[June 23, 2024, 09:54:22 PM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by TedBaxter
[June 23, 2024, 01:25:27 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MU82
[June 23, 2024, 01:02:28 PM]

2025 Bracketology by Elonsmusk
[June 23, 2024, 01:00:18 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Butler to the Bobcats  (Read 20638 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

mikem91288

• Team Captain
Re: Butler to the Bobcats
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 07:06:41 PM »
Ahead of Shelvin Mack!

Man I hope he makes it! I'm buying a shirzey for sure whatever team he ends up on.
Warrior in the class of 2011.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 07:34:26 PM »
interesting how far they forecast Luerer falling in the draft.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 07:38:08 PM »
interesting how far they forecast Luerer falling in the draft.

Actually I've seen Leuer in the 2nd round most of the year....ners had him pegged as a first rounder which I think made all of us chuckle. 

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 07:59:28 PM »
Nobody's giving guaranteed money to Jereme Richmond. Nobody

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 08:01:13 PM »
Actually I've seen Leuer in the 2nd round most of the year....ners had him pegged as a first rounder which I think made all of us chuckle. 

Leuer has dropped since the start of the season under Bo. Butler came out of nowhere after another year under Buzz. That makes all of us Marquette fans chuckle.

GoMarquette32

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 08:12:46 PM »
That would be sweet if the bucks got him.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 08:16:29 PM »
Leuer was exposed by Matt Howard in the Tourney.  He's not tough enough to play any kind of interior role in the NBA. 

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 08:27:50 PM »
They have the Bucks taking 20yo and 19yo 7 footers.  More projects.

Is Jeremy Tyler the one who quit high school early to go play professionally overseas?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 08:36:30 PM »
I've been seeing Leuer's name a lot at the end of round 1, mostly going to the Bulls lately. Which I would hate, because I'm a Bulls fan, and frankly, with Noah, Boozer, Asik, Gibson, and even Thomas, I just don't see where Leuer fits in.

I'd love Butler in a Bulls uni, his defense would endear him to Thibodeau, he could back up at the 2 and 3. Though my first pick would be Marshon Brooks, we need a SG that can score a bit, and I think Brooks could develop into a 12-14 ppg guy.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

whodem

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 08:37:48 PM »
They have the Bucks taking 20yo and 19yo 7 footers.  More projects.

Is Jeremy Tyler the one who quit high school early to go play professionally overseas?

Yes

DaCoach

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 09:07:20 PM »
Leuer was exposed by Matt Howard in the Tourney.  He's not tough enough to play any kind of interior role in the NBA. 
Novak is a better pure shooter and he's bounced around because he wasn't a power interior player and marginal on the defense. Why would an NBA waste a 1st round pick on Leuer.
Players win awards but teams win championships

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 09:14:42 PM »
Novak is a better pure shooter and he's bounced around because he wasn't a power interior player and marginal on the defense. Why would an NBA waste a 1st round pick on Leuer.
They wouldn't...that was my point exactly.

Leuer I guess could be a Steve Novak type player except he's nowhere near the shooter and no NBA team would grade him as such. 

I'm not sure what role if any he could play for a team in the NBA...he'd get abused if asked to play inside and he's an average perimeter shooter.  He got abused by Howard, who was in turn abused by the UCONN bigs.  What does that tell you would happen to him in the NBA, where the big guys are so much better? 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 10:01:44 PM »
Leuer has dropped since the start of the season under Bo. Butler came out of nowhere after another year under Buzz. That makes all of us Marquette fans chuckle.

Seems like a good kid, wish we had him on the team...could have helped.  

So he's dropped...do you have evidence of this?  I have some which I'll list below

Here's what the draft history for Leuer says on DRAFT EXPRESS...that's quite a drop going from 61 at the start of the season to 50 this week.  The only "evidence" I see is a bleacher report article that says he'll drop because he had a bad game against Butler...really?  One bad game now sums up everything?  Interesting. I say 2nd round where I've said he'll go all along.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jon-Leuer-5854/mock-draft-history/

On NBA Draft.net he's a late first rounder and hasn't moved from there...it makes me chuckle.  No way is he a first rounder, except for that site and ners.

