[Today at 08:45:28 AM]

MU all-time defensive team? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:44:45 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MUbiz
[Today at 08:32:42 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by MU82
[June 19, 2024, 08:33:32 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Creighton game thread  (Read 35167 times)

MattyWarrior

• All American
Re: Creighton game thread
« Reply #200 on: February 14, 2015, 02:00:15 PM »
This is the last game I will watch. Just awful on offense,high school weaves. We have turned into DePaul.

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #201 on: February 14, 2015, 02:00:19 PM »
10 seed here we come, that's what we wanted right?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #202 on: February 14, 2015, 02:00:58 PM »
Juan/JJJ/Derrick are a combined 3/21 from the field. wuz goodie
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #203 on: February 14, 2015, 02:01:22 PM »

No it isn't.  Don't make stuff up.  Player still has to be in place.

(OTOH, Juan fouled in the back court there.)

Sorry it is. Placement has no effect when there is non basketball contact. I believe you should brush up on rules

warriorstrack

• All American
« Reply #204 on: February 14, 2015, 02:01:59 PM »
Line is 5, nice job Vegas

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #205 on: February 14, 2015, 02:02:25 PM »
This is the last game I will watch. Just awful on offense,high school weaves. We have turned into DePaul.

I thought the dribble weave would have died with crean.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #206 on: February 14, 2015, 02:02:31 PM »
Juan/JJJ/Derrick are a combined 3/21 from the field. wuz goodie
Our two senior co-captains gave it their all.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #207 on: February 14, 2015, 02:03:13 PM »
10 seed here we come, that's what we wanted right?

That is the lone good thing. We may be able to get more favorable BE tourney match ups. Not that they mean much. But with Matt back we can maybe steal one.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #208 on: February 14, 2015, 02:03:56 PM »
LOL - He's having an off game - and for as off of game as it is for JJJ - it's about a standard game for your guy.  The senior.  Max minute player 2 years in a row-Ners

So my criticizing JjJ = Derrick Wilson being "my guy"?  I am by no means a "Derrick guy".  Go back and look at every single post I've made (there aren't many).  Never once have I spoken out in defense of Derrick.  Meanwhile your boy (and there is not doubt that JjJ is) is having an awful game and instead of just accepting that fact you bring Derrick into the conversation because it fits into your narrative.  You're the classic example of the guy who can dish it out but can't take it.

LOL - I can take whatever you want to dish out.

I do find it funny that today you've offered up about 8 negative posts on JJJ, and you've posted 38 times here.  Glad you felt such a pent up rage to have to let it all out.  Get it off your chest.  Do what you need to do.  I'm not going to fly off the handle and think JJJ sucks as a player - as a sophomore - just because he got extended playing time today and had a bad game.

And, pretty sure I posted in this thread JJJ was awful today.  
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

warriorstrack

• All American
« Reply #209 on: February 14, 2015, 02:06:56 PM »
That is the lone good thing. We may be able to get more favorable BE tourney match ups. Not that they mean much. But with Matt back we can maybe steal one.
Hey that's what we have left, let's go MU

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #210 on: February 14, 2015, 02:08:20 PM »
Derrick is just so bad. The offense wouldn't be worse playing with 4.

You guys need to stop with the constant Derrick bashing. 

This team can't shoot from distance or around the rim.  That is everyone not just Derrick. 

This team can't defend consistently.  I was about to puke how open Kreklow was in the first half and how many times we got smoked off the pick and roll in the second half.  That is everyone again, not just Derrick. 

This team can't rebound worth crap.  When Creighton missed a shot, they always seemed to get the offensive rebound.  Blame lies everywhere. 

Wojo is not a good game coach period!!!  Kreklow is on fire from the corner and we decide to throw a 1-3-1 zone so that what Kreklow can get an even more wide open shot????  Disgusting.

This has been on going all year.  The excuses of a short bench is just that an excuse.  Lots of teams with depleted rosters that are having a lot of success this year. 

This is an awful year and it is safe to say that next year will probably not be any better.  Wojo needs to figure things out quickly.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #211 on: February 14, 2015, 02:12:19 PM »
Duane, Luke and Sandy, Henry. If we're gonna be good next year we need Cheatham to hit the ground running. Need a couple additional players as well

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #212 on: February 14, 2015, 02:13:59 PM »
Sorry it is. Placement has no effect when there is non basketball contact. I believe you should brush up on rules

That wasn't "non-basketball contact."  You are misinterpreting the rule.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #213 on: February 14, 2015, 02:15:38 PM »
Duane, Luke and Sandy, Henry. If we're gonna be good next year we need Cheatham to hit the ground running. Need a couple additional players as well

Think Sandy has some nice potential, but still think it will be junior year before he's good at this level.  Needs A LOT more strength.  He was pretty overmatched out there today.  

But yes, we will need Cheatham to be a player from the get go next year.  Challenge for him will be, he's a string bean too.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

nyg

• All American
« Reply #214 on: February 14, 2015, 02:16:39 PM »
Juan, JJJ and Derrick went 3 for 21.

MU outbounded 43 to 26

15 for 23 on free throws, including THREE front ends of one/one.  

MU needs to bulk up.  JJJ, Cohen, Fischer are too weak and with Derrick basically playing the backside on the zone, MU can't rebound with BE teams.  

Cohen lots of pt with Juan on bench and Taylor sat for awhile after he got hot.  Nice showing, but he still misses those little ones.

And for you Derrick revisionists:

Last five games:

16 points or 3.2ppg
     6 for 29 from field  20%
     3 for 11 free throws 27%
Those are some pretty ugly stats, but it is what it is.  Only 6 games to go.  

