[June 17, 2024, 07:22:01 PM]

Miletic Commits by Pakuni
[June 17, 2024, 04:37:03 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by The Equalizer
[June 17, 2024, 12:55:56 PM]

NBA green room by muwarrior97
[June 17, 2024, 12:30:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Charles Matthews trims list to 10  (Read 96547 times)

BM1090

• All American
Re: Charles Matthews trims list to 10
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2014, 11:11:12 AM »
Quick everybody tweet at him

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2014, 11:15:59 AM »
So let me get this straight. Your college basketball teams outside of Marquette are Indiana, Kansas, and UCLA? Must be nice (and easy).
Nothing wrong with being a fan of college basketball and liking several teams, or not liking some teams. I consider myself a fan and despise ND, and do not like Whisky. Not a fan of Duke either, and really dislike Ky. since Shady Calipatri arrived.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2014, 11:19:55 AM »
But you wouldn't want him since he's not a big right?
Never said that, but since you did maybe you can wear that shoe, huh?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2014, 11:22:56 AM »
Where did you get Indiana from?
Sorry--my bad--forgot MSU so inserted Indiana. What the hell, Crean was at both schools. Indiana probably has as good a chance as some others. Would not be surprised that Izzo snatches the guy, but rooting for MU.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2014, 11:27:12 AM »
Looks like UK all the way on this one.  Too bad.  Hope it doesn't influence Stone towards UK.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2014, 11:28:37 AM »

You are failing a basic tenant of logic.  That because we had McD's AAs on those teams, and those teams underperformed, that a team with less McD's AAs would have been better.  

No that is just Chicos being chicos.  If someone is excited for Mu about anything he finds it his time to be needy of attention and no better way of getting that satisfaction than by being a TROLL.

Not only is this TROLLs logic flawed so are his comments that he throws out as facts.  You see Doc, Downing, and Trotter never played together.  But why let that get in the way of being a TROLL

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2014, 11:36:52 AM »
Looks like UK all the way on this one.  Too bad.  Hope it doesn't influence Stone towards UK.

Yup, even the Illinois guy just flipped to UK

tower912

• All American
« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2014, 11:49:48 AM »
No that is just Chicos being chicos.  If someone is excited for Mu about anything he finds it his time to be needy of attention and no better way of getting that satisfaction than by being a TROLL.

Not only is this TROLLs logic flawed so are his comments that he throws out as facts.  You see Doc, Downing, and Trotter never played together.  But why let that get in the way of being a TROLL

Trotter and Doc played together.   Trotter and Downing played together.   Downing and Doc never played together. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2014, 12:17:00 PM »

That is my biggest fear. Not just biggest MU hoops-related fear, biggest fear in life right now. I've literally got the willies as I type this.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2014, 12:20:11 PM »
That is my biggest fear. Not just biggest MU hoops-related fear, biggest fear in life right now. I've literally got the willies as I type this.

May have to change your handle to willies warrior.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2014, 12:22:58 PM »

If you read what I said, whether they played solo or together (as in combinations), we didn't achieve the success that so many here define success as.  

Rivers and Trotter did play together...we never won a NCAA game with those two McD players on same team.  With Rivers alone, we won one.  With Trotter alone, we won none.  With Downing and Trotter together, we won none.  

To read some comments here over the months and years, a team with a McD should be going far, certainly a team with 2.  I think its a crapshoot, but others define success as how far you go.  

I so missed you Dimes, keep them coming.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 12:29:14 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2014, 12:26:19 PM »

You are failing a basic tenant of logic.  That because we had McD's AAs on those teams, and those teams underperformed, that a team with less McD's AAs would have been better.  

I don't feel I'm saying that at all.  Instead, I'm saying that those that think simply having McD's AA = success is not always the case.  Depends, of course, how you define success which I'll leave to those on the board, but I have offered what I have read about how success is defined.  Maybe some people want to change their views of it, that's up to them.

High expectations come with McD's AA players, it doesn't always translate to success (depending on how one defines it).  Nothing more, nothing less.  If the team had less McD AA's or none, I have no idea if they would have been better.  I'm merely pointing out the mere presence of one or more doesn't mean success, either....despite fans getting all lathered up like Moses is coming down from the mount.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2014, 12:26:34 PM »
The problem with these big-time recruits as that they don't view college as a way to blaze their own path and lift a school up--for the most part, it's a means or merely a vessel to get to the next level. They want to be in a position that makes it as likely as possible to get to the next level. As much as I hate Calipari and Kentucky, he has a ridiculous track record of feeding players into the NBA and the kids get showered with lavish praise on the way at a huge program with endless support. I don't think these kids mind getting "lost" in the shuffle as long as they're getting to the next level.

Of course, there are the special ones that do want to blaze their own path and don't need the reputation of a school to artifically bolster their game...

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2014, 12:27:22 PM »

I know that Chicos bothers a lot of people, but calling him a troll is inaccurate.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2014, 12:33:10 PM »
Never said that, but since you did maybe you can wear that shoe, huh?

Are you saying that I should be the next guy to constantly be upset in every thread that we don't have a five star big?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2014, 01:11:58 PM »
Yup, even the Illinois guy just flipped to UK

They have a points system for guessing correctly, so I would guess he doesn't want to be the only one to miss if he does go to UK - not that he has any inside info. If Matthews doesn't go there, everyone is wrong so they all get dinged for it anyway. Might as well try to bump up your stats.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2014, 01:19:57 PM »
https://twitter.com/CMATT_4

"Expect the unexpected."

Hmm...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2014, 01:24:05 PM »

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #143 on: February 25, 2014, 01:24:34 PM »

"Expect the unexpected."

Hmm...

Actually says, "Expect the unexpected.  Shocker..."

Let the Wichita State rumors begin!!

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #144 on: February 25, 2014, 01:24:54 PM »

"Expect the unexpected."

Hmm...

Just saw that. Won't get my hopes up as he probably just wants an element of surprise to his decision. Reporters ruin it for these kids.

That said.....who knows? Maybe we are all pleasantly surprised in 19 hours.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2014, 01:39:21 PM »
Yeah, but our football has been pretty mediocre....tradeoffs with everything.   ;)

Been going to UCLA games since we moved back to the United States during Johnny Wooden days  I'm an alum of Marquette, Kansas and Indiana.

which football do you mean, UCLA, IN or KS?

nyg

• All American
« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2014, 01:41:49 PM »
Actually says, "Expect the unexpected.  Shocker..."

Let the Wichita State rumors begin!!

Kentucky, Kansas and Illinois = Not unexpected.  Would MSU? 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2014, 01:42:30 PM »

"Expect the unexpected."

Hmm...

I'm going to say this is very good news.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #148 on: February 25, 2014, 01:42:52 PM »
which football do you mean, UCLA, IN or KS?

MU....really bad the last 40 years. 

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #149 on: February 25, 2014, 01:48:27 PM »
Kentucky, Kansas and Illinois = Not unexpected.  Would MSU? 

He hasn't taken a visit to Kansas yet and has to every other school, I'd put Kansas in last at this point.