[June 25, 2024, 08:39:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by MuMark
[June 25, 2024, 04:27:23 PM]

High school kids by MUbiz
[June 25, 2024, 04:25:04 PM]

my site phantom wallet login by rocky_warrior
[June 25, 2024, 03:48:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz comments on Cadougan  (Read 7012 times)

bma725

• All American
Re: Buzz comments on Cadougan
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2010, 02:03:00 PM »
September 17th.  At the time they were saying 4 to 6 months, which would mean he would normally have returned right about now at the earliest.  Given that he has been praticing for a little bit, one could say he's ahead of schedule.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2010, 02:42:09 PM »
Buzz did say the other day, he has been ahead of schedule the entire time...whatever that means.

If they do plan to play him, they have two road games to work him in, which I would think would be preferrable to having him make his debut at the BC (not that its a terribly big deal).

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2010, 04:03:34 PM »
Whether he intended it or not, Buzz has put a huge amount of presure on Cadougan to play.

He stated he thought it was likely that Cadougan would be worth one or two more wins.

This is the day after Lunardi--who historically has a pretty accurate view of who's in and who's out of the tourney--says we're one of the last four out. 

Put two and two together--we're on the wrong side of the bubble, and have a currently inactive but medically eligible player who could give us 1 or 2 more wins--one or two more wins that would likely move us off the bubble into the tourney. 

The biggest issue for Cadougan is not thinking about 2013-14.  It is simply this: How does he face his teammates if he decides not to play and we miss the tourney by just one or two wins. 

I cannot fathom being with my teammates waiting for the NCAA selections, learning that we were one of the last teams bumped off the bubble, and having to live with the thought that I caused us to miss the tourney because I wanted to save my eligibility for 2014.

Therefore, he plays.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2010, 04:05:27 PM »
Whether he intended it or not, Buzz has put a huge amount of presure on Cadougan to play.

He stated he thought it was likely that Cadougan would be worth one or two more wins.

This is the day after Lunardi--who historically has a pretty accurate view of who's in and who's out of the tourney--says we're one of the last four out. 

My guess is that he had these conversations with Junior long before either the recent interview or Lunardi's projections - which I doubt Buzz even pays attention to because at this point they are rather irrelevant.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2010, 04:20:14 PM »
There's no chance he doesn't play this year.  Otherwise, he either a) would never have been allowed to be on the bench, dressed. participating in warmups during a game or b) would never have said to Buzz that he's open to playing this year.  If he's still a redshirt, I'm betting they would have talked about practicing only, and on a limited basis.  If he's only a redshirt, there's no point in having him participate in drills at game speed.  Logic dictates he plays. Tonight.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2010, 04:30:17 PM »
The biggest issue for Cadougan is not thinking about 2013-14.  It is simply this: How does he face his teammates if he decides not to play and we miss the tourney by just one or two wins. 

I cannot fathom being with my teammates waiting for the NCAA selections, learning that we were one of the last teams bumped off the bubble, and having to live with the thought that I caused us to miss the tourney because I wanted to save my eligibility for 2014.

That's the biggest issue for Cadougan? Ridiculous.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2010, 04:31:09 PM »
I agree and logic and Buzz's style dictate that Junior said he wants to play.  Otherwise, this is not out in public or a public issue.

So Junior wants to play. Now Buzz has to decide if everyone is on board (Junior's mom, AAU coach, etc) or at least informing them and letting them know what it going on. If Junior mom's says no - then it's back to talk to Junior and his mom as I bet Buzz wants them both on board.

Then Buzz has to decide the impact on the team.  Will it be positive.  Then, will Junior be helping himself and the team or hurting himself long run by using up a year.....  I see this a neutral if he can play.  The experience will benefit him for next year as long as he gets meaningful minutes this year.  We will miss him in that 5th year we could have had him, but that is a long way off and maybe the experience this year offsets not having him for the 5th year.  If he doesn't get a lot of minutes, then it was a waste of a year, of course.  

This leaves the big question - will he hurt or help the team if he plays now. In my mind, he could cost us a game or two just as likely as he wins us a game or two.  It isn't obvious that he helps us win a game or two at this time of season for a freshman coming in for his first D-1 ball games.   Every minute he plays, if not as productive as Acker or Cubillian or DJO would have played, is a minute that could cost us a game even if we never know it.  

swimmer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2010, 05:34:58 PM »
I think Cadougan's contribution this season has less to do with being a net positive/negative vs. Acker or Cubillan, and more to do with being an insurance policy.  More injuries are not out of the question.  I'd say the odds of another significant injury before the end of the season are at least in the ball park of 50/50.  If that happens MU is toast if Cadougan isn't ready to go.  There just wouldn't be enough fouls to give, not enough time for "coachable moments" on the bench, and virtually no freedom to adjust the lineup around match-ups or off nights.  They might be screwed even if Cadougan is available, but he at least gives them a chance of absorbing another injury or illness.  And for him to be ready, it's probably best to get him a few minutes before the need is clear and present.  Sometimes the difference between a bottom dweller and a bubble team is just risk management.

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2010, 07:45:42 PM »
im thinkin' if were up big he gets a few minutes tonight.
out of the blue....just a prediction.
I also predict Joe Fulce will have a break out game.
*I am usually wrong with my predictions.

GO MU

smellofhotbeeftips

• Walk-On
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2010, 07:46:46 PM »
I pray to sweet Jesus that he does not reinjure himself.