[September 27, 2024, 09:25:40 PM]

[Cracked Sidewalks] Dayton Preview by tower912
[September 27, 2024, 04:52:28 PM]

Starting line ups/rotations 24-25 by tower912
[September 27, 2024, 03:11:39 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Billy Hoyle
[September 27, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: ESPN fires Curt Schilling  (Read 9772 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: ESPN fires Curt Schilling
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2016, 11:39:54 AM »
Do you remember Rob Parker from ESPN? He was a black guy, so yes a MINORITY, who was fired for his comments ON AIR regarding RG3's "blackness". It was the rant where he called RG3 a "cornball brother".

Shame on you for trying to poke holes in Chicos' 14,345-part  "conspiracy against white Christian males" series.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2016, 03:33:49 AM »
Do you remember Rob Parker from ESPN? He was a black guy, so yes a MINORITY, who was fired for his comments ON AIR regarding RG3's "blackness". It was the rant where he called RG3 a "cornball brother".

Rob Parker....LOL.   No one remembers Parker because he was such a non entity.  He was also suspended for those remarks...and weeks later a settlement not to return.

So your example was not very good.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2016, 09:02:15 AM »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2016, 09:07:08 AM »
Hold on.

So ESPN has suspended people with all sorts of political beliefs for expressing them on air or through social media, including Schilling.  But since Schilling was fired for being a "repeat offender," this is an example of bias?

Your victimization has once again clouded the ability of your brain to process logic.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2016, 09:23:25 AM »
Hold on.

So ESPN has suspended people with all sorts of political beliefs for expressing them on air or through social media, including Schilling.  But since Schilling was fired for being a "repeat offender," this is an example of bias?

Your victimization has once again clouded the ability of your brain to process logic.

Excuse me, but as stated before, some of those "suspended" did far worse and were also repeat offenders, but didn't get fired.

No victimization, you continue to use that word incorrectly.  Its showing hypocrisy in how the network reacts.

But hey, the stock is back to $105, and I'm a big investor....so I'm happy....see, no victim. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2016, 09:54:32 AM »
Y'all don't know what it's like
Being male, middle-class and white

(Schilling probably isn't middle-class, though he did blow tens of millions of dollars on idiotic investments that drove him to bankruptcy.)

reinko

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2016, 10:29:22 AM »
Y'all don't know what it's like
Being male, middle-class and white

(Schilling probably isn't middle-class, though he did blow tens of millions of dollars on idiotic investments that drove him to bankruptcy.)

Deadspin has a treasure trove of 38 Studio's articles.  The guy is a stupid, snakeoil salesman, who is gutter trash, and blames all of his problem on BIG GOVERNMENT.  He is everything is what is wrong with America.  That dude can throw himself down a well.

http://deadspin.com/tag/38-studios

CTWarrior

• All American
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

brandx

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2016, 01:27:26 PM »
Deadspin has a treasure trove of 38 Studio's articles.  The guy is a stupid, snakeoil salesman, who is gutter trash, and blames all of his problem on BIG GOVERNMENT.  He is everything is what is wrong with America.  That dude can throw himself down a well.

http://deadspin.com/tag/38-studios

The same big government that he begs for money for his snake oil deals.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2016, 08:29:35 PM »
Big government is only bad if the other guy is in favor of it, doncha know!

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2016, 09:02:29 PM »
ESPN's hypocrisy

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/434404/espn-fires-curt-schilling-hypocrisy-liberal-media

"ESPN is openly progressive, celebrating every advance of the sexual revolution, and it has been wildly inconsistent in its discipline for on-air statements. The network stood by an employee who guffawed as Mike Tyson graphically described a black man raping Sarah Palin in an interview. They failed to discipline another employee who compared Tea Party members to ISIS. They issued only a brief suspension to Stephen A. Smith when he argued that women can “provoke” their own beatings. Critically, each of those incidents occurred on the job and not on personal Facebook postings."
That's because ESPN is ran by Disney who are on the far left. I like Bellings idea of FS1 hiring Kurt Schilling.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:08:41 PM by mupanther »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2016, 10:02:57 AM »
On air media and acting talent has been fired for far less than this.   
The biggest mystery here is how Schilling can be surprised by any of this.  He was fired for thinking it or saying it, but for angrily announcing it to the entire world.  The guy is a sports announcer.  If Captain Kangaroo went on TV and started shouting about his political views, he may also would have been fired.

brandx

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2016, 11:17:35 AM »
That's because ESPN is ran by Disney who are on the far left. I like Bellings idea of FS1 hiring Kurt Schilling.

