaggerating the situation.  But if you are watching this game and think any aspect of it is officiated equally you are as delusional as my previous post. 

It reminds me of the Kobe (lakers) days.  They were going to do everything physically possible to make sure the Lakers got titles. 

Funny thing is, Cleveland would be winning regardless of officiating.  It is just making it a bad game to watch.

(I have a bad habit of using over the top language; I don't actually mean the extremes that the words suggest).

Of course the NBA will fix things so that it goes at least 6 games

brandx

« Reply #171 on: June 09, 2016, 04:59:32 PM »
I am fascinated by the fact that no one is going after Curry for his 3 terrible games in a row.

Can you imagine what a couple of our posters would be saying if Lebron played three consecutive games like that in the Finals? Heck, can you imagine the haters if he played three in a row like that during the regular season?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #172 on: June 09, 2016, 05:01:46 PM »
I am fascinated by the fact that no one is going after Curry for his 3 terrible games in a row.

Can you imagine what a couple of our posters would be saying if Lebron played three consecutive games like that in the Finals? Heck, can you imagine the haters if he played three in a row like that during the regular season?

Yuppppppp

MU82

• All American
« Reply #173 on: June 09, 2016, 05:11:02 PM »
forgetful:

So, you believe the NBA actually wanted the Spurs to win 5 titles and to be the most dominant team of the last generation?

brand:

Such a great point about Curry. My son and I were talking about just this today. LeBron would be getting KILLED for anything close to that kind of performance. It's not just the lack of scoring. He looks lost out there. The turnovers! I actually HOPE he's hurt, because otherwise ... yikes!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #174 on: June 09, 2016, 05:13:31 PM »
It's rigged for Lebron.

It's not rigged for Curry.

feedback