[Today at 02:56:18 PM]

my site phantom wallet login by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:59:17 PM]

Media Rights Update by WhiteTrash
[Today at 12:32:13 PM]

Marquette Challenge announced by GoFastAndWin
[June 25, 2024, 10:25:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wade and Heat  (Read 33984 times)

drewm88

• All American
Re: Wade and Heat
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2011, 10:01:36 AM »
Pakuni....you need to do some history lessons on trades denied by the NFL, NBA (pre Stern) and especially in the MLB because they had serious issues on objective outcomes.  As you noted earlier, several teams screamed bloody murder as they should have.  I've lived in this town long enough, have enough friends at the Lakers organization to know they get what they want and they don't even hide it.  They wink and smile because they know it's going to happen.  Trade Divac for Kobe Bryant...no problem.  Trade Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton, Aaron McKie and two picks for Pao Gasol....two picks that are crapshoot how they turn out (lucky for Memphis they did turn out, of course we all know with the NBA they won't be in Memphis long), etc.  Don't be shocked to see Howard here next and all the ankle breakers can reload their cars with their Laker flags. 

Are you seriously suggesting there was something shady about the Divac for Kobe deal? Kobe was a 17 year old kid who had already been passed on by 12 teams in favor of players like Samaki Walker and Kerry Kittles. Divac was a 27 year old 7 footer with durability who had been close to averaging a double double for the past 3 seasons. How is that shady?

I'm aware of the story about his agent telling the Hornets he didn't want to play there, but the deal was supposedly in place the day before with the Hornets having no idea who the Lakers wanted selected, just that they'd get Vlade in exchange.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2011, 10:11:29 AM »
Haha nope, he is the biggest.

Baron Davis... Mike Red... there are a ton of horrible maxes.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2011, 10:14:54 AM »
ironically in 1997, Charlotte GM Bob Bass was named the NBA Executive of the year in part for his trade to acquire Vlade Divac for Kobe.
Divac helped the Hornets improve from 41 to 54 wins that season.

Bass also made the trade of Larry Johnson to the Knicks for Anthony Mason that season.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 10:18:11 AM by oldwarrior81 »

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2011, 10:21:20 AM »
Baron Davis... Mike Red... there are a ton of horrible maxes.

Joe Johnson.  Rashard Lewis.  Elton Brand.

I'm not even trying hard here.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2011, 10:27:35 AM »

Didn't Vin Baker get a max deal with someone?  The Celtics maybe.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2011, 10:46:52 AM »
Didn't Vin Baker get a max deal with someone?  The Celtics maybe.

I thought it was the sonics... but I could be wrong, and I won't be looking it up.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2011, 11:17:06 AM »

Agent Zero.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2011, 11:30:11 AM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Deng-hits-60-foot-buzzer-beater-LeBron-s?urn=nba-wp3490

Yea he didnt want to foul the guy.   
I dont get why you hate Lebron so much
1.Never gets in trouble with the law
2.Has a fun time when he plays
3.Passes the ball and distributes better than any small forward ever
4.Passed up bigger money just so he could play for a winner
5.O yea and that "decision" that made you so mad....Well guess what....It gave a 2 million dollar donation to the boys and girls club of Connecticut.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2011, 11:40:00 AM »

So What?  I'd guess most of the people I hate haven't been in trouble with the law.

And plays with a completely contrived personality and seems completely self absorbed.
Great passer.
He was already on a winning team.  He wanted to go to a team where he wasn't the guy.
5.O yea and that "decision" that made you so mad....Well guess what....It gave a 2 million dollar donation to the boys and girls club of Connecticut.
In a completely self aggrandizing way.  He could have just signed with Miami and made a 2 million dollar donation, or raised the money in some other way that wasn't the most self absorbed moment in sports history.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2011, 11:42:24 AM »
And if you saw that play as him not wanting to foul him, I don't even know what to say.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2011, 12:11:37 PM »
"...most of the people you hate??"

Jeez, I can probably count the number of people I "hate" on one hand.  I that is generally set aside for terrorist masterminds or the like. 

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2011, 12:55:15 PM »
Well giving up on the play certainly is one way to do that.

He acts all high and mighty despite not having a title.  He has the most talent and best NBA body yet he doesn't utilize it all of the time.

I can only dislike criminals?

He dances after meaningless baskets.  Dance when you win something.

Yes.  He is the best player in the NBA. (This isn't sarcasm.)

Lebron passed up very little.  Florida doesn't have a state income tax plus a lot of his money is from endorsements.  Wade took the biggest paycut.  Why didn't Lebron pass up more money so the Heat could afford a bench?

Right.... he held that show just to benefit the children.  It wasn't about him at all.

JimmyB!

• Walk-On
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2011, 01:06:17 PM »
I disagree, Wade and Lebron are at their best with the ball in their hands.  No point guard needed. Now a talented 5.... then they will be tough to beat.

Then why do they even play bibby? He is clearly does more harm than good out there.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2011, 01:11:22 PM »
Well giving up on the play certainly is one way to do that.