Would anyone even know if that happened?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2016, 01:30:44 PM »
Someday, white Christian males will get an effen break in this country.

They stopped letting us rape Injun squaws, they took away our slaves, they let our broads vote, they kept Hitler from gassin' all the kikes, they let coloreds ruin our national pastime, they gave a day to that Commie MLK, they made it impossible for the KKK to recruit enough real Americans, they let wetbacks into our colleges, they started paying bitches about the same as men, they let an uppity Negro become president, they wouldn't let Cliven Bundy and his boys steal federal land, and now they fire poor Curt Schilling just for speakin' God's honest truth! It's just been one thing after another.

And I ain't even talked about the War on Christmas yet! If one more a-hole says Happy Holidays after Nov. 1, when Christmas decorations go up everywhere, it's game over!!!

The deck has been stacked against us for so long. Just wait till the revolution starts!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2016, 09:22:05 AM »
Awesome to see 30  for 30 decided to erase history now.  Truly amazing.

I guess history doesn't count.  So stupid.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/espn-cut-curt-schilling-bloody-sock-game-6-30-for-30-red-sox-four-days-in-october

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2016, 09:24:13 AM »

They stopped letting us rape Injun squaws, they took away our slaves, they let our broads vote, they kept Hitler from gassin' all the kikes, they let coloreds ruin our national pastime, they gave a day to that Commie MLK, they made it impossible for the KKK to recruit enough real Americans, they let wetbacks into our colleges, they started paying bitches about the same as men, they let an uppity Negro become president, they wouldn't let Cliven Bundy and his boys steal federal land, and now they fire poor Curt Schilling just for speakin' God's honest truth! It's just been one thing after another.

And I ain't even talked about the War on Christmas yet! If one more a-hole says Happy Holidays after Nov. 1, when Christmas decorations go up everywhere, it's game over!!!

The deck has been stacked against us for so long. Just wait till the revolution starts!

You outdid yourself on that one.

Played the race card multiple times.  Check
Godwin's Hitler reference.  Check
White dudes have it so bad.  Check
Religious freedom.  Check

drewm88

• All American

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2016, 09:59:56 AM »
Nothing to see here.

http://deadspin.com/espn-edited-curt-schilling-out-of-an-airing-of-the-04-r-1774182226

It's a great coincidence that the most important game of that series was the part edited out....LOL

Deadspin...so sad since Gawker bought them.    Maybe Hulk Hogan kills Gawker once and for all...well, actually it is Gawker's own stupidity that is doing that.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2016, 10:10:29 AM »
It's a great coincidence that the most important game of that series was the part edited out....LOL

I suggest you no longer watch ESPN in protest because it apparently you have now become further victimized by them.

Seriously for a guy who complains about others being hairy wet cats, you might be the hairiest, wettest cat on here.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2016, 11:28:40 AM »

Deadspin...so sad since Gawker bought them.    Maybe Hulk Hogan kills Gawker once and for all...well, actually it is Gawker's own stupidity that is doing that.

As a Red Sox fan, I don't think game 6 was any more important than games 4 and 5, where the Red Sox came back against Mariano Rivera both times late or game 7 where they actually won the thing.  I agree it was a douche move to cut game 6 out, though.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2016, 03:06:49 PM »
You outdid yourself on that one.

Played the race card multiple times.  Check
Godwin's Hitler reference.  Check
White dudes have it so bad.  Check
Religious freedom.  Check

Thanks!

brandx

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2016, 03:57:19 PM »

Well done. Sounds like one of my off-the-rails rants.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2016, 07:43:38 PM »
Would anyone even know if that happened?
Sure. Awful Announcing would be on it.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2016, 11:52:15 PM »

I suggest you no longer watch ESPN in protest because it apparently you have now become further victimized by them.

Seriously for a guy who complains about others being hairy wet cats, you might be the hairiest, wettest cat on here.

No, then the terrorists win....besides, I own a lot of Disney stock and I like sports.

I just disagree with their stance here and especially disagree with their hypocrisy and double standards, but I'll watch the ball game just the same.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2016, 11:55:49 PM »
As a Red Sox fan, I don't think game 6 was any more important than games 4 and 5, where the Red Sox came back against Mariano Rivera both times late or game 7 where they actually won the thing.  I agree it was a douche move to cut game 6 out, though.

The most notable phrase in that entire series or playoffs, for that matter, is "bloody sock".  It was a total douche move on their part.   

It was the defining moment.  The Boston Globe called it "the SIGNATURE MOMENT"

feedback