[June 25, 2024, 08:39:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by MuMark
[June 25, 2024, 04:27:23 PM]

High school kids by MUbiz
[June 25, 2024, 04:25:04 PM]

my site phantom wallet login by rocky_warrior
[June 25, 2024, 03:48:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Encouraging News About Ahmed Hill  (Read 35673 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Encouraging News About Ahmed Hill
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2014, 04:10:01 PM »
I don't disagree.  People were ticked off, obviously, but he was TT's adviser on this and that's what he advised.  Brent was totally unknown quantity.

The problem I have with the revisionist history about KU and others is that suggests if TC was still at MU, then TT wasn't coming.  That couldn't be further from the truth.  TT was coming to MU.  A coaching change happened, that opened the doors for him to leave.  If TC doesn't go, TT is playing for Marquette.  One domino had to fall before the other, but it appears some want to change the order of things.

Who suggested this?

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2014, 04:34:13 PM »
I'm middle-aged, a stout polish lad and available for stalking on twitter or other nefarious forms of electronic monitoring.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2014, 04:36:42 PM »
I don't disagree.  People were ticked off, obviously, but he was TT's adviser on this and that's what he advised.  Brent was totally unknown quantity.

The problem I have with the revisionist history about KU and others is that suggests if TC was still at MU, then TT wasn't coming.  That couldn't be further from the truth.  TT was coming to MU.  A coaching change happened, that opened the doors for him to leave.  If TC doesn't go, TT is playing for Marquette.  One domino had to fall before the other, but it appears some want to change the order of things.

Doesn't matter.

TC wasn't at MU any longer, so the whole thing is moot; Hurley trashed a coach with one year of experience just because the coach had only one year of experience; and TT went to Kansas.

Now, TT is a Maine Red Claw; Hurley is still a high school coach; Buzz took less money to go to an inferior job; and TC is one more bad year away from being the former coach at both Indiana and Marquette.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2014, 04:56:16 PM »
+1. Common knowledge that Kansas was Ty's dream school. They never offered but had a scollie open up in the spring with an early entry into the NBA. Marquette had no chance no matter who was our coach. Chicos would flunk a lie detector test if he said otherwise.

Bob Hurley and TT are LIARS...again!! So says Lenny.

Uhm, by the way, TT played 4 years at KU...not sure what you are talking about with an early entry to the NBA.  

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/kansas/tyshawn-taylor

MU had NO chance no matter who our coach was?....interesting.  Coach K becomes MU coach, MU has no chance.  Coach Self becomes MU coach, MU has no chance.   Never.  Always.  Blah blah blah.   

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2014, 04:57:44 PM »
Who suggested this?

Lens has several times, so have a few others.  He may have been joking, always hard to tell here.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2014, 04:58:57 PM »

Uhm, by the way, TT played 4 years at KU...not sure what you are talking about with an early entry to the NBA.  

MU had NO chance no matter who our coach was?....interesting.  Coach K becomes MU coach, MU has no chance.  Coach Self becomes MU coach, MU has no chance.   Never.  Always.  Blah blah blah.   

Tyshawn is on Twitter: Why not ask him? https://twitter.com/tyshawntaylor
We Are Marquette

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2014, 05:04:38 PM »

Now, TT is a Maine Red Claw; Hurley is still a high school coach; Buzz took less money to go to an inferior job; and TC is one more bad year away from being the former coach at both Indiana and Marquette.

A land bereft of hope...where dreams drift off into a monotonous languor...

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2014, 05:09:44 PM »
Tyshawn is on Twitter: Why not ask him? https://twitter.com/tyshawntaylor

I believe that would be for Lenny to do.  He's the one making the predictions.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2014, 09:04:57 PM »
Maybe it means nothing or maybe it means everything but Coach Wojo is following Sandy Cohen (@sandycohenIII) & Nick Noskowiak (@nicknoskowiak) but not Ahmed Hill (@medhill_14) or Marial Shayok (@supermarial03)
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

The Process

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2014, 09:06:43 PM »
Maybe it means nothing or maybe it means everything but Coach Wojo is following Sandy Cohen (@sandycohenIII) & Nick Noskowiak (@nicknoskowiak) but not Ahmed Hill (@medhill_14) or Marial Shayok (@supermarial03)

Respect the Process.
Relax. Respect the Process.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2014, 10:26:09 PM »

See Jill's tweets, what's to follow. When he starts tweeting again, he will follow.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2014, 08:15:28 AM »

Lens has several times, so have a few others.  He may have been joking, always hard to tell here.

After TC left I had a conversation with someone who always has TC's back.  That person said Buzz eventually became the lead recruiter on TT in part bc during TT's visit over Midnight Madness, TT was "sulking in a corner" and Buzz went over and changed his whole weekend.  He said the relationship he had with Buzz was great.

Mind you the person who told me this is always in the tank for TC so it's not like he was trying to pump up Buzz.

I just have always believed the Bob Hurley was going to say whatever he needed to to get TT to Kansas.  That probably speaks more to the opinion I have about Bob Sr than TC. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2014, 08:35:14 AM »
See Jill's tweets, what's to follow. When he starts tweeting again, he will follow.

Who is Jill?
We Are Marquette

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2014, 08:44:37 AM »

Mind you the person who told me this is always in the tank for TC so it's not like he was trying to pump up Buzz.

Chicos?? ;D

DanceHallPlayer

• Walk-On
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2014, 08:47:21 AM »

Pretty sure he was saying that they had a scholarship open for Taylor in the spring because SOMEONE ELSE left early to go to the NBA.
file:///C:/Users/dhoughton/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/P45VEX3L/White%20Guy%20Cant%20Jump.gif

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2014, 10:22:51 AM »

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2014, 09:59:09 PM »
tweets today (attached)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2014, 10:09:38 PM »
tweets today (attached)

Are we sure this is about basketball?  He lives in Augusta and maybe the crowds building for the Masters are getting to him?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2014, 10:14:23 PM »
Are we sure this is about basketball?  He lives in Augusta and maybe the crowds building for the Masters are getting to him?

probably can't find parking at the airport

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2014, 10:19:20 PM »
The dude took a pic of himself (THE KIDS CALL 'EM SELFIES!) and he was wearing a Northface hoodie and khakis.  If we lose this kid to anywhere it's gonna be Miami, OH.

I like our chances.

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2014, 10:23:37 PM »

Well there goes your theory.  Ahmed is tweeting again and Coach Wojo is still not following him.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2014, 10:29:39 PM »
Well there goes your theory.  Ahmed is tweeting again and Coach Wojo is still not following him.

Start the letter writing campaign!!!!!!!
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2014, 10:31:27 PM »
tweets today (attached)

This is a little creepy...
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2014, 12:11:53 AM »
This is a little creepy...

Does this mean you're going to leave scoop for the scout voard?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2014, 12:33:18 AM »
After TC left I had a conversation with someone who always has TC's back.  That person said Buzz eventually became the lead recruiter on TT in part bc during TT's visit over Midnight Madness, TT was "sulking in a corner" and Buzz went over and changed his whole weekend.  He said the relationship he had with Buzz was great.

I just have always believed the Bob Hurley was going to say whatever he needed to to get TT to Kansas.  That probably speaks more to the opinion I have about Bob Sr than TC.  

That may be the case, then he would have had to sit out a year because no way MU was going to release him from his LOI without a coaching change.  I doubt very much he would do that.  The next question is whether anyone like KU would wait for TT considering they get TT kind of players each and every year.

Unlikely.

Am I surprised that one of these prima donnas was sulking in the corner, however?  No.