[Today at 12:26:49 AM]

my site phantom wallet login by MU Fan in Connecticut
[June 26, 2024, 04:41:17 PM]

2024-25 Roster by DFW HOYA
[June 26, 2024, 03:15:39 PM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[June 26, 2024, 02:56:18 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 6/15/24  (Read 9023908 times)

jfp61

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 5/15/23
« Reply #34500 on: June 26, 2023, 12:09:14 PM »
Nova just offered and Virginia is also involved……..kid has really blown up.

He was immense at the high school event Western Reserve were at.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #34501 on: June 26, 2023, 12:13:11 PM »
He was immense at the high school event Western Reserve were at.

So, Shaka got to see the young man in question go against Parham and Owens?     Sometimes, the questions answer themselves.    I also think this means Shaka is anticipating losing at least one of his bigs after the 23-24 season.    After two seasons of stocking up on guards with size (and Sean), Shaka is now stocking up on versatile 6'8-9 guys. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #34502 on: June 26, 2023, 12:25:06 PM »
So, Shaka got to see the young man in question go against Parham and Owens?     Sometimes, the questions answer themselves.    I also think this means Shaka is anticipating losing at least one of his bigs after the 23-24 season.    After two seasons of stocking up on guards with size (and Sean), Shaka is now stocking up on versatile 6'8-9 guys.
Actually different event. I thought it was the same. Parham and Owens were at a prep school live period at Blair academy in Jersey, Hodge was at the philly live period.

Close by.

I think we are just recruiting alot of guys that can play the 4 a bit. Abraham, Hodge, and Hill all could. Parham could also play the 4 with a Hill. Parham plays both the 4 and the 5 in EYBL.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #34503 on: June 26, 2023, 12:32:18 PM »
Isaiah Abraham is down to his final four.

Marquette
Providence
Connecticut
Virginia Tech

He's big on the Big East which I guess is a good thing.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #34504 on: June 26, 2023, 12:35:36 PM »
Anyone know how Kon’s unofficial went? It seems like that article had updates but it was behind a paywall
Bring back FFP!!!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #34505 on: June 26, 2023, 12:38:29 PM »
Actually different event. I thought it was the same. Parham and Owens were at a prep school live period at Blair academy in Jersey, Hodge was at the philly live period.

Close by.

I think we are just recruiting alot of guys that can play the 4 a bit. Abraham, Hodge, and Hill all could. Parham could also play the 4 with a Hill. Parham plays both the 4 and the 5 in EYBL.

Mea culpa.  I read it wrong.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #34506 on: June 26, 2023, 12:54:04 PM »
Anyone know how Kon’s unofficial went? It seems like that article had updates but it was behind a paywall

I don't know, but if Duke offers. He should go there and not think about it for a second.

I still think UVA has been the leaders for him this whole time.

I think the goal with MU's recruitment of Kon was always to beat out madison, and be the in state option. He is from a big family, and a good AAU program with great coaches.

He has a the world at his finger tips just by being physical enough for college and  by having elite shooting touch.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #34507 on: June 26, 2023, 12:56:53 PM »
I don't know, but if Duke offers. He should go there and not think about it for a second.

I think the goal with MU's recruitment of Kon was always to beat out madison, and be the in state option. He is from a big family, and a good AAU program with great coaches.

He has a the world at his finger tips just by being physical enough for college and  by having elite shooting touch.

Disagree. Marquette doesn't care about Madison. They care about making Marquette better.

Shaka would never recruit a guy just to keep him from somewhere else.

Also, Duke? Why?
VIOLENCE!

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #34508 on: June 26, 2023, 12:57:16 PM »

So do you think he’s a long shot to go to MU?
Bring back FFP!!!

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #34509 on: June 26, 2023, 12:59:27 PM »
Disagree. Marquette doesn't care about Madison. They care about making Marquette better.

Also, Duke? Why?

It’s one of the top programs in college basketball
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #34510 on: June 26, 2023, 01:00:28 PM »

Also, Duke? Why?

