[June 25, 2024, 08:39:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by MuMark
[June 25, 2024, 04:27:23 PM]

High school kids by MUbiz
[June 25, 2024, 04:25:04 PM]

my site phantom wallet login by rocky_warrior
[June 25, 2024, 03:48:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tickets Sales For Creighton  (Read 18371 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Tickets Sales For Creighton
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 02:48:25 PM »
Youre not understanding my point im saying Creighton vs MU should have been a weekend game. Im know nobodys going to care about test cycles. I know I dont. The fact that this game isnt on a weekend was the problem for me.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2014, 02:49:39 PM »
And I bet the joint's rockin'.

I sure hope so. Gonna need a loud building!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2014, 03:11:56 PM »
A little perspective .. last year, we played #11 ranked Syracuse on a Monday .. attendance: 16,000 .. and we were having a BE-championship type season.

I imagine the Creighton fans driving up would be minimal for a Wednesday night game.

I will go with 15,500 announced. 

Gotta remember .. the people on this board are super-fans.  They were likely already going to the game.  The # of student tickets sold doesn't change, so they aren't a factor. 

Attendance bumps up when the casual, non season-ticket holder MU fan decides to go.  They aint doing that on a Wednesday, during an off-the-bubble season .. enough to fill the building.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2014, 03:15:23 PM »
Youre not understanding my point im saying Creighton vs MU should have been a weekend game. Im know nobodys going to care about test cycles. I know I dont. The fact that this game isnt on a weekend was the problem for me.

For me, basketball games were a priority as a student. I really enjoyed going to them as a student (even though the team was bad for 3 of my 4 years at MU). I based my study schedule around games, particularly marquee games. Obviously not every student feels that way and I wouldn't question someone for not making it a priority to attend basketball games. Having said that, undergrads using studying as an excuse to not being able to do things is pretty weak.

College students are awake at least 16-18 hours a day. They're in class for 3-4 hours a day and many work another 3-4 hours a day (though not all do). That leaves about 10 hours for studying per day (not including at least 30 waking hours over the weekend). I'm sorry but if you can't get your studying done and have enough time to engage in other activities, then you're either in the wrong major or you need to greatly improve your time management skills.

In other words, studying schmudying!

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2014, 03:18:54 PM »
Plus the semester isn't even half over. There's still plenty of time to make up for bad grades
Bring back FFP!!!

melissasmooth

• Team Captain
  • yeah
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2014, 03:25:38 PM »
Not all students care about the basketball team. I have better things to do this week. Ill try to catch a few minutes of the telecast
MU15

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2014, 03:28:52 PM »
Not all students care about the basketball team. I have better things to do this week. Ill try to catch a few minutes of the telecast

Easy now...you're giving them ammo to use against us. Personally basketball season is the most important thing to me at MU. Not to be all sappy but going to bball games have really helped me though some rough times here.

leever

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2014, 03:29:35 PM »

Why do you waste your valuable time posting on a basketball board?  Go do some better things.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2014, 03:30:28 PM »
So why even bother watching a few minutes of the telecast? No one is forcing your hand if you don't care about the team. In fact, that would be an utter waste of your time. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2014, 03:33:46 PM »

I'll be the 4th to already jump on this stupidity.

Not everyone cares about the team? You have better things to do? Might catch a few minutes?

But you post on the message board about a team you imply you don't care about and at the very least by your own admission rank it very low on the priorities list?

ok.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

melissasmooth

• Team Captain
  • yeah
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2014, 03:45:29 PM »
Just saying there are reasons people don't go to games.  I went to the Xavier game. I had a great time. This week the creighton game doesn't fit the schedule. Otherwise I would try to go. But there are plenty of students who don't care about basketball unlike the people who come to this board. Sometimes people on this board have a skewed view of reality
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:47:24 PM by melissasmooth »
MU15

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2014, 03:47:46 PM »
This game is a chance to see the NATIONAL Player of the Year with Dougie McBuckets.  That has only happened ONCE at the Bradley Center, and it was fifteen years ago. 

On 2/1/99, a bad sub-500 MU team upset #4 Cincy with Kenyon Martin... I was a student then, and it was the highlight of a rough year. 

But but but Bucks fans got to see a POY in Andrew Bogut 41 times a year.  How did that work out for their attendance?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2014, 04:15:59 PM »
Announced crowd?  I'll take the over on 16,500. More likely 17,500.  And I bet the joint's rockin'.

I hope your right,  17,500 or better tomorrow night would increase our average attendance by 141 (16 home games) to 15,374 from 8th to 6th all-time.

Then we have two remaining home games.  Georgetown Thursday Feb 27 and St. Johns Saturday March 8th.

* GU is always a big draw for us.  The last three times they played in Milwaukee we drew at least 19,000 each game.  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=36039.msg449465#msg449465

* St. Johns is the last home game of the year and it's a Saturday.  The last game is also a big draw too.

If we win tomorrow and whip up a bit of excitement about this year's team making the tourney, I could see this year's average attendance breaking into the top 3.  That would happen if we averaged 17,500 the next three home games, then we would finish the year around 15,630 average attendance.

Again, doable if we win tomorrow and get some excitement cooking.

