[Today at 05:20:30 PM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by MU82
[Today at 04:45:05 PM]

Kolek to go undrafted? by burger
[Today at 04:42:24 PM]

Media Rights Update by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:37:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Warriors vs Cavaliers II  (Read 24840 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Warriors vs Cavaliers II
« Reply #425 on: June 17, 2016, 10:56:49 PM »
Yea, but LeBron is such a douche and the entire Warriors team and everyone associated with them are such classy individuals.  ::)

Honestly, I haven't heard crap about this, Steph throwing his mouth piece or Klay leaving the court early a la, the bad boy Pistons.

What does one have to do with the other? Why can't one or both be douches?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #426 on: June 18, 2016, 09:29:32 AM »
Let me start by saying I really, really like watching Curry play, I think he's a hell of a talent and he seems to be a really nice guy.

Now, let me add that had LeBron acted like a whiny little b---- the way Steph did throughout the game, and had LeBron thrown his mouthguard into the crowd for a T with his team still in the game, LeBron would have been absolutely crucified by the media (not to mention the multitude of clueless haters).

And forgetful ...

The announcers only said the 4th and 6th fouls were "tough calls," which is different than bad calls. What they meant is that Steph didn't get the "star treatment" he is used to, especially on No. 6. The only one they really railed against was the reach-in when stealing from Irving (the 5th foul), and even that one they acknowledged that Steph held Irving before committing the foul. (Steph does a TON of grabbing because he is a positionally poor defender.) And Irving was called for almost the exact same foul earlier in the game (and didn't care for the call).

Van Gundy also said the refs made a "great no-call" when Curry tried to draw a foul on a 3-pointer by sticking out his leg. Curry whined and whined about that one for about 2 minutes -- even as the Cavs were coming back up court with the ball.

Again, I like Steph a lot, but he really lost his cool in a huge game tonight.

Mark Jackson quietly took Klay to task for leaving to go to the locker room before the game ended. Again, LeBron would have been roundly ripped (and deservedly so) for doing that in a similar situation.

Finally ... Draymond Green ... declaring that the Warriors  would have won if he played Game 5 ... effen hilarious.

Did he not play in Game 3 (blowout loss) and Game 6 (blowout loss)? Did he not play in the three losses to OKC, a couple of which he was dreadful? He's a good all-around player and obviously an "energy guy," but he's hardly an unbeatable force.

The guy who has been the best player in the world for a decade now has been the best player in this series -- and by a pretty wide margin.

Crap, LeBron threw 5 or 6 passes today that only the best PGs in history could have thrown. The blocked shots. The 41 points for the second straight game, including several beat-the-shot-clock buckets when GS was rallying.

Today's basketball fans are lucky to have gotten to watch this amazing athlete play.

If the Warriors were still in the game before Curry got T'd up then they were still in the game after he was T'd up. The T meant absolutely nothing to the outcome of the game. Curry had already fouled out so it's not like that took him out of the game and ruined their chances that way, the Cavs had the ball so it's not like they lost possession there, so the Cavs got one, single free throw out of it. That didn't swing the game from the Warriors being right there to an insurmountable lead.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #427 on: June 18, 2016, 11:32:14 AM »
For as many lopsided games as there have been, this has been a great series.

Regarding star players losing their cool - LBJ lost it big time late in game 4, then came back with huge performances in games 5 and 6.  He deserves a lot of credit for that.  Steph really lost it last night - it will be interesting to see if he can step it up on Sunday like LBJ did.

Memorable teams have to have memorable rivals to overcome.  Game 7 will be interesting

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #428 on: June 18, 2016, 12:39:03 PM »
  Memorable teams have to have memorable rivals to overcome.  Game 7 will be interesting

Agree. One of my favorite things about the Showtime Lakers was their rivalry with the Celtics. They played three times in a four year period in the 1980s (84, 85 and 87), and they went six games once and seven games twice, with the Lakers winning two out of the three series.

Perhaps someday we will be looking back at the Cavaliers and Warriors in a similar way.

Vegasbaby

• Walk-On
« Reply #429 on: June 18, 2016, 12:44:42 PM »
Lololololol. He's creating his own fan club now!