He acts all high and mighty despite not having a title.  He has the most talent and best NBA body yet he doesn't utilize it all of the time.

I can only dislike criminals?

He dances after meaningless baskets.  Dance when you win something.

Yes.  He is the best player in the NBA. (This isn't sarcasm.)

Lebron passed up very little.  Florida doesn't have a state income tax plus a lot of his money is from endorsements.  Wade took the biggest paycut.  Why didn't Lebron pass up more money so the Heat could afford a bench?

Right.... he held that show just to benefit the children.  It wasn't about him at all.

If you take a step back and think about it for a minute, do you hate James more because of the whole Bulls thing?  You usually don't take this strong of a stand on things unless they have to do with your favorite sports teams.

Personally, I can't see disliking any of his faults enough to really care that much since he's still so fun to watch play.  I guess I'm wondering why it struck such a chord with you?

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2011, 01:12:39 PM »
Rules of the NBA according to tall-titan
1.Never make a smart career decision because you might piss off some fans in Cleveland and jealous Bulls fans

2.You can only celebrate if you have won a title.  
Lebron you cant celebrate after a big bucket but Luke Walton can feel free to do it whenever he wants cause he earned it.  O yea Dickie Simpkins earned it as well so dance Dickie Dance!!!!!  Patrick Ewing, John Stockton, Karl Malone, Reggie Miller: I better not see as much as a fist pump out of you losers!!!

3.You can never do a United Way, NBA Charities, Make a donation, or make any public appereances unless of course it only comes from the heart and not for any publicity.   Dont even think about giving two million to children because you are obviously only doing it cause your a self centered prima donna who wants spotlight

4. If you are a star player you have to stay with your team....Or go to the Bulls

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2011, 01:23:38 PM »
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:34:53 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2011, 01:30:34 PM »
As I have stated at least two times already in this thread..... I've disliked Lebron well before he left Cleveland.

It has nothing to do with him not going to the Bulls.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2011, 01:33:52 PM »
1.Never make a smart career decision because you might piss off some fans in Cleveland and jealous Bulls fans
I've disliked Lebron well before he left Cleveland.  It has nothing to do with him not going to the Bulls.  I wanted Wade and not Lebron to go to the Bulls because I don't like Lebron even though he is the better player.

2.You can only celebrate if you have won a title. Lebron you cant celebrate after a big bucket but Luke Walton can feel free to do it whenever he wants cause he earned it.  O yea Dickie Simpkins earned it as well so dance Dickie Dance!!!!!  Patrick Ewing, John Stockton, Karl Malone, Reggie Miller: I better not see as much as a fist pump out of you losers!!!
How many of them held a championship party before the season started? 

3.You can never do a United Way, NBA Charities, Make a donation, or make any public appereances unless of course it only comes from the heart and not for any publicity.   Dont even think about giving two million to children because you are obviously only doing it cause your a self centered prima donna who wants spotlight
You honestly think the desision was for the kids?  Wow.

4. If you are a star player you have to stay with your team....Or go to the Bulls
Again, this has nothing to do with Lebron not going to the Bulls.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2011, 01:37:04 PM »
As I have stated at least two times already in this thread..... I've disliked Lebron well before he left Cleveland.

It has nothing to do with him not going to the Bulls.

I don't disagree with your statements or convictions.  I'm wondering how much the dislike would have dissipated if he donned the Bulls uniform

To me it's like watching people get all ginned up about Rodman back in the day.  Laker fans hated him.....UNTIL.....he became a Laker.  Laker fans hated Karl Malone....UNTIL....he became a Laker.  Fans are a funny bunch but that's why they are fans because we all do crazy stuff to justify our convictions.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 02:01:01 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2011, 01:41:39 PM »
BREAKING NEWS

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/122239109.html

Anybody have still frame of buzz? Hope it's not like costanza on tv during tennis match!
"We have the blues on the run!"

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2011, 01:45:25 PM »
I don't disagree with your statements or convictions.  I'm wondering how much the dislike would have dissipated if he donned the Bulls uniform

If Lebron was a Bull, I would cheer for him, but I would still have all of my complaints about him.

I cheer for Boozer but I can't stand his antics on the court.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2011, 01:47:39 PM »
Me crapping on Lebron well before "The Decision"

You're too funny :P

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »
3.You can never do a United Way, NBA Charities, Make a donation, or make any public appereances unless of course it only comes from the heart and not for any publicity.   Dont even think about giving two million to children because you are obviously only doing it cause your a self centered prima donna who wants spotlight

Just so we're dealing with facts, LeBron didn't give $2 million to charity that night. He required ESPN, via its advertisers, to pay $2 million (it actually was more) to charity for the rights to broadcast "The Decision."
Though I'm sure the people that money helps could not care less, let's not play that exercise in self-glorification as an act of philanthropy.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2011, 02:13:17 PM »
Anybody have still frame of buzz? Hope it's not like costanza on tv during tennis match!

I'm just amazed this even makes the news in any way, shape or form.  Thought the part about the ice cream was an added touch of Are You Kidding Me?  Glad no one followed him to the bathroom for more details

feedback