[June 23, 2024, 09:06:57 PM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by TedBaxter
[June 23, 2024, 01:25:27 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MU82
[June 23, 2024, 01:02:28 PM]

2025 Bracketology by Elonsmusk
[June 23, 2024, 01:00:18 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Student Section Chant Idea  (Read 37830 times)

Warrior1

• Starter
New Student Section Chant Idea
« on: March 01, 2012, 08:52:53 PM »
MUBB released this statment in an email to all students:

A message from your fellow Fanatics...

Fellow Fanatics:

We would like to unveil a NEW CHANT for this Saturday's game. I hope everybody is getting extremely excited about this upcoming matchup against Georgetown as we are. A few other fanatics and I have been trying to think of some great ideas to make this Senior Night a special one, and we finally came up with one to share with you. If you are not aware, Utah State's student section is one of the best in the country. Before every game, they perform an "I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN" chant that we would like to replicate on Saturday. Please click here to see what it looks like.
This "repeat-after-me" style chant will be led by a few of your fellow fanatics from the front of the student section on Saturday. We will be doing this RIGHT AFTER THE OPENING TIP occurs. We would like to bring some energy to the Bradley Center for DJO and Jae's last game and we feel like this would be the perfect fit. Thank you for your time, get ready to chant; we look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

WE ARE MARQUETTE!

-Joey Godziszewski, Spencer Bonahoom, and Jim Love

Personally, I think this is a shameless, embarrassing rip off of another schools good idea. It has also been ripped off by EVERY high school across the country. Why can't we come up with something that is our own. This is super lame.

I appreciate the effort, but lets try and be a little bit more creative. Especially if these guys want to be self-described student section leaders. I personally like the student sections that do somewhat of a small dance, such as Iowa State's moving in a circle thing. I think something like this would be original, fun, and get a much better reception from the students.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viEuYvUuwmo

cheebs09

• All American
Re: New Student Section Chant Idea
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 08:58:11 PM »
I'd say less than half of the student section actually read this e-mail (I am first reading it here) and less than 10% of those that read it are actually going to do it.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 09:06:11 PM »
I'd say less than half of the student section actually read this e-mail (I am first reading it here) and less than 10% of those that read it are actually going to do it.

Which will be even more entertaining when they're the only ones trying to do it.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 09:08:37 PM »
If the students could ever coordinate a top to bottom wave in the student section, that would be really cool.  The Golden Avalanche.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 09:16:51 PM »
If the students could ever coordinate a top to bottom wave in the student section, that would be really cool.  The Golden Avalanche.

only if occurred during a "Gold out" - oh, wait...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 09:21:08 PM »
Sorry. We'll be too busy chanting "automatic" when our guys are shooting free throws.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 09:32:59 PM »

Personally, I think this is a shameless, embarrassing rip off of another schools good idea. It has also been ripped off by EVERY high school across the country. Why can't we come up with something that is our own. This is super lame.

I appreciate the effort, but lets try and be a little bit more creative. Especially if these guys want to be self-described student section leaders. I personally like the student sections that do somewhat of a small dance, such as Iowa State's moving in a circle thing. I think something like this would be original, fun, and get a much better reception from the students.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viEuYvUuwmo

This is so cool. I wish we could do that

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 09:35:37 PM »
And that's the reason why are student section sucks, because people like you never cheer.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 09:41:15 PM »
Here's an idea, the only time our crowd gets loud when they show the Jump Around guy on the jumbotron.  Keep replaying him jumping around.  The fans love him.  Or just keep the jumbotron camera slowly scanning through the student section.  People go nuts to get on there.  Pretty sad that those are the only times the students get truly loud.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUSig54

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 09:52:30 PM »
Seeing as I will be at the GTown game I see no harm in this. Yeah we're ripping off a crapty school, but why not encourage the students to do some chants? Hell, UT State does have a helluva student section. I find nothing wrong with trying to emulate it and get the students involved.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 09:55:20 PM »
And that's the reason why are student section sucks, because people like you never cheer.

Are you Joey, Spencer or Jim? I cheer just fine thanks. I just don't believe that contrived cheers like this that are done at most high school games is really that exciting. I think a good student section is loud and fires the team up. I'd rather cheer and make a ton of noise when we are on defense and need a big stop or after a big basket.