Sure, he would be make Marquette better, I just don't think he was going to either school. I'll be happily wrong if he comes to MU.

Also why Duke? Are you new to college basketball?

Millions of reason$ why you should want to go to Duke, and a real chance to be the face of college basketball.

Are you a human being?

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #34511 on: June 26, 2023, 01:22:54 PM »
So do you think he’s a long shot to go to MU?

Outside Carter Gilmore, who is a walkon at Madision, neither MU nor Wisconsin has taken a player from that EYBL program for one reason or another.

Wojo looked elsewhere. Joey was at Barnstormers.  Joplin played in Adidas for 3D in Minnesota. Shaka's made efforts recently, but he has been behind UVA in line for Bond and Knuppell IMO. Trimble was always going to UNC, his half brother JP Tokoto went their.

Gard burned that bridge by having a tantrum when Herro decommitted.

Long story short, I think Kon goes to UVA or a blue blood. I would love for him to come to Marquette. Marquette is clearly trying to get him, because he is an in state 5 star recruit. But i would be surprised if he came to Marquette.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #34512 on: June 26, 2023, 01:30:26 PM »
Outside Carter Gilmore, who is a walkon at Madision, neither MU nor Wisconsin has taken a player from that EYBL program for one reason or another.

Wojo looked elsewhere. Joey was at Barnstormers.  Joplin played in Adidas for 3D in Minnesota. Shaka's made efforts recently, but he has been behind UVA in line for Bond and Knuppell IMO. Trimble was always going to UNC, his half brother JP Tokoto went their.

Phenom hasn’t been around long, and has had some lean years.

PS - Re Jop, it’s D1 Minnesota
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #34513 on: June 26, 2023, 01:39:21 PM »
Phenom hasn’t been around long, and has had some lean years.

PS - Re Jop, it’s D1 Minnesota
Yep, I don't disagree. Phenom is very thin right now for next year, for an obvious reason IMO.

I forget all of these dang names. 3D Empire is the Texas team Anthony Black was a part of.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #34514 on: June 26, 2023, 11:30:55 PM »
Sure, he would be make Marquette better, I just don't think he was going to either school. I'll be happily wrong if he comes to MU.

Also why Duke? Are you new to college basketball?

Millions of reason$ why you should want to go to Duke, and a real chance to be the face of college basketball.

Are you a human being?

Duke under Scheyer isn't the Duke under coach K.

Sure they could have money, but Kon made it crystal clear that he's not playing somewhere because of money. He wants to play for a team right away that values winning above all else.

I'd be surprised if he went to Duke.
VIOLENCE!

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #34515 on: June 27, 2023, 12:05:32 AM »

Sure they could have money, but Kon made it crystal clear that he's not playing somewhere because of money. He wants to play for a team right away that values winning above all else.

I'm not playing anywhere because of money. That's why my list is a list of power conference schools. Players are only capable to develop at power conference schools. Everyone knows that.

Additionally,  I won't go to Duke basketball because Duke basketball doesn't value winning. Duke basketball only has the 4th most wins of all time. And they changed coaches so they won't win anymore. Their head coach only won 27 games in his first season as the head coach. What a loser. They will only be a top 5 team this year.

I want to go to winning programs. That's why my list contains Wisconsin (20 wins), Ohio State(16 wins), and Louisville(4 wins).

Do you reflect on what you type? Doesn't your own criteria you assigned towards  him still steer him to Duke?

--------

Also, re-read my first message. I said

I said if Duke offers. He should do that. I am 99% sure i would tell any player to go their. It is an undeniable program. It  offers any player anything they could ever want.

ALSO I said UVA is the favorite, because they are. Bennett, and his staff were the first in for him. His AAU program currently have 3 players on that roster. Beekman, Bond, and Rohde. Also Tony Bennett doesn't want to spend time any more time than he has to at Wisconsin High School Live periods. Most coaches would rather watch better basketball.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #34516 on: June 27, 2023, 01:05:15 AM »
Isaiah Abraham is down to his final four.

