[Today at 08:29:52 AM]

Tyler and Oso event last night? by Scoop Snoop
[September 26, 2024, 06:51:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Oregon Warrior
[September 26, 2024, 05:14:01 PM]

Starting line ups/rotations 24-25 by PGsHeroes32
[September 26, 2024, 11:53:24 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tyshawn Taylor revisited  (Read 13244 times)

lurch91

• All American
Tyshawn Taylor revisited
« on: January 22, 2010, 02:57:37 PM »
Where's Hurley in all of this???

Almost two years ago Hurley was the hardheaded coach looking out for the best interest of his player, which meant he wanted Tyshawn to be released from his LOI to attend Kansas.  He talked about not wanting one of his players to end up in a situation where he didn't fit, and end up unhappy.

Where is Hurley now?

mu-rara

• All American
Re: Tyshawn Taylor revisited
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 03:00:12 PM »
I watched the ESPN highlights of the KU game.  TT not on the floor at crunch time....

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 03:03:42 PM »
Can he make his free throws at the end of games?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 03:04:20 PM »
He's too busy point plankin

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 03:06:31 PM »
More than a few posters around here stated he would be over-recruited within two years.  They were right.  Taylor will either have to wait for an injury, be happy getting 15-20 mpg, or transfer.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 03:10:22 PM »
Well then, it looks like Tyshawn and Hurley screwed the pooch on this one.....

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 03:48:14 PM »
Its really hard to argue that he made the "wrong" decision in going to Kansas.  That is where he wanted to go from the start.

He gets to play at a school that has a legit chance at a Final 4 every year...with this year being a serious contender for the National Title.

If they dont land one of the Elite 2010 PGs/SGs (Knight, Selby, Lamb)...He will be in line for significant minutes his JR and SR years.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 03:52:18 PM »
If they dont land one of the Elite 2010 PGs/SGs (Knight, Selby, Lamb)...He will be in line for significant minutes his JR and SR years.

AND if he learns to keep his mouth shut and just play.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 03:53:48 PM »
5 assists, no turnovers....I'd take him...again.   

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 03:58:22 PM »
5 assists, no turnovers....I'd take him...again.   

I wouldn't.  Too many off-court issues.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 04:10:38 PM »
At least MU doesn't have a football team he could get into a fight with.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 04:28:52 PM »

It seems that most of those issues are of the good old fashion boys willl be boys.....fight over a girl, who's tougher than the next guy.  Been going on forever.  Unless there were drugs involved or stealing or something major like that, a fight seems pretty mellow to me.  Maybe there was another incident I'm not aware of.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 04:44:53 PM »
More than a few posters around here stated he would be over-recruited within two years.  They were right.  Taylor will either have to wait for an injury, be happy getting 15-20 mpg, or transfer.

Tyshawn Taylor, meet Bobby Frasor.

Anyhow, if he's happier getting limited PT at Kansas than a starring role at Marquette or somewhere else, there's nothing wrong with that. Bobby Frasor was smart enough to know he'd be recruited over at UNC, and he went there anyhow because it was a "dream" school.
That said, Taylor comes off at best as being pretty naive if he believed he was a lock to be a four-year starter and primary option at KU.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 04:50:55 PM »
If I was TT, I'd look at it this way: I'm at KU. I can WIN a championship here. It may not be about ME but when "One Shining Moment" begins playing and I'm crying, I'll remember why I'm here...

...and not MU.

:/
SS Marquette

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 05:29:53 PM »

Right............

Cause we didn't have a Senior asked off the team for his smoking activities off the court.

Cause we didn't have a Freshman asked off the team because of his overbearing parent off the court.

Cause we didn't have a committed recruit sexually assault someone off the court.

Cause we didn't cut ties with one of the top shooting guard prospects in the country because his handlers keep getting in the way off the court.

We have plenty of issues off the court.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 05:39:01 PM »
Right............