I am a fan.  He's been a friend for 20 years.  Count me in supporting him also.  In Vegas this weekend and tried to get him and his wife to come meet us.  We have done the Vegas routine with them several times. 

He told me he really was banned.  We do not always agree on politics, but he should be here.  I am afraid to even use my regular username because it will be blacklisted here, and that is why I will use the hotel's ip instead for this weekend. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #430 on: June 18, 2016, 01:29:37 PM »
I am a fan.  He's been a friend for 20 years.  Count me in supporting him also.  In Vegas this weekend and tried to get him and his wife to come meet us.  We have done the Vegas routine with them several times. 

He told me he really was banned.  We do not always agree on politics, but he should be here.  I am afraid to even use my regular username because it will be blacklisted here, and that is why I will use the hotel's ip instead for this weekend. 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brandx

« Reply #431 on: June 18, 2016, 02:12:23 PM »
Jordan is the only player who is an obvious, no-brainer pick as being better than LeBron.

One certainly could make good arguments for Magic, Russell and a handful of others mentioned earlier in this thread, but nobody -- not even Jordan or Oscar Robertson -- has been as great at as many things as LeBron is.

You're right. I think he has made an excellent case for being #2 all-time. I don't know for sure that I would put him ahead of Kareem, but I don't discount putting him there either.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #432 on: June 18, 2016, 05:17:00 PM »
If the Warriors were still in the game before Curry got T'd up then they were still in the game after he was T'd up. The T meant absolutely nothing to the outcome of the game. Curry had already fouled out so it's not like that took him out of the game and ruined their chances that way, the Cavs had the ball so it's not like they lost possession there, so the Cavs got one, single free throw out of it. That didn't swing the game from the Warriors being right there to an insurmountable lead.

Fair points, wades.

The air completely went out of the balloon after Curry lost his cool, but maybe it would have anyway.

For the record, I thought the fine he received was appropriate but thought Kerr should have been fined more. And I actually know Kerr a little bit and consider him one of the real good guys in sports. Not only did he rip the refs -- which was as much for Game 7 as anything -- but he stated he was a proponent of Curry's reaction. No NBA coach should say that it's a good thing to hurl equipment into the stands.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #433 on: June 18, 2016, 06:14:22 PM »
Fair points, wades.

The air completely went out of the balloon after Curry lost his cool, but maybe it would have anyway.

For the record, I thought the fine he received was appropriate but thought Kerr should have been fined more. And I actually know Kerr a little bit and consider him one of the real good guys in sports. Not only did he rip the refs -- which was as much for Game 7 as anything -- but he stated he was a proponent of Curry's reaction. No NBA coach should say that it's a good thing to hurl equipment into the stands.

It shouldn't have happened, but I don't think it changed the outcome of the game.  The game basically continued the same way it had gone before that.  Cavs go on a huge run to take a big lead, Warriors chip away to cut it to just barely single digits, Cavs make another big run.  Curry would've needed to get incredibly hot over the last 4 minutes to make a real run at the Cavs...but that was his 6th foul anyway, which is why he lost his cool.  I understand his frustration because every time he tries to change directions off the ball he is being grabbed and pulled at by 2 defenders, and then he is trying to run out of a 6'9", 250 lb guy's way and gets called for his 6th foul.  He shouldn't have thrown the mouth guard, but after his 10 second meltdown he handled it pretty well actually.  Even the guy he hit with the mouth guard (who is the son of a Cavs minority owner) said he apologized and was really polite.  That doesn't make it okay, but I don't think that event took away the Warriors chance to win the game.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #434 on: June 18, 2016, 07:03:02 PM »

Chicos you are pathological. 

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #435 on: June 18, 2016, 08:01:50 PM »

I do enjoy all of Chicos' close friends that pop up out of nowhere after he gets banned.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #436 on: June 18, 2016, 08:08:20 PM »
i absolutely loved that movie, "catch me if you can"!  coming soon- part II,  leavin las vegas baby!
felz Houston ate uncle boozie's hands

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #437 on: June 18, 2016, 09:00:15 PM »
Free Chicos 2016
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #438 on: June 18, 2016, 09:16:16 PM »
Nah.   There aren't a lot of rules around here.   He continually flaunted the few the moderators have.   He really left them no choice.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #439 on: June 18, 2016, 09:37:46 PM »
I will miss Chicos about as much as I miss the stye I had removed from my right eyelid last year.

