[September 27, 2024, 09:25:40 PM]

[Cracked Sidewalks] Dayton Preview by tower912
[September 27, 2024, 04:52:28 PM]

Starting line ups/rotations 24-25 by tower912
[September 27, 2024, 03:11:39 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Billy Hoyle
[September 27, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The Rock Tomorrow  (Read 7778 times)

Disco Hippie

• Scholarship Player
The Rock Tomorrow
« on: February 06, 2015, 08:33:50 AM »
I can see the place from my living room window, yet I'm actaully looking forward to NOT going to the game for the first time in a while.  I still support the team and will watch on TV but why shell out the cash or even make the effort to attend in 10 degree weather given the product they put on the floor this year?  NYC area alums need to send a message that this is unacceptable and sit this one out. 

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
Re: The Rock Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 08:37:08 AM »
Turd  ^
The "average fan" is an idiot.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 08:37:20 AM »
I can see the place from my living room window, yet I'm actaully looking forward to NOT going to the game for the first time in a while.  I still support the team and will watch on TV but why shell out the cash or even make the effort to attend in 10 degree weather given the product they put on the floor this year?  NYC area alums need to send a message that this is unacceptable and sit this one out. 

That'll improve this team. Good thinking.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 08:43:57 AM »
I can see the place from my living room window, yet I'm actaully looking forward to NOT going to the game for the first time in a while.  I still support the team and will watch on TV but why shell out the cash or even make the effort to attend in 10 degree weather given the product they put on the floor this year?  NYC area NEW JERSEY alums need to send a message that this is unacceptable and sit this one out. 

FIFY
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 08:45:54 AM »
That is your first post.  Can't wait for the second.
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 08:48:37 AM »

Unacceptable how?    New coach, new system, no returning height or experience.... with those facts, what is unacceptable or even different than reasonably expected?   If you want to stay home and watch rather than drive 10 minutes, support your alma mater (if it is), meet up with other MU alum from the area... well, that says more about you than it does about the team.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 08:59:41 AM »
Fairweather fans certainly have the right to be fairweather fans. I have zero respect for them...and I think most fans have zero respect for them. But they have that right!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 09:00:45 AM »
SUPER STRONG TAEK DISCO

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 09:02:46 AM »

Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 09:07:15 AM »
I'm still mulling over going but it has nothing to do with the team's performance this year.  A noon game seems early to be making a hungover trek from the Upper East Side over to Newark when I can just order a bagel sandwich and watch from my couch.

I also dont understand who would be getting "the point" you are trying to make.  You're going to "send a message" by not attending a road game and giving Seton Hall your ticket and concessions revenue?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 09:15:12 AM »
Hey Disco, then freakin' don't go.  And for that matter don't call yourself a fan.  Crybox.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 09:16:12 AM »
Didn't realize the game is gonna be played outside. Must be tough for all those NewYork/Jersey limp penises. Anyway I'll gladly pay ya Tuesday for a pair of size 12 Uggs shipped today, Bro.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 09:17:18 AM »
I'll be at the game with the family.  A fan whether we win or lose.

If you hear someone yelling "Miss it!" when Seton Hall is shooting free throws, it'll probably be my 13 year old.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 09:46:26 AM »
The New York area fans will be there. 

The people who only act like "fans" when the team is winning won't.

No matter.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 09:58:43 AM »
A noon game seems early to be making a hungover trek from the Upper East Side over to Newark

You need to grow up and have a bloody at 11. Get to that game and pick up Disco on your way for penance.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 10:24:51 AM »
I go to games in all the NYC venues and without a doubt Seton Hall has the most obnoxious fans in the area.  At St. Johns I tend to have reasonable conversations with their fan base, win or lose.    The Seton Hall fan base are a bunch of thugs, not sports fans.  Villanova fans think they are ND, sort of above it all.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2015, 10:35:33 AM »

chapman

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 10:49:46 AM »
Damn, here I thought this was going to be about my dream of Bill Schroeder joining Brian Anderson on the call and spending half the game talking about which players would make the best catchers.   

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 11:10:23 AM »
You need to grow up and have a bloody at 11. Get to that game and pick up Disco on your way for penance.

The bar around the corner from makes a bloody Sobleman's style with the slider garnishment.  One of the managers is from Milwaukee so I've gotten them to hang up an MU flag inside.  Sounds like a great pre-game stop idea esoteric.  I can just throw rocks at disco's living room window until he decides to come down.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2015, 11:14:57 AM »
Do us all proud east coasters.  Enjoy the game and the MU camaraderie.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 11:15:21 AM »
As Yoda said: "Do or do not.  There is no try."    Support the team or don't. Why spendyour time trying to convince other fans (true fans) not to support the team?   I have season tickets and drive up from Chicago for each home game. I will be at the last four too.

Go Marquette!

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2015, 11:23:26 AM »
As Yoda said: "Do or do not.  There is no try."    Support the team or don't. Why spendyour time trying to convince other fans (true fans) not to support the team?   I have season tickets and drive up from Chicago for each home game. I will be at the last four too.

Go Marquette!

Curious.  How many have you missed this year?  Our drive is 100 miles one way and I think for the entire season we've missed 2-3.  Our seats remained occupied as our daughter gladly accepts any we can't make.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2015, 11:33:40 AM »
Curious.  How many have you missed this year?  Our drive is 100 miles one way and I think for the entire season we've missed 2-3.  Our seats remained occupied as our daughter gladly accepts any we can't make.

I've missed more than that and i'm 1/10th of the distance you are from the BC. Good on you!

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2015, 11:34:42 AM »

Go Marquette!

Wise he is.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2015, 11:54:59 AM »

I missed one game when I had the flu.  My drive is only 175 miles round trip.  Go Marquette!