Cause we didn't have a Senior asked off the team for his smoking activities off the court.

Cause we didn't have a Freshman asked off the team because of his overbearing parent off the court.

Cause we didn't have a committed recruit sexually assault someone off the court.

Cause we didn't cut ties with one of the top shooting guard prospects in the country because his handlers keep getting in the way off the court.

So you're saying we should continue to take chances on risky players because they haven't paid off in the past????

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 05:58:15 PM »
Right............

Marquette basketball has gone rogue.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 06:57:44 PM »
Right............

1. Don't know enough about it
2. He's not here anymore
3. He will never be here
4. He will never be here

I fail to see how we can have off court issues if 3 of the 4 people you reference aren't part of the program.

Furthermore, just because you have some, doesn't me you should get more.

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 08:05:50 PM »
The kid is spoiled. He should be grateful for earning a scholarship to one of the greatest college basketball programs in the country.

Hurley should be blamed for enabling this kid. Self is completely right for being pissed--and so should be the fans.

Can you imagine a team with Maymon and TT? Let's hope he learns from this---I hope he doesn't transfer, and learns/respect his role.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 08:57:47 PM by Knight Commission »

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, 09:51:50 PM »

I fail to see how we can have off court issues if 3 of the 4 people you reference aren't part of the program.

You must be in politics with math like that. Two of the four listed were full members of the program during their issues. The third was a part of the program but not on the team this year during his issue. And the fourth may still find himself in the program despite his issues.

Oh, that's right, I'm sure you'll say since they aren't around today then there aren't any "off the court" issues. Bottom line, we've had issues; we still have issues; we will have issues. To me, pooh-poohing a kid who punched his girl's ex-boyfriend on the basis of his "issues" reeks of a double standard (and probably some leftover bitterness).

reinko

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 10:08:59 PM »

You must be in politics with math like that. Two of the four listed were full members of the program during their issues. The third was a part of the program but not on the team this year during his issue. And the fourth may still find himself in the program despite his issues.

Oh, that's right, I'm sure you'll say since they aren't around today then there aren't any "off the court" issues. Bottom line, we've had issues; we still have issues; we will have issues. To me, pooh-poohing a kid who punched his girl's ex-boyfriend on the basis of his "issues" reeks of a double standard (and probably some leftover bitterness).

Well let's be honest, the first two are instances are rumor and innuendo.  Don't claim they are facts, when the whole truth is not known. 

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 10:34:59 PM »

Double standard????  A double standard would be if I supported the actions of the instances you listed, but then didn't support the actions of TT.  I don't think any MU fan was too happy to hear about the four instances you felt the need to bring up, and not wanting to add to that list is not a double standard.  Some might be crazy enough to call it learning from mistakes.  A double standard would be something like you posting a stupid comment, not owning up to it, and then blaming someone else for posting a stupid comment.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, 06:40:29 AM »
Sporting News is reporting that taylor is considering transferring, although right now it is a little vague.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

LON

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 09:26:30 AM »
It seems that most of those issues are of the good old fashion boys willl be boys.....fight over a girl, who's tougher than the next guy.  Been going on forever.  Unless there were drugs involved or stealing or something major like that, a fight seems pretty mellow to me.  Maybe there was another incident I'm not aware of.

As Jason Whitlock wrote, this was not a "boys will be boys" and fighting over girls.  He equated it to two rival gangs, setting up a time and location for a fight.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2010, 09:45:50 AM »

Not politics.  Just stating the truth.  Acker is hear, but all we hear is rumor.  Maymon is gone.  Clark was never part of the program.  He was a committed recruit that would have been here starting in 2010-11.  I actually don't know who you are referencing in the fourth.

So...yeah we do have some off court issues as any program does.  But frankly your examples are an overreach.

Regardless, that doesn't mean we should actively seek additional players with proven off court issues.  Especially when such a player may not actually play very much with JC and VB in the backcourt.