DraftSite has him at 51, almost the same as DraftExpress

Of course all that matters is what happens on draft day...people picking where someone will get drafted are about as accurate as the preseason polls you love so much.  They're for fun, and nothing more.  
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 10:07:09 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 10:54:34 PM »
Chuckle

3 times in this thread so far.  There's no way that there's this much chuckling going on with MUScoop peeps

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 11:11:53 PM »
I am in disbelief that www.nbadraft.net updated again this morning and still doesn't have JFB as one of the top 75 SENIOR prospects, meaning they still don't believe he would be picked in a 4-round draft.

I am starting to hate nbadraft.net.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 11:23:22 PM »
3 times in this thread so far.  There's no way that there's this much chuckling going on with MUScoop peeps

Reading that makes me chuckle.

(Really, I did honestly chuckle ;) )
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 06:18:04 AM »
I'm not so sure Leuer "dropped" so much as he was surpassed on Wisconsin's team in my opinion. I think Taylor obviously started wowing people and, frankly, that red-headed kid seems like a keeper to me. Leuer is who he always was, he just stopped standing out so much.

burger

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 07:53:43 AM »
Butler is going to go higher than the 7th pick in the 2nd round.....

The first round gives "guaranteed money".....and that works both ways.....

Non-guaranteed guys like Wes can get a "huge" free agent contract after a year if they are not on a first round guarantee.....

The problem the NBA has is some of the "slugs' they draft in the first round want the $3m+ 3 year and they are done....They don't give a rats A$$ about getting that 2nd contract or getting better....

I think everyone is comfortable in saying that Jimmy Butler is not in that category.....

Jimmy Butler "will" be a first round pick......

Jimmy Butler "will" not get past the Bulls late in the first round......maybe earlier.....

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 09:58:15 AM »

Non-guaranteed guys like Wes can get a "huge" free agent contract after a year if they are not on a first round guarantee.....

The problem the NBA has is some of the "slugs' they draft in the first round want the $3m+ 3 year and they are done....They don't give a rats A$$ about getting that 2nd contract or getting better....

I think everyone is comfortable in saying that Jimmy Butler is not in that category.....

Jimmy Butler "will" not get past the Bulls late in the first round......maybe earlier.....

I love JFB to death, but no.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 10:06:05 AM »

No.  Wes was undrafted.  Second round picks are non-guaranteed, but they don't have the ability to negotiate new contracts after their first year.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2011, 10:23:33 AM »

Exception, not rule.  Name the last guy before Wes this happened to.  I can't, because I never heard of it happening before.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2011, 10:58:59 AM »
No.  Wes was undrafted.  Second round picks are non-guaranteed, but they don't have the ability to negotiate new contracts after their first year.

So, the best possible scenario for Jimmy would be to go undrafted.  Much as it would offend those of us here.  Unfortunately, JB will get drafted, and have to wait on his payday.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 11:00:10 AM »
Seems like a good kid, wish we had him on the team...could have helped.  

So he's dropped...do you have evidence of this?  I have some which I'll list below

Here's what the draft history for Leuer says on DRAFT EXPRESS...that's quite a drop going from 61 at the start of the season to 50 this week.  The only "evidence" I see is a bleacher report article that says he'll drop because he had a bad game against Butler...really?  One bad game now sums up everything?  Interesting. I say 2nd round where I've said he'll go all along.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jon-Leuer-5854/mock-draft-history/

On NBA Draft.net he's a late first rounder and hasn't moved from there...it makes me chuckle.  No way is he a first rounder, except for that site and ners.

DraftSite has him at 51, almost the same as DraftExpress

Of course all that matters is what happens on draft day...people picking where someone will get drafted are about as accurate as the preseason polls you love so much.  They're for fun, and nothing more.  

From 61 to 50... sounds like a drop to me! ;)
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 12:56:58 PM »
I believe I still have a shoe to eat if Jimmy gets drafted.

feedback