[Today at 01:41:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 9/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 12:38:47 PM]

More conference realignment talk by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 08:44:46 AM]

NIL Future by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 07:20:43 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] Warriors are in demand  (Read 1685 times)

CrackedSidewalksSays

[Cracked Sidewalks] Warriors are in demand
« on: March 23, 2011, 09:15:07 AM »
Warriors are in demand

Written by: noreply@blogger.com (Tim Blair)

One of the greatest weeks for any alum (at least one who is a basketball fanatic) happens when your team reaches the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament.  The Warriors had been away from this limelight for far too long. With MU back in the mix  the program as well as the university are garnering more than their share of attention.  Let's just hope the Warriors handle the spotlight with a minimum of distractions, as Alan pointed out yesterday.

To die hard fans many of the storylines are tired or at least familiar, but to the casual college basketball fan, this week offers a week of glowing coverage and attention to the program and the institution.  We'll have more substantive coverage coming leading up to the game, but in the meantime enjoy a sampling of the high-profile coverage of Marquette hoops.
Finally, CBS Sports also has this video preview of Friday night's game.  Jon Rothstein picks the Warriors to pull off the upset.

http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2011/03/warriors-are-in-demand.html

96warrior

• Team Captain
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] Warriors are in demand
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »
From the AP article:
"Whether they're junior college or high school or transfers, whatever that is, to endure the culture that we have here, you have to have something to you as a human," Williams said.

I was just wondering this morning how the non-JUCO guys were feeling. On a roster of 14 guys, 5 started as JUCOs. 2 came here as transfers.  7 are freshman or started at MU as freshman. So much is made of the JUCO angle, and it's true that the guys who get the most attention happen to have come from junior colleges, but the majority of our roster isn't made up of JUCOs. So I'm glad to see Buzz making comments in the media now referring to the different backgrounds of all of the guys on the roster.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 10:28:36 AM »
I was just wondering this morning how the non-JUCO guys were feeling. On a roster of 14 guys, 5 started as JUCOs. 2 came here as transfers.  7 are freshman or started at MU as freshman. So much is made of the JUCO angle, and it's true that the guys who get the most attention happen to have come from junior colleges, but the majority of our roster isn't made up of JUCOs. So I'm glad to see Buzz making comments in the media now referring to the different backgrounds of all of the guys on the roster.

Unless the final scholie goes to one, next year's team will have only DJO and Crowder as JUCO players.  All of the Juniors and underclassmen will be "four year players". 
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 10:36:21 AM »
From the AP article:
"Whether they're junior college or high school or transfers, whatever that is, to endure the culture that we have here, you have to have something to you as a human," Williams said.

Take a closer look at the quote...Buzz is saying whether you are a JUCO, high school kid, or transfer that comes to MU..you have to be of a certain toughness to be able to make it at MU...
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 10:40:41 AM »
Transition defense is SO important in this game.  Hopefully, it doesn't affect our offensive rebounding too much.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

96warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 11:50:23 AM »
Take a closer look at the quote...Buzz is saying whether you are a JUCO, high school kid, or transfer that comes to MU..you have to be of a certain toughness to be able to make it at MU...

Yes, I know. It's the first time among all of this media blitz that I have heard of any background other than the JUCO route. "I was just wondering" as in, "I had just been thinking about it this morning, before reading this article", what the non-JUCOs, who make up most of our roster, were thinking about so much being made of just the JUCO angle.

See the last sentence of my original post.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 11:55:22 AM »
Yes, I know. It's the first time among all of this media blitz that I have heard of any background other than the JUCO route. "I was just wondering" as in, "I had just been thinking about it this morning, before reading this article", what the non-JUCOs, who make up most of our roster, were thinking about so much being made of just the JUCO angle.

See the last sentence of my original post.

Missed your last sentence...do get your point...though about not wanting the other guys to feel they weren't part of the story since the JUCO story is getting played up so much..
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

96warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 12:03:08 PM »
Right-o. My concerns have been assuaged with these recent comments that include all the backgrounds.

feedback