What makes Duke such a great student section? They are loud and on top of the court which make them a big part of the game. It helps that their stadium is a little bit bigger than the Al. They have cheers, but that's not what makes them great.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 10:08:16 PM »
Are you Joey, Spencer or Jim? I cheer just fine thanks. I just don't believe that contrived cheers like this that are done at most high school games is really that exciting. I think a good student section is loud and fires the team up. I'd rather cheer and make a ton of noise when we are on defense and need a big stop or after a big basket.

What makes Duke such a great student section? They are loud and on top of the court which make them a big part of the game. It helps that their stadium is a little bit bigger than the Al. They have cheers, but that's not what makes them great.

+1.

This cheer sucks. Move along.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 10:11:51 PM »
I'm with Cheebs, I'm not sold that a lot of students will look at this.
Also at this point the novelty of overly coordinated/choreographed chants has warn off...
unless MUscoop became an MUHS board recently without me realizing it.

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 10:24:52 PM »
Why are we starting (stealing) this for the last home game?  ?-(

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 10:27:16 PM »
Just do the dang chant.  It won't kill you.

ChillinDoe

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 10:41:09 PM »
If all the students buy in it'd be really cool looking IMO. Just watched a YouTube video on Utah State doing it and everyone cheered...which might help to get them to cheer the rest of the game, too.

Rather than crap on the student section like usual...why not give them support when they actually try something "new."

In more important news...let's beat Georgetown.

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 10:46:38 PM »
My freshman year (2008-9) the student section was incredible every year. The last three years have been pitiful.

Sad.

ChillinDoe

• Walk-On
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 10:55:41 PM »
After every home game there's a thread bashing the student section.

So the students try to implement something new and of course it gets bashed before they even try it...

What if the cheer works, ESPN hears about/sees it, and puts it on SportsCenter along with our W over GTown  ;D

...Then the thread becomes "well done students...blah blah blah"

Just wait to see the outcome of it then take it from there...give the kids some credit for trying...

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 10:58:19 PM »
My freshman year (2008-9) the student section was incredible every year. The last three years have been pitiful.

Sad.

students these days are hairy wet cats!
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 11:01:13 PM »
Does Utah State still have the fat, shirtless halfwit that is entertaining?

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 11:26:03 PM »
sheesh, that cincy loss really stirred up a bunch of sand in vaginas 'round these parts. what would the same e-mail say to non-students?

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 11:40:49 PM »
MUBB released this statment in an email to all students:

A message from your fellow Fanatics...

Fellow Fanatics:

We would like to unveil a NEW CHANT for this Saturday's game. I hope everybody is getting extremely excited about this upcoming matchup against Georgetown as we are. A few other fanatics and I have been trying to think of some great ideas to make this Senior Night a special one, and we finally came up with one to share with you. If you are not aware, Utah State's student section is one of the best in the country. Before every game, they perform an "I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN" chant that we would like to replicate on Saturday. Please click here to see what it looks like.
This "repeat-after-me" style chant will be led by a few of your fellow fanatics from the front of the student section on Saturday. We will be doing this RIGHT AFTER THE OPENING TIP occurs. We would like to bring some energy to the Bradley Center for DJO and Jae's last game and we feel like this would be the perfect fit. Thank you for your time, get ready to chant; we look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

WE ARE MARQUETTE!

-Joey Godziszewski, Spencer Bonahoom, and Jim Love

For the uninitiated:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44YUnOoye58" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44YUnOoye58</a>
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:45:18 PM by Bocephys »

seakm4

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 12:04:17 AM »

A 15 row avalanche wouldn't be that impressive

RideMyBuycks

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 12:16:48 AM »
I wont even have my water bottle of rum dug out from my crotch by then...no go from me.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 01:00:00 AM »
students these days are hairy wet cats!

I miss the old Deane days of bringing 30 packs into the BC and sitting up stop drinking beer and smoking...ahhh....but I do have to say the students are sad this year...i actually don't blame them entirely, the whole in game experience MU puts on has become stagnant. Now I don't want a return of the fly guys or any crap like that, but the intro video this year is pretty weak. For one, it's way WAY to long...also, the whole U2 thing has run it's course. I am sorry, but Streets Have No Name has got go. No one, and I mean no one, gets up for that tune anymore. During the Final Four run you couldn't hear during that song, now, I can have conversations two rows back during it. Later Bono, go fight aids in Uganda.

There has been no life this year at the BC. It seems like they are a living off past laurels. Also, two years now no schedule magnet or bobblehead. Time to get some new damn sales people in the athletic department. The current clowns cant sell water to a person in the Sahara.
But I like to throw handfuls...