[June 28, 2024, 08:20:44 PM]

Media Rights Update by MUDPT
[June 28, 2024, 07:07:34 PM]

Kolek picked by Portland by avid1010
[June 28, 2024, 06:51:56 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by mugrad_89
[June 28, 2024, 01:00:19 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wade and Heat  (Read 33990 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: Wade and Heat
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2011, 11:15:54 PM »
darn - you mean the bulls didnt hit 50% of their 3's again?

You can't tell me the Bulls didn't play like crap yet still made a game of it. How often does a team shoot 35% and not get blown out?

Great win for the Heat.....glad to see Udonis back contributing......closing game on 12-2 run was beautiful to watch.

Haslam was a game changer tonight.  Not only did he put up the points he kept the Bulls from getting as many second chance opportunities as game one.  His shots were falling short at the end because he was gassed, however, he was solid for a good amount of time seeing how much he has played.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2011, 12:13:46 AM »
Chicos, I've hated LeBron well before he went to Miami.

He's constantly dancing on the court despite not winning anything.  He disappears in the playoffs.  Yet he calls himself "King James".  I didn't realize winning a High School State Title got you that title?

I think a lot of people on here are crapping on the Bulls just because they hate everything from Illinois.

Well, it's easy to crap on things from Illinois.   ;D

On your comment about James and the playoffs...is this reality or lore?  Sure, against the Celtics last year he didn't produce.  Didn't he almost single handedly take the Cleveland Cavaliers to the NBA Finals a few years ago?  Think about that statement..CLEVELAND CAVALIERS IN THE NBA FINALS.  You won't hear those words again for 50 years and it happened because of him.

Didn't the Cavs beat the Bulls last year in the playoffs?  The year prior didn't James hit an insane shot in the playoffs against the Magic with like a second left to win the game and even the series? 

In 2007, trailing 2 games to none did he not will his team to 4 straight wins against the Pistons and put them into the Finals?

His career playoff average is almost 30 ppg per game.  Seems a lot more myth than reality.  People seem to want to take 1 or 2 games and extrapolate to his entire career.

Don't get me wrong, there is plenty not to like but he's also still a young man and they make mistakes.  The not shaking hands thing, the powder clap coming onto the court, the Decision...etc, etc.  Then again, he's not out there sexually assaulting some young woman in a Denver hotel and having to pay her off....not that we know of.  He's not out there gambling like a drunken sailor to the point the league has to have a few chats with him, etc, etc.

I, for one, find is rather refreshing that a guy was willing to join forces with other players nearly his equal and willing to share that limelight...something you almost never see in the NBA anymore.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2011, 12:53:57 AM »

I, for one, find is rather refreshing that a guy was willing to join forces with other players nearly his equal and willing to share that limelight...something you almost never see in the NBA anymore.

1. I thought one of the things you hated about the NBA was that some teams can routinely stockpile All Star players. 2. You say he joined forces with players nearly his equal. Player, yes. Players, not even close.

MU Buff

• Starter
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2011, 02:20:12 AM »

On your comment about James and the playoffs...is this reality or lore?  Sure, against the Celtics last year he didn't produce.  Didn't he almost single handedly take the Cleveland Cavaliers to the NBA Finals a few years ago?  Think about that statement..CLEVELAND CAVALIERS IN THE NBA FINALS.  You won't hear those words again for 50 years and it happened because of him.

Didn't the Cavs beat the Bulls last year in the playoffs?  The year prior didn't James hit an insane shot in the playoffs against the Magic with like a second left to win the game and even the series? 

In 2007, trailing 2 games to none did he not will his team to 4 straight wins against the Pistons and put them into the Finals?

His career playoff average is almost 30 ppg per game.  Seems a lot more myth than reality.  People seem to want to take 1 or 2 games and extrapolate to his entire career.

Don't get me wrong, there is plenty not to like but he's also still a young man and they make mistakes.  The not shaking hands thing, the powder clap coming onto the court, the Decision...etc, etc.  Then again, he's not out there sexually assaulting some young woman in a Denver hotel and having to pay her off....not that we know of.  He's not out there gambling like a drunken sailor to the point the league has to have a few chats with him, etc, etc.

You pretty much took exactly what I said and expanded on it a little more.  I think it's safe to say we agree.

JimmyB!

• Walk-On
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2011, 03:55:51 AM »
Bibby looks absolutely horrible out there, like he doesn't even belong on an NBA roster anymore. A decent point guard would make the Heat even more dangerous next year.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2011, 06:06:42 AM »
Don't get me wrong, there is plenty not to like but he's also still a young man and they make mistakes.

There are much younger men in the NBA who handle themselves like adults.  Lebron has been in the league 8 years.  When will he finally grow up?

I don't dislike the Heat.  They are my second favorite team.  What I dislike is Lebron James. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 06:10:47 AM by TallTitan34 »

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2011, 07:26:37 AM »
A decent point guard would make the Heat even more dangerous next year.