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #215 on: February 14, 2015, 02:19:27 PM »
"I do find it funny that today you've offered up about 8 negative posts on JJJ, and you've posted 38 times here."

Just curious Ners...how many of your 7,000 posts have been negative posts on Derrick?

Pot meet kettle.

connie

• All American
« Reply #216 on: February 14, 2015, 02:19:40 PM »
You guys need to stop with the constant Derrick bashing. 

This team can't shoot from distance or around the rim.  That is everyone not just Derrick. 

This team can't defend consistently.  I was about to puke how open Kreklow was in the first half and how many times we got smoked off the pick and roll in the second half.  That is everyone again, not just Derrick. 

This team can't rebound worth crap.  When Creighton missed a shot, they always seemed to get the offensive rebound.  Blame lies everywhere. 

Wojo is not a good game coach period!!!  Kreklow is on fire from the corner and we decide to throw a 1-3-1 zone so that what Kreklow can get an even more wide open shot????  Disgusting.

This has been on going all year.  The excuses of a short bench is just that an excuse.  Lots of teams with depleted rosters that are having a lot of success this year. 

This is an awful year and it is safe to say that next year will probably not be any better.  Wojo needs to figure things out quickly.
To be fair, after his third they showed Wojo in the huddle after he called timeout specifically complaining about Krakow's open threes in the corner.  Next play (or two)---open Krakow three.  Can't lay that on Wojo.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #217 on: February 14, 2015, 02:21:10 PM »
That wasn't "non-basketball contact."  You are misinterpreting the rule.

Lowering the shoulder to initiate contact, while running in a straight line. That's pretty much the definition of the rule.

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #218 on: February 14, 2015, 02:24:52 PM »
Ouch, this one hurts....I didn't think we would end up finishing last  :-[
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 02:32:22 PM by Black_Sands »

Class71

• All American
« Reply #219 on: February 14, 2015, 02:26:34 PM »

... And apparently have some of MU's fans. Fair weather friends that need instant gratification. We will be better next year but do not expect miracles. Buzz started with a seasoned team. We are not that team but they are our team.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #220 on: February 14, 2015, 02:31:07 PM »
"I do find it funny that today you've offered up about 8 negative posts on JJJ, and you've posted 38 times here."

Just curious Ners...how many of your 7,000 posts have been negative posts on Derrick?

Pot meet kettle.

Who cares?  He's not your boy, right?  

But, to answer your question, I've posted a lot about Derrick in the last two years, no doubt.  Nonetheless the ratio of my posts regarding Derrick relative to my total post history is WAY less than your ratio of negative JJJ posts relative to your posting career.

Of course there wouldn't be a need to post much about him if some of the asshats here stopped trying to suggest he's a serviceable player at this level, or was not THE problem with last year's team, or a better PG than Cadougan, Buycks, etc.  

And for the record - feel free to bash JJJ all you want.  He was bad today.  I give him a lot more slack as he's only a sophomore, hasn't generally played this poorly this season when given lots of playing time, and everyone can have a bad game.  I haven't seen two years straight of 35+ minutes per game, and awful play 90 percent of the time - so I'm willing to give him a lot more benefit of the doubt.  But, if he continues to play as he did today, you won't find me sitting here trying to polish a turd as have Derrick's supporters done for the last two years.  

Class71

• All American
« Reply #221 on: February 14, 2015, 02:37:39 PM »
Sure wish Luke Fisher would go back to Indiana.  He is just terrible...bad hands, terrible feet, no nose for the ball and most importantly he is week week week.

Last week or this weak?
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #222 on: February 14, 2015, 02:38:37 PM »
... And apparently have some of MU's fans. Fair weather friends that need instant gratification. We will be better next year but do not expect miracles. Buzz started with a seasoned team. We are not that team but they are our team.
Thanks with love on Valentine's day to the phony cowboy, for leaving the program in bad shape.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #223 on: February 14, 2015, 02:46:43 PM »
To be fair, after his third they showed Wojo in the huddle after he called timeout specifically complaining about Krakow's open threes in the corner.  Next play (or two)---open Krakow three.  Can't lay that on Wojo.

Have to lay that on Wojo.  He told the team they had to guard kreklow at the corners and defend his 3.  Out of the time out, they play a 1-3-1 that leaves the corner 3s wide open and kreklow hits a 3 ball again as he was wide open.  You can't say defend the corner 3 from kreklow and then tell your team to play a 1-3-1 so high up on the court.  That is dumb coaching period.

i really think Wojo is not a good coach.  He can draw up a good offensive play and he can put together a gameplan but he doesn't know how to adjust and coach in game.  I am starting to worry about his recruiting as well.  Awesome we got Henry coming in but now we have 2 transfer outs that haven't seen the floor in Levin and Nick.  You can blame the players but that only goes so far.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #224 on: February 14, 2015, 02:48:43 PM »
Have to lay that on Wojo.  He told the team they had to guard kreklow at the corners and defend his 3.  Out of the time out, they play a 1-3-1 that leaves the corner 3s wide open and kreklow hits a 3 ball again as he was wide open.  You can't say defend the corner 3 from kreklow and then tell your team to play a 1-3-1 so high up on the court.  That is dumb coaching period.

i really think Wojo is not a good coach.  He can draw up a good offensive play and he can put together a gameplan but he doesn't know how to adjust and coach in game.  I am starting to worry about his recruiting as well.  Awesome we got Henry coming in but now we have 2 transfer outs that haven't seen the floor in Levin and Nick.  You can blame the players but that only goes so far.

Nick did it to himself, though. Not Wojo's issue.

Wojo came in and got 3 top 100, skilled players in his first year. Cheatham, Heldt, Ellenson. Not worried about his recruiting in the slightest.

feedback