----------------------

Top 10 average attendance years

1. 2008 16,239
2. 2009  16,200
3. 2010  15,617
4. 2011  15,586    
5. 2003  15,553
6. 2007  15,345
7. 2004   15,291
8. 2014  15,233 (season not over)
9. 2012  15,138
10. 2013 15,033
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:18:22 PM by Heisenberg »

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2014, 04:19:45 PM »
Just saying there are reasons people don't go to games.  I went to the Xavier game. I had a great time. This week the creighton game doesn't fit the schedule. Otherwise I would try to go. But there are plenty of students who don't care about basketball unlike the people who come to this board. Sometimes people on this board have a skewed view of reality

I actually appreciate a viewpoint from a current student. Even if its not what we want to hear. So thanks.

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2014, 04:20:54 PM »
A little perspective .. last year, we played #11 ranked Syracuse on a Monday .. attendance: 16,000 .. and we were having a BE-championship type season.

I imagine the Creighton fans driving up would be minimal for a Wednesday night game.

I will go with 15,500 announced. 

Gotta remember .. the people on this board are super-fans.  They were likely already going to the game.  The # of student tickets sold doesn't change, so they aren't a factor. 

Attendance bumps up when the casual, non season-ticket holder MU fan decides to go.  They aint doing that on a Wednesday, during an off-the-bubble season .. enough to fill the building.

Based off what I see online, I'd be willing to put a decent amount of money on the over for 15,500 announced.  Not sure how many will actually show.

Also, this is Creighton's dream season and they do have a rabid fanbase (recently demonstrated by selling out the BET allotment first.)  While they may not drive up from Omaha, I'd guess many hoop-loving Creighton alum in Chicagoland will see this as an easy opportunity to attend with a 7pm tipoff.  It's late in the season, and many likely won't have another shot to see McDermott again.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2014, 04:23:02 PM »
Based off what I see online, I'd be willing to put a decent amount of money on the over for 15,500 announced.  Not sure how many will actually show.

Also, this is Creighton's dream season and they do have a rabid fanbase (recently demonstrated by selling out the BET allotment first.)  While they may not drive up from Omaha, I'd guess many hoop-loving Creighton alum in Chicagoland will see this as an easy opportunity to attend with a 7pm tipoff.  It's late in the season, and many likely won't have another shot to see McDermott again.
I'm hearing a pretty decent Creighton turnout. We tend to travel well and there are a decent amount of tickets still available on the secondary market.

melissasmooth

• Team Captain
  • yeah
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2014, 04:28:18 PM »
Does McDermott complain to officials every time someone gets within two feet of him when he shoots or did he just do that in the game against marquette. He sure whined a lot in that game
MU15

Jaysfan

• Walk-On
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2014, 04:36:57 PM »
It's probably a combination of perception and reality: Doug whines some, and others (mostly opposing fans) think he's a huge whiner because he already has so many things going his way as it is, so he shouldn't be whining at all in the first place.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2014, 04:42:46 PM »
Does McDermott complain to officials every time someone gets within two feet of him when he shoots or did he just do that in the game against marquette. He sure whined a lot in that game
Was that based on a the few minutes you were able to catch?

In truth, Doug does whine just like every other player. The thing about him is he has so much movement off the ball that he will honestly get absolutely mugged sometimes with no call. On other occasions he will fall to draw a call and will complain when he doesn't get. He's just like any other player where you are outraged he didn't get a call when its warranted and there are other times where you just want to tell him to get up and keep playing. Again, no different than any other player.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:45:58 PM by CreightonWarrior »

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2014, 04:43:05 PM »
It's probably a combination of perception and reality: Doug whines some, and others (mostly opposing fans) think he's a huge whiner because he already has so many things going his way as it is, so he shouldn't be whining at all in the first place.

Seems like a fair assessment... I've watch a few Jays games this year (including ones I was rooting for Creighton) and couldn't help, but notice how often he plays to the officials.  He's still a ridiculous talent and often there is contact... his talk and body language does seem over the top at times though.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2014, 04:49:08 PM »
You can use the Ticketmaster interactive seat map to see just how many seats remains unsold. I would estimate between 500-700 unsold tickets.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/marquette-golden-eagles-mens-basketball-vs-milwaukee-wisconsin-02-19-2014/event/07004B47D1B571C9?artistid=845508&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7&tm_link=artist_msg-0_07004B47D1B571C9

The Ticketmaster site shows 580 tickets still remaining.  It's that's true, expect an announced crowd over 18,000.  No-shows are obviously another story.

PistolPete

• Starter
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2014, 04:51:06 PM »

Well, whether they choose to attend games or not, I am sure they can appreciate the economic impact the program has on the institution.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2014, 04:53:08 PM »

This new generation keeps getting worse. Too busy Snapchatting?
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2014, 04:56:31 PM »

Lots of big games are on weekdays.  Heck, the Duke-UNC game that was postponed was on a Wednesday night...and they rescheduled it for a Thursday night.  And they don't even have to worry about competing with pro teams for use of the arena.

melissasmooth

• Team Captain
  • yeah
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2014, 05:10:15 PM »
This new generation keeps getting worse. Too busy Snapchatting?

No.  Sorry. A tutoring job and a study group
MU15