I like to have conversations. I don't like to be agitated by name-dropping know-it-alls who argue for the sake of arguing.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #440 on: June 18, 2016, 09:39:38 PM »
We're the only "friends" he's got - even though most of us can't stand the guy.

What a life >:(

Agreed. Hope the mods considered this very carefully before taking action. Its obvious this board is a huge part of his life (as weird as that sounds) and its possible that losing it may cause him to really go off the deep end.

Vegasbaby

• Walk-On
« Reply #441 on: June 18, 2016, 09:47:35 PM »

He sent a note out to many of us that he was banned. Wished us the best.  Doesn't surprise me that you weren't on the list.

4ever, Rocket, probably 30 others were.   Your response is to label anyone that signs up as him.

Talk about pathological

Vegasbaby

• Walk-On
« Reply #442 on: June 18, 2016, 09:51:18 PM »
I will miss Chicos about as much as I miss the stye I had removed from my right eyelid last year.

I like to have conversations. I don't like to be agitated by name-dropping know-it-alls who argue for the sake of arguing.

You and I are more aligned politically then I am with Chicos.  Yet I typically find your presentation below par.  You are passive aggressive, much like Chicos is, but you play this pretend game of innocence without owning your actions or your remarks.   The times you call people liars is inexcusable, especially when you are wrong.  Terrible on your part, but all too often one of your traits. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #443 on: June 18, 2016, 10:43:44 PM »
Agreed. Hope the mods considered this very carefully before taking action. Its obvious this board is a huge part of his life (as weird as that sounds) and its possible that losing it may cause him to really go off the deep end.

coming from an expert-nice.  what do they call this?  projection or something like that?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #444 on: June 18, 2016, 10:54:45 PM »
You and I are more aligned politically then I am with Chicos.  Yet I typically find your presentation below par.  You are passive aggressive, much like Chicos is, but you play this pretend game of innocence without owning your actions or your remarks.   The times you call people liars is inexcusable, especially when you are wrong.  Terrible on your part, but all too often one of your traits.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Chicos is getting around this week.  Oregon one day, Vegas the next.  What personal friend celebs might he be visiting?  And where will he be tomorrow?

Vegasbaby

• Walk-On
« Reply #445 on: June 18, 2016, 10:59:08 PM »

He is a massive MU fan, unlike you. 

He took me to a Super Bowl probably 4 or 5 years ago.  What an experience that was.  At the ESPN and Playboys parties he introduced me to a number of celebs.  He isn't hurting for friends, the guy had more people coming up to him than most.

If the alcohol is talking, I am sorry.  105 here today, and I have been pounding drinks for most of the day. 

Free chicos

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #446 on: June 18, 2016, 11:04:09 PM »

He took me to a Super Bowl probably 4 or 5 years ago.  What an experience that was.  At the ESPN and Playboys parties he introduced me to a number of celebs.  He isn't hurting for friends, the guy had more people coming up to him than most.

If the alcohol is talking, I am sorry.  105 here today, and I have been pounding drinks for most of the day. 

Free chicos

To quote a wise man : "Chicos STFU". Only Chicos would go to Vegas and "pound drinks" and post 10 times in one day to a college basketball message board.

brandx

« Reply #447 on: June 19, 2016, 12:18:32 AM »

This post is absolute proof of who this is. Sounds very similar to a PM that he sent to me.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #448 on: June 19, 2016, 01:21:05 AM »

Free chicos

What. A. Guy.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #449 on: June 19, 2016, 05:29:25 AM »
Hey Boo Boo, now that your buddy's gone, does that make you number one bigot around here?

news flash mutation-we got rid of the POLITICS a few weeks ago !!  NO POLITICS!  can't you follow the rules?

keep projecting dude-you still add nothing to this board so you might as well find one of your legal beagal boards where you guys hang out because you are going to go buh-bye pretty soon.  you haven't added anything positive nor substantive since you've been here.