I disagree, Wade and Lebron are at their best with the ball in their hands.  No point guard needed. Now a talented 5.... then they will be tough to beat.

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2011, 07:54:13 AM »

Like D Wade?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2011, 08:29:02 AM »
The key part of the game last night was when Ashik went out with his injury.  Honestly, Miami couldn't do a think with him in there guarding the basket.  As soon as Noah got back in there, they had to change up what they did defensively and LBJ took advantage of that.

And Miami won that on the defensive end.  The Bulls really need to get Korver or Bogans on track because someone needs to hit some shots out there and punish them for their double teams on Rose.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2011, 08:34:08 AM »
Korver was an absolute mess out there last night. If he isn't going to score, there is no way they can have him on the floor.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2011, 08:38:50 AM »
Damn.  Bulls played like crap tonight but still made a game of it.  Shot 35% and missed its free throws.  Have to take one in Miami.

That LeBron guy really dissapeared again in the Clutch today ::)

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2011, 09:05:48 AM »
In Lebron's postgame interview he told everyone how he battled through his cold.  "Do you hear my voice?" he asked.

Are you for real?  A cold?  How does he do it playing through a cold?????  He really is a king.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2011, 09:10:50 AM »
That LeBron guy really dissapeared again in the Clutch today ::)

Where was he in game 1?  The guy doesn't give it his all at all the time.  When Deng took a half court shot at the end of the first Lebron just walked past him and didn't even try to guard him.

Lebron has more talent than anyone in the NBA but he doesn't use it all of the time.  He also has the best NBA body, yet he doesn't use that to his advantage either.  I also don't get why Lebron doesn't develop a post game.  With his body, he should be able to dominate most players down low aside from Dwight Howard.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2011, 09:13:04 AM »
In Lebron's postgame interview he told everyone how he battled through his cold.  "Do you hear my voice?" he asked.

You mean after he was asked about it? Yeah, how dare he answer a question honestly!

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2011, 09:16:27 AM »
But Lebron milked it. 

Derrick Rose is playing with a grade 2 sprain in his ankle.  When ever he is asked about it he says "It's fine".  He doesn't say that he somehow battled through it.

Boozer milks his injury as well when asked about it.  He'll let everyone know how bad his toe is.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2011, 09:18:21 AM »

Are you for real?  A cold?  How does he do it playing through a cold?????  He really is a king.

Where does Lebron overcoming the sniffles rank in the pantheon of courageous NBA playoff performances? More inspirational than Willis Reed one legged performance in 1970? What a joke.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2011, 09:20:01 AM »
But Lebron milked it. 

Derrick Rose is playing with a grade 2 sprain in his ankle.  When ever he is asked about it he says "It's fine".  He doesn't say that he somehow battled through it.

You are starting to sound a little obsessive...  Just sayin'.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2011, 09:23:10 AM »
I have more respect for Joe Chapman playing through the flu than Lebron playing through a cold.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2011, 09:36:01 AM »
Where was he in game 1?  The guy doesn't give it his all at all the time.  When Deng took a half court shot at the end of the first Lebron just walked past him and didn't even try to guard him.

Lebron has more talent than anyone in the NBA but he doesn't use it all of the time.  He also has the best NBA body, yet he doesn't use that to his advantage either.  I also don't get why Lebron doesn't develop a post game.  With his body, he should be able to dominate most players down low aside from Dwight Howard.

What a joke.  You are clearly blinded by something.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2011, 09:42:23 AM »
If you are going to call yourself "King", I expect great things.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2011, 09:46:08 AM »

He did not hamstring Cleveland for years.  These are the rules by which the CBA operates.  Other players don't want to play in Cleveland, that's a fact of life.  This is why it's the same franchises in the NBA that typically win...there are exceptions but for the most part the star players want to migrate to play for the Lakers, Celtics and a few others.  Howard can't get out of Orlando fast enough, but I'll bet very few people here are going to scream "he hamstrung poor Orlando"....please....especially if he dons the colors of their team.

For the record Chicos, I didn't mean going into the future.  I mean in the past.  The last few years, the Cavs were ready to sign anyone Lebron wanted, but players weren't keen on going to Cleveland, cause they didn't think/know he would stay after the 2010 season.  Thats the point I was making.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2011, 09:55:19 AM »
In response to the Boozer comment, Mike and Mike were talking about him this morning, and is there a bigger waste of a max contract?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2011, 10:00:25 AM »
Look, it is clearly obvious why LBJ was frustrated in Cleveland.  When MJ took his year and a half off from the Bulls, Chicago was still good enough to make the Eastern Conference semis.  When LBJ left the Cavs, they became one of the worst teams in the NBA.  Plus his owner was obviously a big douche.  Can't blame the guy for leaving one bit.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2011, 10:01:07 AM »
In response to the Boozer comment, Mike and Mike were talking about him this morning, and is there a bigger waste of a max contract?

Haha nope, he is the biggest.

feedback