[Today at 04:52:28 PM]

NIL Future by lawdog77
[Today at 04:23:03 PM]

Starting line ups/rotations 24-25 by tower912
[Today at 03:11:39 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:43:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz on Coaching Changes  (Read 10823 times)

The Process

• All American
Re: Buzz on Coaching Changes
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2013, 11:27:56 PM »
More baseless garbage from Dukie V. What a shock.

He should be sent to pasture, but he's clearly not the worst idiot over there, as unbelievable as that sounds.

Relax. Respect the Process.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2013, 11:30:29 PM »
Really worried about Buzz leaving behind a preseason top ten team next season...

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2013, 11:41:16 PM »
Dicky V had great things to say about MU, but he has to add in that it's going to be tough for mu to hold on to him.

chren21

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2013, 11:42:56 PM »
I can't figure out how to post it

Scooter22

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2013, 11:46:30 PM »
Let's be real... the landscape of college basketball favors us.  That's why Stevens, Smart, etc. stay put.  Do you want the UKentucky carousel where you have the 1 and dones, or a chance to build up a program and a legacy?  Do you want to babysit an NBA prospect for 1 year, or coach up future NBA players for 4 years?  From a coaching perspective, which is more attractive?

Minnesota - sub-lateral move
UCLA - not a lateral move, but see above
USC - lateral move, basketball always second fiddle

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2013, 11:51:43 PM »
Let's be real... the landscape of college basketball favors us.  That's why Stevens, Smart, etc. stay put.  Do you want the UKentucky carousel where you have the 1 and dones, or a chance to build up a program and a legacy?  Do you want to babysit an NBA prospect for 1 year, or coach up future NBA players for 4 years?  From a coaching perspective, which is more attractive?

Minnesota - sub-lateral move
UCLA - not a lateral move, but see above
USC - lateral move, basketball always second fiddle

I hope Stevens stays put for new BE's sake.  But ESPNLA is reporting that he already met with UCLA to discuss the job

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9109731/butler-brad-stevens-top-target-ucla-search-new-coach

chren21

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2013, 11:52:56 PM »
If buzz isn't careful the one and dones will be lining up to come play for him...

Scooter22

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2013, 11:57:57 PM »
I hope Stevens stays put for new BE's sake.  But ESPNLA is reporting that he already met with UCLA to discuss the job

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9109731/butler-brad-stevens-top-target-ucla-search-new-coach

That's not quite what it says, but thanks for the information.  I also hope Stevens stays put...  otherwise the addition of Butler doesn't look quite as strong.  But, if my point is valid at all, he might.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2013, 12:05:23 AM »
That's not quite what it says, but thanks for the information.  I also hope Stevens stays put...  otherwise the addition of Butler doesn't look quite as strong.  But, if my point is valid at all, he might.

My bad.  Just read the article, I only watched the video the first time. Guy on the video says they've talked.  Yet another source in the article dismisses contract negotiations.  In any case, I hope Mike Brown or somebody else takes the job.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2013, 12:09:27 AM »
Pay the man, Larry.

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2013, 12:12:26 AM »
No joke. The guy just epitomizes laziness.
His names Mike Hunt, he is a joker! #BringbackRosiak
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2013, 12:18:06 AM »

Is it too late to kick out Butler and add VCU?

Scooter22

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2013, 12:18:22 AM »
Speaking of Mike Hunt, did anyone else see his interview pre-game?  His official JS photo must have been taken in 1977!  

chren21

• All American

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2013, 12:33:38 AM »

Fox Sports reported Stevens met in Westwood with UCLA and tomorrow will meet with Dan Guerrero in Indianapolis.  We'll see...sort of like the fog of war where many of these stories are crap.  If UCLA does get him, a lot here laughing about UCLA and their hiring process will have some major crow to eat.

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2013, 12:38:18 AM »
the last coach they got from the state of Indiana was pretty good too, Stevens would be an outstanding hire for Bruins
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

JD

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2013, 12:38:58 AM »
Rumors are calapari went to ucla Monday.
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2013, 12:40:51 AM »
Fox Sports reported Stevens met in Westwood with UCLA and tomorrow will meet with Dan Guerrero in Indianapolis.  We'll see...sort of like the fog of war where many of these stories are crap.  If UCLA does get him, a lot here laughing about UCLA and their hiring process will have some major crow to eat.

You're short.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2013, 05:33:52 AM »
You're short.

And not very attractive.

Logi4three

• Team Captain
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2013, 07:15:26 AM »

On Mike & Mike this am, Jay Bilas just said his contacts are telling him that Stevens has refused to even talk to UCLA.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2013, 07:16:55 AM »
Kind of like those laughing and complaining about MU's hiring process last time around? 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2013, 08:31:07 AM »

Why? Nobody would be able to judge the hire until 2019.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2013, 08:32:30 AM »
Brad Stevens tweeted about walking through Hinkle this morning and starting workouts next week.

He isn't going anywhere.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2013, 08:33:40 AM »
Why? Nobody would be able to judge the hire until 2019.

I look forward to next week when we can finally begin to judge the respective jobs done by Buzz and Coach Crean.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 08:36:09 AM by NavinRJohnson »