Marquette
Providence
Connecticut
Virginia Tech

Reading between the lines of that article, feeling those sweet sweet breezes of momentum, getting a commitment within a couple weeks…I feel great about our chances here.

Owens, Parham, Abraham

Then you put all your effort into the Kon Knueppel sweepstakes (with some Sir sprinkles) and you’re looking at what could be an all-time class.

Ben Golds Five

• Starter
« Reply #34517 on: June 27, 2023, 04:24:17 AM »
Hell yeah! Aina?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #34518 on: June 27, 2023, 07:48:11 AM »

You don't think Duke values winning above all else?  And Scheyer has been there one season.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #34519 on: June 27, 2023, 07:59:20 AM »
Reading between the lines of that article, feeling those sweet sweet breezes of momentum, getting a commitment within a couple weeks…I feel great about our chances here.

Owens, Parham, Abraham

Then you put all your effort into the Kon Knueppel sweepstakes (with some Sir sprinkles) and you’re looking at what could be an all-time class.

Let's go now!!

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #34520 on: June 27, 2023, 08:17:04 AM »

Owens, Parham, Abraham

I feel okay about Abraham, but he had 2 visits after Marquette, and if his cousin goes to UConn with him he could pick elsewhere, we’ll see though.

The feeling around him is positive.

Look for Josh Hill and Matthew Hodge to pick up steam too.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 08:29:34 AM by jfp61 »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #34521 on: June 27, 2023, 09:15:00 AM »

How do you know if Duke under Scheyer won't be the Duke it was under K?  And even if it's not, it could still be a top 10 program in the country.  He signed the number 1 recruiting class in the country going into his first year as a head coach and has the number 2 recruiting class heading into his second season.  He finished a game out of first in the ACC and won the ACC Tournament.

Kon values winning so much he includes one of the worst high major teams ever.

At the same time, the idea that anyone who receives an offer from Duke should just drop everything and accept it immediately is silly too.  Of course it's attractive for a lot of reasons, but each person's situation is different.  If you're the 75th ranked recruit and get an offer, and you don't greatly exceed your expectations, you're probably being recruited over every year you are there.  Maybe the system doesn't fit your skillset and you never develop like you could elsewhere.  Etc.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #34522 on: June 27, 2023, 09:35:11 AM »
How do you know if Duke under Scheyer won't be the Duke it was under K?  And even if it's not, it could still be a top 10 program in the country.  He signed the number 1 recruiting class in the country going into his first year as a head coach and has the number 2 recruiting class heading into his second season.  He finished a game out of first in the ACC and won the ACC Tournament.

Kon values winning so much he includes one of the worst high major teams ever.

At the same time, the idea that anyone who receives an offer from Duke should just drop everything and accept it immediately is silly too.  Of course it's attractive for a lot of reasons, but each person's situation is different.  If you're the 75th ranked recruit and get an offer, and you don't greatly exceed your expectations, you're probably being recruited over every year you are there.  Maybe the system doesn't fit your skillset and you never develop like you could elsewhere.  Etc.

Outstanding post.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #34523 on: June 27, 2023, 10:27:53 AM »
It seems to me that any one of Abraham, Sir, or Kon would make that class elite, likely top 5/10 in the country?

Two of those would make it absolutely insane for previous Marquette standards.

It also seems like Shaka is in a decent position with all 3, with Isaiah, then Sir, and then Kon being most likely in that order.
Not getting any of the 3 would be a disappointment given the state and trajectory of the program, but Shaka will make it work no matter what.

In Shaka We Trust.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #34524 on: June 27, 2023, 10:43:39 AM »
It seems to me that any one of Abraham, Sir, or Kon would make that class elite, likely top 5/10 in the country?

Two of those would make it absolutely insane for previous Marquette standards.

It also seems like Shaka is in a decent position with all 3, with Isaiah, then Sir, and then Kon being most likely in that order.
Not getting any of the 3 would be a disappointment given the state and trajectory of the program, but Shaka will make it work no matter what.

In Shaka We Trust.

Prolly more like 15-20 when all is said & done
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.